"Damn, that's still cool" moments in movies...

JStarr

'Fuck you man, Fuck! You wanna fuck with me, eh? Ok, Ok, you wanna play rough, ok,

Say, hello, to my little friend!'

Fucking love scarface. Quality film.

Also for some reason 300 has a soft spot for me with the pit scene.

& last but not least, Armeggedon with:

Truman: So what's the verdict?

Harry Stamper: They'll do it. They've made a few requests though.

Truman: Such as?

Harry Stamper: [riffles through sheets of paper] Well, there's uh, few things here, uh... nothin' really big, uh, just- Well, as an example, uh, uh, Oscar here, he's got some outstanding parking tickets. Wants them wiped off his record.

Oscar: [shouting from balcony] Fifty-six tickets in seven states...

Harry Stamper: [to Oscar] I'll-I'll tell 'em Oscar, you got it.

Oscar: Okay.

Harry Stamper: Uh, Noonan's got two women friends that he'd like to see made American citizens no questions asked. Max would like you to... bring back eight-track tapes. Not sure if that's gonna work, but, uh, let's see what else. Um, Chick wants a full week's Emperor's Package at Caesar's Palace. Um - hey, you guys wouldn't be able to tell us who actually killed Kennedy, would ya?

[pause, turns and shakes his head]

Harry Stamper: Um, Bear would like to stay at the...

[tries to read writing]

Harry Stamper: "White horse"?

[looks up at Bear]

Bear: White, *House*. White House.

Harry Stamper: White House. Yeah, he'd like to stay in the Lincoln bedroom of the White House for the summer. Stuff like that.

Truman: Sure, I think we can, uh, take care of... some of that.

Rockhound: [shouting from balcony] Harry!

Harry Stamper: [motions back at Rockhound] Yeah one more thing, um... none of them wanna pay taxes again.

[pauses]

Harry Stamper: Ever.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that was a nice scene from Armaggeddon, but my favorite was the scene with Rockhoung in the bar/club when he was looking at the bimbo's rock.

FBI Agent: Sir, we have a matter of national secruity.

Rockhound: Good for you.

FBI Agent: Come with us sir.

Rockhound: How old are you again?

*Wants to see Planet Terror*

Thought of another, the elevator scene in The Departed.

I liked the end of the first Saw aswell, always makes me smile him just getting up off the floor and walking out >.>

And one from a recent movie, not a great movie, "Call me an asshole, one more time!" tbf only seen it the once so not sure it qualifies heh

The scene from one of the Indy movies that I had in my avatar a few months back. I always mix up which movies are which cause of the names, but yeah. That dude shows up... does his whole sword routine and you think "Oh shit, something's about to happen." bracing for a big fight scene. Then Indy just fucking shoots him. Amazing.

In The Departed when Matt Damon walks back into his apartment and Mark Wahlberg is standing there and Damon says, "Okay". Then gets shot in the head.

Almost everything in this thread has been excellent, and the above is just a great example.

One of my favourite moments is in Batman Forever. I know its super campy, but when Two Face and Riddler are attacking Wayne Manor and Two Face knocks out Bruce Wayne - Two Face wants to murder Wayne to kill Batman, but Riddler stops him and delivers a line that I have always loved: "Doooooon't Kill Him! Then he won't LEARN nothing!" before leaving a clue for Wayne.

Soooo many moments for me...

Last of The Mohicans: Uncus's death slide down the mountain at the end followed by the girl jumping, and then pissed-off Daddy kicking ass.. It always makes me tear up and it's some good quality violence.

----

Serenity: Wash... :( "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I... AAAAUUNNGHCCCKKK... Just fucking horrible, and it's why I hate Whedon... Bastard always punishes us.

River's breaking down moment when Simon is shot and then hurling herself out into a group of Reavers, throwing in the med pack, getting overwhelmed, and the door just fucking closes...

"My Turn.." Powerful shit. *nod*

---

Snatch: Cousin Avi showing up at Doug's office in England and just destroying him with some of the greatest dialogue I've ever heard.. It's an amazing sequence and always makes me giggle like mad.

Vinnie Jones.. Nuff said.

---

Pick of Destiny: There's 4 big moments here for me.

Ben Stiller - I normally don't like him, but he was on fire with the exposition, and leading The D into a dark room with no light but from his zippo and the little pout that he gives when KG turns on the lights and ruins his ambiance... Fucking awesome.

