Lee Evans or Peter Kay?

Baddar

39 members have voted

1. 1. Lee Evans or Peter Kay?

• Lee Evans
    • Peter Kay

So, much like my Family Guy or South Park thing last week, here's another one for you...

Lee Evans or Peter Kay?

Now personally, I think both of them are great. A lot of Lee Evans' older stuff is good and his XL Tour show in Cardiff a couple of years ago was bordering on great. But PK has had some good live shows too.

This should be a close one, I think.

Out of the two, I'm picking Lee Evans...just.

EDIT: It'd help if I put the poll up. >_>

Edited by Baddarum TSCH~!

Guest chatterbox

I don't trust anyone who would chose Peter Kay over Syphilis, so over Lee Evans? No way. Lee Evans is often dismissed, which annoys me. They guy puts a lot of energy into his performances, clearly has a lot of passion, and he is very funny. He isn't edgy, but then he isn't trying to be.

Peter Kay was funny at first, but then you grow up. His comedy relies on "Hey, do you have a gran?" "Haha, I do!" He releases a DVD every year with the exact same material on it, only in a different city with a different set. And of course, it is widely proven he has, in the past, has stolen material and well as attempting to sabotage other comedians' acts.

Edited by chatterbox

I can understand asking "What's your favourite animated show?" or "Who's your favourite stand-up comedian?", but choosing two yourself just for comparison, seems a little off if you ask me, which you didn't, so my opinion doesn't really matter anyway Baddy ({)

I can understand asking "What's your favourite animated show?" or "Who's your favourite stand-up comedian?", but choosing two yourself just for comparison, seems a little off if you ask me, which you didn't, so my opinion doesn't really matter anyway Baddy ({)

Next time, I'll have that in mind. (})

But yeah, the reason I did Family Guy/South Park and Lee Evans/Peter Kay was because I assumed they were all quite popular among EWB. I never said you couldn't say who your favourite was when voting, just for a preference between the two.

Peter Kay. I find his stuff at least fairly enjoyable, and Phoenix Nights was awesome.

I bought Lee Evans' Wembley DVD for three quid, and I think I smiled once throughout the whole show. It was god-awful.

I enjoy both of their stuff.

I picked Lee Evans cause not only does he have incredible energy and SO much talent but he comes across as the nicest most honest down to earth guy. Top bloke.

edit: Reading that back, guess it could be said for either of them, but never mind.

Right... it's half 11 and I just got back from a Lee Evans gig here in Carlisle. Kicking off his latest tour.

Fucking epic. Absolutely hilarious. Massive standing ovation for him. Seriously, it was completely and utterly amazing. I'm gonna go again in Newcastle me thinks.

Lee Evans. He's one of my heroes, I have all his 6 DVDs, will get this one when it's released in November. Go see his new tour, it was amazing.

Kinda weird how I get home and this is mentioned.

Fucking awesome.

Right... it's half 11 and I just got back from a Lee Evans gig here in Carlisle. Kicking off his latest tour.

Fucking epic. Absolutely hilarious. Massive standing ovation for him. Seriously, it was completely and utterly amazing. I'm gonna go again in Newcastle me thinks.

Lee Evans. He's one of my heroes, I have all his 6 DVDs, will get this one when it's released in November. Go see his new tour, it was amazing.

Kinda weird how I get home and this is mentioned.

Fucking awesome.

So, you liked it then?

How long was he on for? His last one in Cardiff lasted like 2 hours, 20 minutes. I think he's got 5 or 6 dates here in September.

Evans, just because everyone hopped on the Kay bandwagon and then I realised he was pretty shit and just basically reminded people he was Nothern as the basis of his comedy.

But yeah, gimme Bill Bailey or Ross Noble, or even Jack Dee and Frankie Boyle (I love the angry bastard comedy), not that I watch too many stand-ups.

The Live At the Apollo series' BBC does are good as you get a good variety, and just enough time for them to show off their skills but not too much time. [/end sidetrack]