Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Download it now if you haven't already (at least it's available in the UK Playstation Store) and it's brilliance. Love the weight of it, love how characters grasp at anything near them as you force lift them and fling them into a chasm.

Love how I grabbed a Tie Fighter, love how I threw a cannister at a passing Tie Fighter and it exploded pleasingly.

It's brilliant, can't wait.

Like I said in the XBox Mega Thread, the demo was really fun. This won't be the best or one of the best Star Wars games like some were hyping it up to be, but it's still good and a must play for any Star Wars fan.

I liked bending the steel support beams into the TIE Fighter's flight path.

Edited by abundant

The demo was awesome fun, I'll be adding this to the ever growing list of games that are far too fucking close to each other soon.

Although I never managed to hit one of those flying tie fighters with anything, it was still fun >_>

One of my favourite parts was when you make it out onto a walkway with TIE fighters flying around. There was a little robot thing on the ground I was trying to grab but due to the slightly sloppy targetting system I ended up grabbing one of the support beams. However, this worked out well. When I was moving it around, a TIE fighter whizzed by and clipped the beam, KABOOM! Awesome stuff.

I believe XBL generally make high-profile demos available on Gold only for a few days/a week before opening it up for anyone to download it (I know they did this for Civ Rev). It's just to let Gold subscribers feel like their money isn't being wasted, or something. >_>

Edited by stokeriño

• 4 weeks later...
I bought the game and have played it quite a bit. It's a little glitchy in places and the levels seem a bit repetitive. Fun for a first play through but I'll definitely be getting rid of it after I beat it.

BLASPHMY!

I ain't sayin the game is the greatest game ever or anything, as it has quite a few problems, but its just great solid fun. I can't stop playing it... don't let the fact that I follow Star Wars religiously have any part in that statement.

Seriously though, I really wish the damn Force Grab targeting system was better. Pulling down a Star Destroyer and then having to worry about 5 wings of TIE Fighters coming at me to blow me to hell was a bitch. I just ended up pressing the Right Trigger over and over again and had much more success at that than actually trying to aim at them when they flew by.

I agree with JairusCain, some parts can be fun if you're a Star Wars fan, but overall the game isn't that great. I beat the game in three days and the majority of my deaths came from falling into bottomless pits due to the horrible camera and shit platforming sections + the clunky controls or dieing in battle because the goddamn targeting system decided the a random floating piece of spacejunk was more important then the asshole attacking me. The story is easily the best part about this game though. It ties into A New Hope wonderfully.

Seriously though, I really wish the damn Force Grab targeting system was better. Pulling down a Star Destroyer and then having to worry about 5 wings of TIE Fighters coming at me to blow me to hell was a bitch. I just ended up pressing the Right Trigger over and over again and had much more success at that than actually trying to aim at them when they flew by

Press and hold the R1 (PS3, I assume its Right Bumper) to target the ships as they fly by (I find this easier at the far left or far right, when the box appears press and hold the trigger / bumper button) Now when they get back in range you can just grab them and fling them at another ship.

I did this for a while until I got the hang of the sweet spot that they become targetable and then just lightning each one as they fly past.

"+ the clunky controls or dieing in battle because the goddamn targeting system decided the a random floating piece of spacejunk was more important then the asshole attacking me. "

R1 fixes that, causes you to lock your target so you don't switch mid combat. Edited by BiggN

I really like the game. It's not perfect in any way. The camera angles and the fact your character seems to weigh more than a planet can ruin it for many players. A lot of new Star Wars padding though, adding more the the universe. Still kind of pissed at the ending though (light side):

Force Explosion? GAY. And why the hell wasn't there much damage? The Emperor no-sold it like a fucker! I was hoping for a Gray Jedi 'exile' sort of ending with Juno, leaving it open for further projects featuring Starkiller.

But otherwise, great characters (Proxy is awesome) and it really binds Episode 3 to Episode 4, which they really tried to do in Episodes 2 & 3 but just didn't have enough time to fit in. I really liked how they revealed how the Rebel Alliance was founded, I sat with a goofy smile for about three minutes.