UEFA Champions League 08/09

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ringmaster

I'll have you know Tevez is worth 25 million moon dollars! You musn't speak bad of him.

Silly mick commentator is now talking about how selling Pique cost the Mancs a CL title!

I don't hate Man Utd or anything, but it's quite enjoyable seeing them play shit and be all frustrated and stuff, didn't expect it actually and the first 10 minutes seemed to indicate that Man Utd were going to be the better side.

Why do you hate Barca so much? Saying you'd rather lose to Liverpool is a big statement. Barca plays football like it's supposed to be; fast paced, attacking, the Johan Cruijff philosophy basically. Just look at Iniesta, pure and utter class.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Guest Ringmaster

And now Pep Guardiola's going to be constantly hailed as one of the best managers alive for winning a treble in his first season. Thankfully, I don't speak Spanish and won't have to endure any of this :shifty:

Also, BIH in hell Man Yoo. BIH in hell.

Edited by Ringmaster

Yeah, Cmon, I'm a United fan and Barcelona were just simply the better team on the night. Poor selection from Fergie, but to be honest, even if it hadnt been I don't know if we'd have been able to manage. Not a bad game, but not the final most people were expecting.

I'm off to live in Barca next year so I'm sure I will hear a lot about this win! Grr very disappointing but Barcelona were the better team and deserve the trophy. United just didn't look a threat and to be honest Barca could have won by 4 or 5. Fantastic display by Messi and Iniesta.

I must admit though that this Messi praise is eluding me a bit. Fantastic goal yes, but other than that I think Iniesta and Xavi were much, much better.

Yeah Messi has been dissapointing against English teams, he did great against all the other teams like Bayern Munich though. He doesn't get a lot of room by the English defenders and they are usually pretty damn strong too so I guess the next step for Messi is to find a way to be amazing against English teams as well. Iniesta has been godlike this season.

Be interesting to hear Jamie Redknapp's opinions on the referee. He had an excellent game, but according to Top Top Pundit that isn't possible because he doesn't really have any experience of matches this size, given that he referees in the Swiss leagues.

Messi was awesome though! United didn't have a clue how to handle him when he was on the ball and he just cut through it like it wasn't there. Iniesta and Xavi have to be the best two midfielders around right now. It's amazing just how much better this Barcelona team was than Man United. Simply couldn't keep up with them.