Official La Liga Thread

Baddar

Neither does Phil Bardsley. They're like two very beautiful peas in a pod if you ask me.

Got to say I think Real Madrid look so much better when they have Mesut Ozil on the pitch, he brings a more calming influence to the team and I think they just perform better with him in the team than they do with Kaka playing that role. He has great vision and always seems to be involved in creating opportunities. Will be key to Germany's Euro 2012 assault - but I think that much was already known.

Edited by IAceI

Well hopefully Barcelona can come back and win it so it allows for a more entertaining run in for the title, but Barcelona look like they might struggle to break down a defensive team for two matches in a row now. Alves is essentially playing right forward, Messi through the middle and Tello on the left to provide massive width. Then with Xavi and Iniesta doing their normal thing. With Alves so far up, and Puyol on Ronaldo-watch, it means Busquets and Macherano are playing centre back basically so it's a little fragile.

That goal was pretty poor to concede too. Not sure if Puyol was trying to shield it for Valdes or he just didn't get his foot thought it but either way he could maybe have done a bit more - plus Valdes ended up running around in a bit of a circle as he didn't know whether to come for the corner or not. Shows Barcelona's weakness in defending set pieces.

I haven't watched Spanish football for a long time and its good to see that the diving and play acting is still alive and well.

That's the one thing English football has over Spain, you'd never see that sort of thing in the Premier League.

Ashley-Young1.jpg

<_<

I'd comment about diving and foreigners/Englishmen but someone may come in and make a snide remark at me like usual. :rolleyes:

It was an intriguing match for the most part, Barcelona - like against Chelsea - couldn't find their way through 10 outfield defenders and were susceptible to counter attacks and set pieces like they often are. Think that is their first back to back defeat since 2009 as well (Mallorca and Osasuna I believe), and only the third time it has happened under Pep. Looks like Spain's title race is officially over. Don't worry though, France and Italy are still quite exciting - unless PSG slip up and let Montpellier keep their margin.

The match was alright though until about the 70 minute mark. That's when the play acting and time wasting got really overboard. I'll be back around 3pm tomorrow to blather on about Athletic Bilbao - probably get beat off Racing too. :-\

Edited by IAceI

I assume Jonas scored it? Because Jonas doesn't pass :shifty:

Athletic Club beat Racing Santander earlier 1-0 with an early goal from Toquero. Llorente came off the bench and Muniain was left out entirely. And it was really, really shite. As you were..

I read Jonas then got knocked unconscious by a ball to the back of the head?

Turned it on after Juventus had finished bending over Roma, looks a bit placid mind, seems Valencia just want to get the win and 1-0 will do just fine. Wonder who will be their manager next season as well, return for Benitez perhaps? :o