Robot Chicken

livid

So having just brought it up in passing in The Lounge, I'm curious.

Who's a fan of the show? Because I've met people that love it and then I've met people that absolutely hate it.

I think it's hit or miss, for the most part, but given the sheer amount of skits that they have, they're bound to have some that aren't that funny.

It's a good show. I never really care to watch it, just because Adult Swim is annoying with their whole "Hey, look at us, we are cultish and underground, oh la la."

I really loved the Admiral Ackbar Cereal skit and the Darth Vader calling Lord Sith and crying skit, but those are the only two I really remember.

It varies from episode to episode. I remember when it premiered I sat down with three good buddies and we laughed our asses off at the premiere episode, then we got together again and watched the 2nd and found it great too. The next two episodes (3 & 4 of season 1) we also watched together but came away going "... uhm, what the fuck was that? That was fucking terrible." and then didn't bother with the rest of season 1.

I didn't find the rest of season 1 or the first part of 2 to be particularly funny, but about midway through 2 it picked up and it's been a decent show since.

I never really care to watch it, just because Adult Swim is annoying with their whole "Hey, look at us, we are cultish and underground, oh la la."

I take more issue with the fact that they greenlight the dumbest motherfucking shows ever just because they're so RANDOM~ and ABSURD~! They hit on something big with the absurdism in Aqua Teen, and then instead of trying new things they just keep spewing out these fucking awful shows like Squidbillies, 12 Oz. Mouse etc. that just scream "LOOK AT US! WE'RE ABSURD! ISN'T THAT HILARIOUS! IT'S HILARIOUS, RIGHT GUYS?" No, it's not. It's fucking stupid.

That said I usually just catch the few shows I like (Venture Bros etc.) on AdultSwim.com. No commercials, woo.

Eh. I remember when it was new, some friends and I were looking at random clips on YouTube, that was cool. Then I started watching the episodes and it became clear that the Youtube uploaders had published a select few funny clips from an enormous amount of shit.

I've watched a few episodes and me and my buddies agree that it's essentially ADD-TV (which I believe was the original working title of the show). The one skit that we all remember occurred when there was a guy on top of his ex's roof. He calls her and he finds out that she's married and has kids. He says that he's got a great present for her and her kids. He holds his head over the chimney and begins to saw his head off.

It was bizarre but extremely hilarious.

I remember the first season being great, then the second not really doing much until the Harry Potter one ("Virgin!" "Second Base" and Tracy Morgan playing Dumbledore because he changes every movie). Anymore the show seems to rely too much on violence and vulgarity, instead of just being funny like it used to be.

I take more issue with the fact that they greenlight the dumbest motherfucking shows ever just because they're so RANDOM~ and ABSURD~! They hit on something big with the absurdism in Aqua Teen, and then instead of trying new things they just keep spewing out these fucking awful shows like Squidbillies, 12 Oz. Mouse etc. that just scream "LOOK AT US! WE'RE ABSURD! ISN'T THAT HILARIOUS! IT'S HILARIOUS, RIGHT GUYS?" No, it's not. It's fucking stupid.

Okay, no. 12 Oz. Mouse is one of the most complicated and well thoughout shows in television history.

Okay, no. 12 Oz. Mouse is one of the most complicated and well thoughout shows in television history.

No, it's fucking retarded and cancellation is the best thing anyone could hope for it. And cancellation is what it got.

I'm a fan, I guess. I've watched a lot of it and enjoyed a lot of it. I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as I did when the robot raped Herbie and told her/him/it to be quiet when she/he/it struggled.

THIS...IS...SCRUMPTIOUS!

I think my favourite 300 parody was the one with George Washington. "1776". Youtube it if you haven't seen it.

Also, the skit from season 1 with the zombie skateboarder guy who kills teens for the mayor in an effort to prevent other teens from skateboarding around town.

The problem that I have with Robot Chicken is that I watch a lot of Adult Swim. When I'm on late at night, I'll have Cartoon Network on and when I'm not talking to people I'll watch it. Now, Robot Chicken is on every night but Saturday, if I remember correctly. The show has only had a couple of seasons, definitely not enough for daily showings. Because of this, it gets old quickly.