"Damn, that's still cool" moments in movies...

JStarr

No matter how many times I see some movies, there's spots where I still grin uncontrollably or get a little quickening of the pulse, getting caught up in the excitement.

The first two that leap to mind is in Major League, when Wild Thing comes out of the bullpen in the playoff game and the whole crowd is bellowing his theme song, and in Ghostbusters, when the mayor throws the EPA fag out of his office and sends the Ghostbusters to do their job. I've seen these movies dozens of times, but still dig these scenes to no end.

Any movie moments that still make you mark out?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's kind of lame, but the final scene of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is awesome. I've seen that movie multiple times, and it gives me chills every single time as Barbossa comes down the steps. It's just shot so well.

As for another one, I love the scene in Hook when Peter goes after Jack's game-winning homerun ball and the entire transformation into Peter Pan. The sequence is LOOOONG, and the music absolutely makes it.

Edited by HeartlineTwist

The ending of Fight Club with Edward Norton and Helen Bonham-Carter staring out over a city of exploding, falling skyscrapers against the backdrop of The Pixies "Where is My Mind?". Still gives me goosebumps.

Also on a cheesier note the scene under the waterfall in Last of the Mohicans makes me swoon like a little girl every time. :wub:

EDIT: Also in Alien 3, when Charles S Dutton gives the speech about how they are going to fight the alien and the music swells....Fucking love that!

Edited by Snow White and the 7Ups

In Pulp Fiction when John Travolta shoots Jimmy in the back of his car and sprays his brains all over the back seat is ag rat moment for me. I love the "Oh shit" look on his face.

"Stop All The Clocks" from Four Weddings still reduces me to tears.

The dinner table scene with the African Guy's family in I Heart Huckabees.

I still can't watch the "glass cage of emotion" scene in Anchorman without crying with laughter.

There's loads more, I imagine, but it's early and I cannot think.

In Pulp Fiction when John Travolta shoots Jimmy in the back of his car and sprays his brains all over the back seat is ag rat moment for me. I love the "Oh shit" look on his face.

It's Marvin, but yeah, I still get a chuckle there, too. Just Vincent's deadpan, "Aw, man, I shot Marvin in the face."

Jimmy was Tarantino's character.

It's Marvin, but yeah, I still get a chuckle there, too. Just Vincent's deadpan, "Aw, man, I shot Marvin in the face."

Jimmy was Tarantino's character.

We had a token black kid in my secondary school class. We named him Marvin. Had to be done.

The plane rescue scene in Superman Returns. Not a HUGE fan of the film, but that scene is immense. Just the shot of a red and blue flash shooting past the window........ I have goosebumps just thinking about it. But then again, I get goosebumps whenever someone says the "They are a great people Kal-El, if the wish to be. They lack only the light to show them the way...." speech. It's actually rather embarassing.

The approach of the T-Rex in Jurassic Park still sends shivers down my spine. Ditto the arrival of Gandalf and the Riders at the conclusion of The Two Towers.

And the dude using flash cards to show his friend's wife how much he loves here in Love, Actually. Got a soft spot for that :P

Alien. Chestburster.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JehjqlzXwIQ

Ithankyou

Also:

NOBUUUUUUUUUUUU

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s8f3C96Gh8k

I'm trying to find a clip of it but the part of House Of Flying Daggers when the four guys are closing in on Zhang Ziyi and the guy fires the four arrows and they all thud into them at the same time and they going flying backwards while she's left standing there. I marked out far too much in the cinema at that.

The "FUNNY HOW? FUNNY LIKE A CLOWN?" scene from Goodfellas, which you might have guessed I'm a fan of going by my name. I go crazy whenever I see that. Oh and in the same film where Pesci shoots the kid after he tells him to go fuck himself, and when Pesci tells Billy Batts to stop breaking his balls and after a few seconds, Batts just goes NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX and Pesci is all like MOTHERFUCKER and breaks the glass. Awesome.

In Pulp Fiction where Butch is driving home after getting his grandfather's watch and Marsellus Wallace is in the road in front of him, and the entire scene afterwards. In fact pretty much everything in Pulp Fiction.

"Dodge This!" don't really need to say the film, pretty obvious choice but as it came out when i was a teenager, and i marked for pretty much anything when i was a teenager, it was the first one that came to mind.

The sex scene in Shoot 'Em Up, in fact there are a few moments in that film that crack me up every time i see it.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - Pretty much the entire movie...Robert Downey Jnr is the fucking man!

Can't think of any others where i wouldn't be repeating other members.