Attention Ryan: Please Stop Touching Yourself. (Coheed News)

K

• 3 months later...

Night one (SSTB) was awesome. :)

Night two (IKSOSE) was cancelled due to bad electrics :( Moved to Night five

Night three (GAIBS1) is tonight.

Night four was an acoustic show and meet and greet and then the main show (GAIBS2), but the acoustic stuff and the meet and greet was moved to night five

Night five is night twos main show (IKSOSE) and then the meet and greet acoustic from night four.

It's all been a bit poorly organised. admittedly the elecs weren't their fault, but it's fucked up my week a bit, and Ryans gonna have to miss work, I'm having to fake some sick days because of the moved early acoustic set.

It just feels a bit unprofessional.

Also there seems to be more VIPs than regular ticket holders. on Night one our queue was longer than the regular one.

250 VIPs there are supposed to be.

SSTB night was wonderful, I was...quite drunk, but yeah, it was spot on. I was looking forward to IKSOSE the most being the album that got me into the band, but putting it at the end might actually finish it off better (I'm way less familiar with NWFT, and IKSOSE has a cooler-sounding acronym anyway). I enjoyed Good Apollo more than I thought I would, but I think me and Keith both agreed that the album tails off towards the end, and as much as I love Final Cut, they REALLY need to learn when to stop jamming. 20-minute drum solo, it was technically good, but took the crowd completely out of it. They should've kept the jam short and then gone into the killer encore - the Everything Evil/Trooper/Devil/Evil medley, followed by Faint of Hearts and Favor House.

Also, I've noticed a new trend. I hope it's English-specific because it's cool a fuck, but the fans chant the Keeping the Blade music (like..."whoa-WHOA-OH-OH, OH-OH, OH-WHOOa-ohhh-a-oh"), almost like a football chant, I have a video I'll upload when I get home.

Best thing about the gigs is how Claudio's come out of his shell, he actually hams it up a bit now and gets the crowd into it a little (like they need much help anyway :P). Whereas before it sometimes seemed like it was a massive chore that required their utmost concentration, they seem far more relaxed and happy, it's quality and it's made me get right back into the music as I'd admittedly not being listening to them a great deal in recent months.

I smell a return of the biro sigs. And if you don't know what that means, you're so not old-school EWB.

Coheed and Cambria are the greatest band ever, and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong, or should at least not say so within my earshot. IKSOSE was by far the best night, worked out well them finishing the tour with it. The Prize Fighter stuff that was promised for Claudio's acoustic support slot was good, although it was far less than we were lead to believe (1, maybe 2 songs). My only real complaint is that there should have been another support act each day, maybe do the Coheed members's slots just after the early opening for the VIPs, and then a "normal" support act for everyone else.

I can't even remember last night's encore, I know it was awesome because I ran straight back into the "pit".

Edited by Dragsy

I hate all of you for attending these

:(

It was just me and Keith as far as I know. If Summers went, I am very disappointed we didn't meet.

The closest to me was New York which is a 10+ hour drive :(

I'll at least buy the boxed set/dvd when it comes out and can pretend I was there.

From what I've read, the DVD will feature the live sets from New York, and footage from the other cities will make up a tour documentary. Which will likely include me and Keith being blinded by a cameraman whilst sporting Public Enemy and A Wilhelm Scream t-shirts in a queue behind a guy trying his level best to look like Brian Fallon from Gaslight Anthem.

From what I've read, the DVD will feature the live sets from New York, and footage from the other cities will make up a tour documentary. Which will likely include me and Keith being blinded by a cameraman whilst sporting Public Enemy and A Wilhelm Scream t-shirts in a queue behind a guy trying his level best to look like Brian Fallon from Gaslight Anthem.

Where's my gwop foo'

>_>

Also I feel I should point out that overall the week was awesome, and that any distaste I expressed about the tour is down to the movement of events which was out of the bands control.

I'll definately pick up the DVD.

My own complaint at the end of it though, is that it's all well and good selling early entry tickets, but you need to give us something to do while we're in there. Why let us in an hour early, if, during that hour, we're just twiddling our thumbs.

Definately needed an extra support act, even if it was just some local talent prattling around on stage for half hour.