Official La Liga Thread

Baddar

Jonas, I think it is, is unconscious on the floor. He blocked a free kick with his head and just dropped to the floor.

He's sitting up now.

I read Jonas then got knocked unconscious by a ball to the back of the head?

Turned it on after Juventus had finished bending over Roma, looks a bit placid mind, seems Valencia just want to get the win and 1-0 will do just fine. Wonder who will be their manager next season as well, return for Benitez perhaps? :o

Check above, I posted when it happened. He was the lone man near the free kick from out side. He jumped up to block it. Caught him on the side/back of the head and he was out. Jelly legged on the way down and KO'd. They were slapping him to wake him up.

2 - 0 now. Feghouli with a lovely finish. Rami had a header ruled out, too. Betis had a men sent off, last man.

Hadn't thought much about it, I'd love Rafa to come back to Mestalla.

Ah, I hadn't seen your post as I was replying when you posted it so missed it. Good to know he's alright. Saw the last man decision - wasn't Feghouli a little bit offside at the initial movement? Only half watching so not sure but glanced up and it looked like Feghouli may have been slightly off. Good to see Feghouli providing a bit more, after he left Grenoble Foot 38 I was unsure he was ever good to step it up to the right level but it looks like he's playing well in recent weeks. Lovely ball in from Sergio Canales too.

Also interesting is where does Emery go next, he'll probably get Valencia third again and it seems he and the club have just ran their course and have fell out with each other but if he stays domestic then it's going to be a bit of a backwards step, and also interesting who Valencia do choose to bring in. Given this league can be a managerial merry go round a lot of the time it would be difficult to even guess. Unless they took a punt on someone like Juan Ignacio Martinez/JIM from Levante who has overachieved with a club this season. Nee idea for the most part.

Ah, I hadn't seen your post as I was replying when you posted it so missed it. Good to know he's alright. Saw the last man decision - wasn't Feghouli a little bit offside at the initial movement? Only half watching so not sure but glanced up and it looked like Feghouli may have been slightly off. Good to see Feghouli providing a bit more, after he left Grenoble Foot 38 I was unsure he was ever good to step it up to the right level but it looks like he's playing well in recent weeks. Lovely ball in from Sergio Canales too.

Also interesting is where does Emery go next, he'll probably get Valencia third again and it seems he and the club have just ran their course and have fell out with each other but if he stays domestic then it's going to be a bit of a backwards step, and also interesting who Valencia do choose to bring in. Given this league can be a managerial merry go round a lot of the time it would be difficult to even guess. Unless they took a punt on someone like Juan Ignacio Martinez/JIM from Levante who has overachieved with a club this season. Nee idea for the most part.

The first angle they showed he looked offside, and I thought it was harsh. But they showed a second angle and it looks like the opposite fullback had just played him on and the linesman got it right. The red was harsh eitherway.. there were covering defenders and I didn't see a very clear touch eitherway to be honest.

I agree on Feghouli though. Need to see him do more, really.

I'd, personally, like to see Emery come to Villa. :shifty: But yeah, if he stays in Spain it's a step backward whichever club he goes to. Valencia need someone to get them to the next level again. Not sure going for someone such as JIM will pay off in this situation. Rafa coming in could be what the club need, to be honest. Emery has done a great job, I think, and he's got the club finishing in the CL regularly and hopefully now ready to step up and challenge Madrid and Barca. The right man is needed if that is to happen.

Wouldn't be surprised if Guardiola goes, that Barca look for Luis Enrique to get the job. Considering he was Barca B manager before he got the Roma job.

Disagree totally with Matt.

And he'll have some time out, can't see him taking charge of Chelsea or England. He'll have some time out of the game and then come back at a later date, possibly in England but not sure. Don't think he'll dive straight into another job though.

So - who takes over at Barcelona?