Wasted potential

probablyoliver

And Ollie...Yeti!!! I downloaded that album purely on name, and then found out it was ex-'tines. Great release.

There's a couple of old Libertines demos on that album. I can't remember which ones though. It'll come to me...

Is that out yet or are you lot 'procuring' it as usual? Does it have Never Lose Your Sense of Wonder on it? I heard that soon after the Libs split and heard nothing after. My brother saw them at Middlesbrough Music Live and he got in a huff when someone through a cardboard cup at him...

Interestingly, Petes solo tour takes in Boro next month and DPTs play 2 days after. I'd say coincidence but last time Pete did a low key solo show in the Boro was the start of 2004 and turned out to be a full blown Libs gig around the time the split rumours started and not long before they actually did. You never know...

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but YETI released an album early last year that only saw an official Japanese release, because everybody was too busy fapping over Pete and Carl to really care about the other two after the Libs split. The actual name of the album escapes me right now, but it was a fantastic record, it was just full on pop elegance, sounded world's apart from anything the Libs had ever done.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Ollie...Yeti!!! I downloaded that album purely on name, and then found out it was ex-'tines. Great release.

There's a couple of old Libertines demos on that album. I can't remember which ones though. It'll come to me...

Is that out yet or are you lot 'procuring' it as usual? Does it have Never Lose Your Sense of Wonder on it? I heard that soon after the Libs split and heard nothing after. My brother saw them at Middlesbrough Music Live and he got in a huff when someone through a cardboard cup at him...

Interestingly, Petes solo tour takes in Boro next month and DPTs play 2 days after. I'd say coincidence but last time Pete did a low key solo show in the Boro was the start of 2004 and turned out to be a full blown Libs gig around the time the split rumours started and not long before they actually did. You never know...

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but YETI released an album early last year that only saw an official Japanese release, because everybody was too busy fapping over Pete and Carl to really care about the other two after the Libs split. The actual name of the album escapes me right now, but it was a fantastic record, it was just full on pop elegance, sounded world's apart from anything the Libs had ever done.

You mean there was more than two guys in The Libs? That's like telling me there's more members of Oasis than the Gallaghers and more members of Blur than Damon and Graham.

Fuck that. Gary Powell is awesome, don't be throwing him in the shade over Barat and Doherty. You don't want to do that <_<

You can't have a Libertines or DPTs gig without the obligitary Gary chant.

It's a shame Yeti took so long to get a proper release for their album here, seems like a lot of momentum was lost what with them having the same few core tunes year after year. I've seen them live a couple of times and think they're great. As much as I miss The Libertines (although don't wish for a return), I think it worked out well for John. He's a great bass player, but it's a shame to limit him to just that as he's a good song-writer too.

Sister Sister was one of the songs Yeti did that was originally put out on the Legs 11 session I think. I remember originally not being aware John sang it. Pete's singing voice back then wasn't too dissimilar to John's now.

To use a wrestling term, I don't know how Comes With The Fall aren't more over. "Beyond The Last Light" is a great album.

Probably because they are nothing remarkable :shifty:

To actually add something I am gonna say Mars Volta, loved the first album, liked the second, then afterwards i got so apathetic towards them as I felt they had no real direction with their sound, the same holds for their solo releases as well, I feel sometimes they are just playing wanky guitar parts fro the sake of playing wanky guitar parts.

Edited by Dr Chim Rich__alds

Nerf Herder :shifty:

Hell yes. ¬_¬ How many other bands do you know that can build a career on a two minute instrumental? :P

Were they the guys who did the Buffy theme?

Them and They Might Be Giant's Malcolm In The Middle Theme has to be a glory time for themes, up with the times of The Raccoons and The Poddington Peas.