Tim Robbins: The whole "Come here so I can stab you!" bit.

Meatloaf: Not so much for the song, which isn't the best work he's ever done, just from it being so surreal that he's singing it.

Belzeboss: YUS! The sequence was full of win and awesome, tying up the whole saga, and bonus point for The D's song actually sucking compared to the greatness that is a Death Metal Dave Grohl.

---

Hellboy: Seen it a million times but the "Let her go." line gets me everytime, coupled with 'Gonna be sore in the morning.' makes it one of my sentimental favorites.

---

Shoot 'Em Up: Yeah, I know it's been covered... But FUCK! It's like mindblowingly awesome. Using a fire to rocket bullets in between your fingers, slamming a carrot through a guy's throat and saying "Eat Your Vegetables."

And possibly one of the coolest villians in a long time just due to the fact he's smart and not caught up on being a villian.

---

Jesus' Son: Sadly, I'm probably one of the few here that's seen it, but god... The narration is excellent all the way through. Notable geek out moments for me are pretty much anytime Dennis Leary, Jack Black, or Dennis Hopper is onscreen.

---

True Romance: The whole thing. Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper sitting down face to face in the famous 'Sicilians Were Spawned By NGHs' scene and both bringing their A-Game, was epic.

Christian Slater getting a pep talk from Elvis (Val Kilmer) was almost as good, now I dislike Kilmer as a rule but he made a damn fine Elvis hallucination.

Gary Oldman as Drexl the pimp and the speech he gives Slater was awesome.. I dream of being as cool as he was in this picture.

The big showdown at the end with EVERYONE getting fucked up still makes me geek out. Bonus points for Chris Penn and Tom Sizmore as slightly corrupt cops.

----

The Professional: SEND IN EVERYONE! And yeah... "This... Is for... Matilda." As a child this was my first exposure to Reno and Oldman and will always be my favorite of each.

---

El Mariachi: I actually saw it last in the series, and for the longest time having seen Desperado as a child thought it was the original. El Mariachi is now the strongest of them all in my heart and blows away Antonio's performance.

The best part for me other than the line about the coconuts at the beginning of the film is the death of Azul. The baddest motherfucker in all of Mexico the whole way through the movie, shown as a completely unredeemable killer, and then as Domino dies in his arms you can see the tears in his eyes and hear his voice break..

And Moco's line about his weakness being "You just have too much heart.." And shooting him in the heart... Powerful.

---

Last but not least for me..

KungFu Hustle:

The Hatchet Gang holding all of Pigsty Alley hostage, and Brother Sum's overpowering performance as an evil bastard.. The dramatic music rising as they soak a family in gasoline, Sing throws the lighter and...

The Coolie catches it and just looks so damned badass. All of the fight scenes are amazing, but this one is especially cool with Donut and The Tailor joining in.

Fong and Sing's story line hurts my heart.. Sing trying to save Fong as a child, getting his ass beat and then pissed on, Fong trying to give him the lollipop he rescued for her, and him running away in shame and sadness..

Then, years later when he steals the icecream from her, you can just see the sadness in her eyes as she recognizes him, which is only increased when he mugs her later and she still sees him as a hero, enough atleast to let him rob her and STILL try to give him the lollipop..

And that's the crushing moment for me right there, when he realizes what a monster he's become, and smashes the lollipop against the wall, which leads into the beautiful sequence where he's on the verge of certain death and he's asked if he has any last desires..

He draws a lollipop on the ground with his own blood signifying his regret and wrapping up his story arc so wonderfully that I thought he was about to die, when I first viewed it.

And pretty much any moment with The Beast is glorious.

Transformers... Lol

I just love watching the freeway chase scene between Optimus Prime and the Decepticon. And also the very end was a good finish.

As for others I like the Dead Man's Chest ending sequence, Two Towers with Gandalf and the riders and even the opening seqeunce in "Road To Perdition"

There's plenty that come to mind, but I can remember exactly which movie every one is from. The one that sticks out to me right now though, is the scene in Spider Man 2 where Octavious' tentacles come to life in the hospital and maim every single nurse and doctor in the room. Just the complete lack of music along with the very comic book style photography made that scene awesome to me.

