Important

K

79 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• Mega Drive/Genesis
    • Snes

Zero pretty much named a lot of my SNES selling points (especially Super Mario World), although I never got hugely into Super Punch-Out. By that time, I'd moved on to the career-oriented gameplay of Evander "Real Deal" Holyfield Boxing. Oh, and no love for the original F-Zero, either. For shame.

I did, however, love the Genesis version of Dick Tracy. Game was hard as fuck, but I had fun with it.

The Genesis did have Mortal Kombat WITH blood though...

Yes... but Mortal Kombat blows. Mortal Kombat II is, and always will be, where it's at.

True. I actually still have MKII for the SNES, but I don't own MK for either system.

That's Streets of Rage 3

Thanks. I'd come across SoR loads of times but I never figured it'd be the 3rd in the series.

Also I hate this nostalgia. I want to get my Sega Saturn back out, ebay some of the best games for like £3 and have some fun. Because my games were all just football games and stuff, but I had a look around a year or so ago and apparently games like Night into DREAMS was meant to be a fantastic game and stuff, so I feel compelled to go back and get that and play.

Mega Drive.

The two were summed up by the approach to Aladdin. In the Mega Drive you swiped your sword and killed the rotten and dastardly foe in a nice child-friendly but satisfying splatter.

On the SNES you had no sword. You jumped on their head to make them disappear.

Stupid Nintendo anti-violence policy.

Megadrive wins for me.

Toejam & Earl

Sonic

Streets of Rage

Golden Axe

Lion King

Bubsy

Chuck Rock

Cool Spot

Psycho Pinball

Turtles Hyperstone Heist

Theme Park

Slime World

All rocked.

SNES admittedly had Super Bomberman, but that was eventually ported to the Megadrive as well.