Official X Factor Season 5 thread.

Guest tiarnantmann

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diana has been great. She just doesn't always go out there and belt out emotional songs, so the judges and people think she's not as good as the others. Point is,she's different to any other person to ever enter the show and I don't feel any of the others are better or will make it as big as she will.

And honestly, Owen? I know it's spelt different, but he doesn't even deserve his name spelt right. How the fuck is he still there with his cheesy smile and bush hair? Haven't they learned from the shit of people like George Samson?

JLS are also good and all, but I really hope they don't win. Alexandra has won me over a bit, but I still don't think she'll win it. Anybody outside Diana now would be a massive shame. Fuck knows how Ruth went out and cheese head remains, good god.

Ruth out? Seriously UK? Jeez. She sang unbelievably in her two songs. And Owen comes out and is the drizzling shits for his first song and then tries to emulate Same Difference for the second without any of the personality or charm. And then Diana does her usual Cranberries impression while waving her fucking hand around and smiling like a minx and that's enough to get her through apparently. I didn't hear her second song but unless it tore the roof down then it wouldn't have redeemed that godawful first showing. JLS were solid as usual and I guess are now my preferred act to win now Ruth has gone.

Ruth out? Seriously UK? Jeez. She sang unbelievably in her two songs. And Owen comes out and is the drizzling shits for his first song and then tries to emulate Same Difference for the second without any of the personality or charm. And then Diana does her usual Cranberries impression while waving her fucking hand around and smiling like a minx and that's enough to get her through apparently. I didn't hear her second song but unless it tore the roof down then it wouldn't have redeemed that godawful first showing. JLS were solid as usual and I guess are now my preferred act to win now Ruth has gone.

She didn't tear the roof down with "Everybody Hurts". I'd go as far as saying that her first performance was better. You need to remember that if she has fans (193,000+ on Facebook alone...I'm one of them. I doubt it'll mean much in the end looking at the big picture, but she has at least 3 times as many as anyone else.) they're more than likely going to stick by her. She could come out and sing Bob The Builder next week and still go through if people keep voting.

Her performances aren't shit, some people just see them as shit just because she's not doing the same old emotional shit like the majority of other acts. As I said before, not every act has to do an emotional belter week in week fucking out. Why aren't people moaning about the acts that are doing that, trying to play the sympathy vote with their tears too? Diana comes across as the most genuine, goes out there and sings how she fucking wants, not how the judges or producers want her to.

She didn't tear the roof down with "Everybody Hurts". I'd go as far as saying that her first performance was better. You need to remember that if she has fans (193,000+ on Facebook alone...I'm one of them. I doubt it'll mean much in the end looking at the big picture, but she has at least 3 times as many as anyone else.) they're more than likely going to stick by her. She could come out and sing Bob The Builder next week and still go through if people keep voting.

It's the same every year. I think I read that basically every winner of these shows has been pretty much top of the voting from the start. I wanted Leon to win last year, and I voted for him regardless of his performance (in fact more when he was complete shit, just to make sure he got through). At this stage, X Factor is just a popularity contest, since a great performance means fuck all if nobody votes.

The X Factor bosses have selected the song Hallelujah to be released by this year's winner, according to The Mirror.

The competition winner will perform the Leonard Cohen track during the final show.

Jeff Buckley's version on Hallelujah has also re-entered The Official Charts since it was performed on the talent show by favourite Diana Vickers (pictured above).

According to The Mirror, the remaining acts are angry that bosses have selected the song for the winner, due to Diana performing it in the past, to which judge Louis Walsh told Vickers she had "made the song her own".

The single will be released on December 15.

I like JLS but dont want them to win purely for my hatred of Louis Walsh. Doubt i'll even watch it now Ruth has gone. Hope Alexandra wins now, she is by far the most talented left in the show.

Also, has anyone noticed the strange face that Owen makes when his phone number comes on screen after his performance? Harry Hill has! :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s_W7U3HuUUE

Edited by SilentBob2004