Oh, and another one would of course be the "THIS... IS... SPARTA!" scene in 300, along with the fight in the shade scene. Just the imagery of the arrows blacking out the sun was incredible.

I'm also a huge fan of the entire film A Scanner Darkly. I just love the live action/animation hybrid of that film.

If I can think of any more, I'll add them later.

I was gonna mention the ending of The Departed but it was only out like 3 years ago and I didn't wanna ruin the ending for anybody who hasn't seen it :shifty:

I thought of another. In Forrest Gump where Gump's at Lieutenant Dan's house on New Year's Eve, and then Gump pushes one of the women off, so she's like "is your friend stupid or somethin'?" and Lieutenant Dan's like DON'T CALL HIM STUPID and flops on the floor and is all like GET OUT. That makes me mark the fuck out.

Yeah someone should spoiler that...maybe... >.>

"Bite the curb!" , should of come to sooner.

Also watched Leon again last night, there is a scene where Gary Oldman's character Stansfield orders more men to get Leon, "Call in everyone" other cop replies "Everyone?", "EVERYONE!!!!" heh not the best description but it still gives me goosebumps.

I was gonna mention the ending of The Departed but it was only out like 3 years ago and I didn't wanna ruin the ending for anybody who hasn't seen it :shifty:

I thought of another. In Forrest Gump where Gump's at Lieutenant Dan's house on New Year's Eve, and then Gump pushes one of the women off, so she's like "is your friend stupid or somethin'?" and Lieutenant Dan's like DON'T CALL HIM STUPID and flops on the floor and is all like GET OUT. That makes me mark the fuck out.

"Lt. Dan, she tasted like cigarettes..." haha i love Forrest Gump

For some reason, the scene in Spider-Man 2 when Spider-Man saves Harry and Harry just says "This doesn't change anything."

And pretty much anything from The Crow, especially when he gets shot in the face, acts like he's hurt, turns around and just laughs.

Ummm... pretty sure he gets shot point blank in the hand... and has a gaping hole in it. Turns around screaming and stuff, but then turns back around to face the guy, holds his hand up and looks through the hole and starts laughing maniacally as it closes back up.

For some reason, the scene in Spider-Man 2 when Spider-Man saves Harry and Harry just says "This doesn't change anything."

And pretty much anything from The Crow, especially when he gets shot in the face, acts like he's hurt, turns around and just laughs.

Ummm... pretty sure he gets shot point blank in the hand... and has a gaping hole in it. Turns around screaming and stuff, but then turns back around to face the guy, holds his hand up and looks through the hole and starts laughing maniacally as it closes back up.

That would be correct.

I appreciate a certain amount of subtlety to my movies. A random mark-out moment for me near the end of Back to the Future 3, where Marty blasts back to 1986, and the canyon has been renamed Eastwood Canyon.

My favorite moment in Batman Forever is actually when The Riddler is destroying the Batcave. He just goes off and acts like a baseball player as he throws one of the bat-shaped grenades at the control panel. The cool part? He actually grabs his crotch and contorts his face so that he looks like a really uncouth pitcher.

MST3K The Movie - the part where they break the Hubble. Somehow, if anybody else did it, we'd be like, "Oh my God! You fake-broke a national treasure!" In MST3K, it's more like, "Oh my God! That was hilarious!"

And finally, in Clueless - "Hamlet didn't say that." "I think I know the works of William Shakespeare." "Well, I know Mel Gibson, and Mel didn't say that. That Polonius guy did." Total "grin because it's ironic" moment.

I appreciate a certain amount of subtlety to my movies. A random mark-out moment for me near the end of Back to the Future 3, where Marty blasts back to 1986, and the canyon has been renamed Eastwood Canyon.

Ah BTTF series is cracking for those, I remember the first time I noticed the Twin Pine Mall change to the Lone Pine Mall :lol:

Ghostbusters, when Ray accidently chooses the form of Gozar to be the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. I love the reactions and the way a giant marshmallow man looks storming through New York City.

Seconded...although I'd have been somewhat curious to see Venkman's choice of J. Edgar Hoover. Wonder if he'd have shown up in drag.

It doesn't matter how many times I see it, but the whole vomit scene in Monty Python's The Meaning of Life makes me laugh hard every time.

The whole scene is great - right from the "isn't it awfully nice to have a penis" song, to the lady saying she has a heavy period and then finally the "at least I don't work for Jews" line.