Isaac Hayes Dies

Scott McFly

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - Musician Isaac Hayes died early Sunday morning, according to Shelby County Sheriff's Department spokesperson Steve Shular.

A Shelby County sheriff's deputy responded to Hayes' home after his wife found him on the floor near a treadmill inside his home.

Hayes was taken to Baptist East Hospital in Memphis, where he was pronounced dead at 2:08am.

Deputies with the Shelby County Sheriff's Department are continuing their investigation into Hayes' death, but they believe no foul play was involved.

Hayes was 65-years-old.

Source: WMC-TV News.

http://www.wmctv5.com/Global/story.asp?S=8817903

Man, that sucks. :(

Only really knew of his work with South Park, but obviously he was a highly respected guy and had a long career far before I was around.

RIP Isaac.

Edited by Scott McFly

I wonder if South Park will do anything? I know Hayes and Trey/Matt ended things on bad terms, but since he played such a huge part in the show's success, they could/should do something in next season's first episode.

... and this makes me sad. I always wished that one day Chef would return to South Park.

It always goes in 3's. Mac, Kowalski, and now Hayes. Hopefully that's the last of them. This has been a bad weekend for the entertainment business.

Killer Kowalski isn't dead.

The only possible third would be Morgan Freeman dying.

What the fuck, man? Bernie Mac, who hadn't had a chance to be a royal fuckup with his movies like Cedric The Entertainer or Steve Harvey, dies and Isaac Hayes, an awesome black man that just seemed to be crazy with scientology (like awesome people like Beck aren't crazy with it), is dead. Fuck, man. RIP to both. I love Chef and "Theme from Shaft" so he surely will be missed.

I heard he had a stroke a few years back and that's partly why he left South Park, but this comes as a complete shock. I was just checking his Wiki the other week to see what else he'd done. Such a total shame :(

I thought he left over the scientology stuff? He didn't mind taking shots at other religions but when they wanted to make a joke about scientology it was "going too far"?

Allegedly that decision was made by a "representative" of Hayes while he was in hospital recovering from his stroke, not by Hayes himself, so a little from column A, a little from column B.