Disaster Movie...

Lint

Ok..so the first and second Scary Movies were good..3rd was ok, 4th was a waste of time. Then we had Not Another Teen Movie..not bad, but not too good either..then it was Date Movie, Epic Movie, Superhero Movie...all worthless pieces of shite that had zero laughs for me..now theres Disaster Movie..seriously..will they finally stop making these steaming piles of shit ever?

I actually havent' watched any of them since NATM...I did see Date Movie with my then gf but thought it sucked..she thought it was hilarious and I knewthe relationship was doomed from then on..

I haven't seen any of them since Scary Movie 2. I may have seen SM4, but I'm not sure.

I don't feel like I'm missing anything, and I don't see what the people who complain about them have to bitch about, it's always very clear from the trailer that they're going to be awful.

I actually enjoyed Scary Movie 1, 2 and 3. The rest can go away and die. I snuck into Superhero Movie without paying after watching another movie when it was in theatres, and that was probably the second worst movie I had ever seen. The worst was The Comebacks.

I saw Scary Movie 4..good lord..It hink I laughed once during it...and I was drunk when I saw it..so that may have been the reason

The first two Scary Movies were okay. SM3 was kinda' sad. Not Another Teen Movie was only funny if you had seen all of the movies that the film alluded to...which, I am sad to admit, I pretty much had. Except for The Breakfast Club.

Superhero Movie was okay, though there were a few too many scat jokes. Other than that it made some kind of sense.

SM 1 & 2 are easily the best of the entire series of these films, and they're actually very funny - perhaps because instead of just "parody-parody-parody", they actually put a little thought in to it. I caught like, two minutes of Epic Movie once and wanted to die.

I actually enjoyed Scary Movie 1, 2 and 3. The rest can go away and die. I snuck into Superhero Movie without paying after watching another movie when it was in theatres, and that was probably the second worst movie I had ever seen. The worst was The Comebacks.

Which has just been released on DVD in the UK under the title "Sports Movie". Go figure.

But yeah, I've seen all the Scary Movie films and they pretty much go in descending order of watchability, with the possible exception of 3 being on a par with if not better than 2. But 4 sucked. I actually thought Not Another Teen Movie was great, but as Nick says, a lot of the jokes you'll only get if you've seen all the teen movies. Which I haven't, but the way they took the piss out of the "chick" teen movies (She's All That, 10 Things I Hate About You) was right up my street because they look awful. Date Movie was alright, nothing too unwatchable. Basically, it helps if they have enough of a bareable story on their own without just slamming other films constantly.

I haven't seen any of the other "Movie" movies, but caught bits of Epic Movie when it was on one of the Sky movie channels and quite frankly that's enough to put me off. I may give Superhero Movie a watch at some point as I've pretty much seen all of those, so figure I've got a better chance at getting the jokes. <_<

Disaster Movie comes from the same people that directed Date Movie, Epic Movie, and Meet the Spartans. They were also some of the writers for the Scary Movie series, which started out as a Wayans project, before the second two were directed by David Zucker (from Airplane and the Naked Gun).

Since Epic Movie, Date Movie, and Meet the Spartans are the worst things ever to be put on film- plotless, sub-Mad TV humor that you pay to watch- they make stuff like Not Another Teen Movie look like Shakespeare.

What I don't understand, its called Disaster Movie...so I was thinking parodies of movies like The Day After Tomorrow, Deep Impact, Armageddon etc...so what do thingsl ike Amy Winehouse, You don'tMess With The Zohan and Indiana Jones have to do with it

Say I step in dogshit or I brake my arm in 12 places, I know one way to make myself better.

I tell myself "At least I am not watching the Comebacks!".

It works every single time. I bet they show that movie at Guantanamo Bay.

Seriously, are there any actual jokes in Disaster Movie? So far, all the ads consist of are shots of people pointing and practically saying "Hey, you're a person!" Not to say that any of the other movies were any better but by now, it just seems like the scriptwriters are falling asleep on the job and turn in scripts consisting of nothing but drool and an imprint of their head. Worse yet, people are stupid enough to film it and dumber people are stupid enough to pay money for it.

I'm still convinced that this is just an exercise to weed out the dumb people in the world and a year or so down the road, we'll hopefully get "Gas Chamber Movie".

I'm hoping that Disaster Movie shows Lionsgate that these (pieces of shit a dog wouldn't even sniff) aren't always profitable movies.

Think about it - it's going up against Tropic Thunder (which took TDK out of first place), The Dark Knight (which, despite losing that place, is still making money), Pineapple Express (which was close to taking TDK out last week), among a few others I can't remember right now.

I say fair play to them. If I was the guy behind these films and idiots continued to watch them, of course I'd make more. I haven't seen any since Scary Movie 2, so none of this actually bothers me. I mean, this film looks absolutely shit (I went to see Get Smart and there was a trailer, they used the EXACT SAME gag three times - a spoof of the woman from Enchanted where she was all happy and then turned around and got ran over, then a slightly modified version of that in a spoof of Hancock being all like "man I can't be bothered with this" and flying up and hitting his head on some sort of pole and hitting the ground... and there was another one as well, but it definitely involved the same "statement of defiance/happiness! OWW I SUDDENLY GOT FLATTENED" format) but if people will go to see them and find them funny they have no real reason to stop.

I just saw the trailer, and I wanted to rip my eyes out.

Seriously, Hannah Montanta? Enchanted? And the best bit, referencing Sex and The City, Juno and Don't Mess with the Zohan all in one bit.

Half this stuff is just taking a scene from the film, and then "adding something funny" (but fail miserably).

That's like me filming two of my friends do the scene from Closer where Jude Law walks into Clive Owen's office, but instead of him leaving at the end, he walks into the door.