Official La Liga Thread

Baddar

See half time too? Bet365 latest odds was Fabregas to score next at 8/1. One of my mates had been keeping count of it and he said the last 20 times he'd seen big Ray give the odds at half time, it had come in 16 times. Wish I'd had the balls to go for it this time (not that I have a 365 account :shifty: ) instead it looks like I'm in for a hefty money loss today after losing, and then trying to salvage it and losing that too. Been a bad week by all accounts on my end.

Take nothing away from Valencia though, Emery has got his tactics spot on and has probably suffered more to his team tiring than anything else. They are still defending well, playing Barca offside (just most of the time) and keeping compact at the back.

I'm a bit miffed too because Rami should have gone early in the first half. Just after the first equaliser, he brought down Messi in the box, it was a penalty and probably another yellow so he should have walked. I'm only miffed from a money point of view, in terms of football the game was great to watch.

Going to have to sit tight for a bit I guess and see why Alba got sent off because I have no idea either. Normally when you can't figure out why it's something like dissent, but since the assistant appears to have flagged it and called for his sending off you can't see it being that.

EDIT: Bah, if they said why I missed it. Had to leave the laptop for a minute. Anything said?

Edited by IAceI

• 2 weeks later...

Nail biting stuff from the Malaga game, a yellow card for diving from what should've been a penalty, a Getafe goal what should've been a handball, and then a Baptista overhead kick winner in the 92nd minute. wub.gif

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duGuAUECMIA

EDIT 2: And RVN scored his first competitive Malaga goal.

• Admin
Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has been banned for two matches for jabbing his finger into the eye of Barcelona's assistant coach.

The Spanish football federation has suspended Mourinho for an incident that occurred towards the end of the Supercopa match between the sides.

Barcelona assistant Tito Vilanova was banned for one match for slapping Mourinho during a brawl.

Three players were sent off in the tie, won 3-2 by Barcelona, on 17 August.

Madrid duo Marcelo and Mezut Ozil and Barca's David Villa were dismissed as the Catalan side won 3-2 to take the trophy 5-4 on aggregate.

As players scrapped on the field, television pictures showed former Chelsea manager Mourinho walking over to Vilanova, manager Pep Guardiola's assistant, and poking him in the eye.

Mourinho later issued a letter apologising for his behaviour, but only to Madrid supporters.

Barcelona said immediately after the game that they would not report Mourinho, but the Spanish federation intervened.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
1453 FOOTBALL:: Barcelona President Sandro Rosell says he wants the Spanish league to cut its size from 20 clubs to 16 and limit the spending of wealthy foreign owners. Rosell also added that Barcelona and Real Madrid, which dominate the La Liga, also understand they must help their opponents through fairer television rights deals.

Funny, that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll have the game on in the background - it should be fun, but I'd take a boring Man Utd-Chelsea game over a Real-Barca one which is full of diving and stoppages any day of the week. Let's hope we're talking about the game afterwards and not something Mourinho did, or how much of a twat Sergio Busquets is. And Dani Alves, for that matter.