So I bought a DS...

Captain Kirk

The Phoenix Wright games.

This.

Also, not necessarily must-haves but Brain Age and Kirby: Squeak Squad are fun. Kirby's super short, though.

Hotel Dusk if you can find it cheap

Mario Party DS is great as you can do a download game, so you can play a whole game with three others, who don't have the game

Mario Kart is a good racer and also good for an online game.

Phourglass is great fun, but you will grow to hate the initial temple (can't recall it's name) later on

Mario Party DS is great as you can do a download game, so you can play a whole game with three others, who don't have the game

Phourglass is great fun, but you will grow to hate the initial temple (can't recall it's name) later on

Yeah think I am quite far in to it just beat the Temple of the Ocean King for the 4th time(after the Ghost Ship), is there any other DS games like Zelda?

Funnily enough at 21 this is the first Zelda I have ever played. :blush:

Edited by J-Maestro

Yeah think I am quite far in to it just beat the Temple of the Ocean King for the 4th time(after the Ghost Ship), is there any other DS games like Zelda?

Funnily enough at 21 this is the first Zelda I have ever played. :blush:

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate plays kind of like Ocarina of Time. Pretty fun, too.

If you like platform games Sonic Rush, New Super Mario Bros, The Simpsons Game, and Megaman ZX Adventures (I believe it's called) are all tremendous.

Tony Hawk's American Sk8land is also surprisingly awesome. Feels just like the classic Playstation games.

Edited by The Rated-R Superstar

A "DS recommendation" thread seems to pop up a lot, so there's probably some more out there if you're looking for more recommendations.

But I'd recommend the new Guitar Hero game if you like that sort of thing, although it's not as good as the console versions. But as for DS games - Advance Wars: Dark Conflict aka Days Of Ruin, Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros., any Phoenix Wright game, Trauma Center, Hotel Dusk, Tetris, Elite Beat Agents/Ouenden (depending on your musical taste), Metroid Prime Hunters, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. If you like old PC games then Theme Park, Sim City and Anno 1702 are worth a look too. Oh and WarioWare Touched too. And Point Blank DS is very good if you like the arcade games. And if you like Sudoku, don't bother with any of the standalone Sudoku games, the bits in Brain Training are good enough, plus you get the rest of the game.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but that's good for starters.

Oh, just read you've got Zelda. It was the first Zelda game I've ever played too and I enjoyed it, but as you say going back to that Ocean King temple is annoying and to be honest by the end of the game I was just going through it for the sake of completing it rather than because I was enjoying it. But if they make a sequel I'd probably buy it.

Guest strongarm85

Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness is getting ported to the DS. The release date is September 20th.

Its a great strategy RPG with a very unique storyline and unique play style.

The story starts with the awakening of Laharl, the main character, from a two year sleep. While Laharl has been asleep, his father, the overlord of hell, died. And now all of his father's old minions are fighting amongst themselves to determine who will become the new Overlord.

As far as Game Mechanics are concerned they developers threw any idea of Balance out of the window when developing the game. Instead the game forces you to think of ways to cheat the system and create some truly uber characters. Although you can probably beat the game at in the double digits area, it is possible to characters that are around level 9999, and actually you can go higher than that too.

Edited by strongarm85

IIRC, Mario Kart doesn't use or very rarely uses the touchscreen. It just displays the overhead view of the racetrack.

And Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 doesn't use it, but that's fucking hard as I mentioned in the other thread.

New Super Mario Bros. only has you activating power-ups on the touchscreen and there might even be another way to do it. I'm not sure, I've not played in a while. But certainly if you can play the game without powerups then it's workable.

I take it you can still see the screen, it's just the touch part of it that doesn't work?

Correct.

And I own all of those games :P

How do you move about to the different worlds on New Super Mario Bros? Aside from the warp pipes isn't the only way to move around via the touch screen?