Wasted potential

probablyoliver

I wouldn't put Babyshambles down as wasted potential. I really liked the first album, though I do realise some people didn't. Nevertheless, the second album was a far more solid, professional effort, so I'd say their potential hasn't been wasted as they have improved from the first album to the second. Not to mention that every song on The Blinding EP is fantastic,

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one. Hell Is For Heroes. AMAZING debut in the form of "Neon Handshake", were proper pimped in the UK alt-rock market. For whatever reason got dropped from their label, a bunch of other shit happened, eventually released the 2nd album, it was a pile of shite. Dissapeared off the face of the earth. Released a third, self-titled album to absolutely ZERO response (I found it by accident...I have still yet to find a review of it), which was pretty fucking great, but it went completely unnoticed, even by fans. Then they split (but may be getting back together...I don't know).

QFE

Going all the way back to the band Symposium i have thought that William McGonagle's stuff has been pretty great, especially the first HIFH's album was a scorcher, the second was average in my opinion before the recent self-titled third effort in 2007 being an excellent effort despite the fact I have heard it only a couple of times it made me remember this band for what they are, fucking great, talented musicians who can put out "big" sounding songs.

I also partially agree with Reuben, I was sure the band would get bigger and better and the just seem to have lost their fizzle and what made me like them in the beginnning, mind you they're not the first band I have found this with and doubt they will be the last...

After listening to The Mayfield Four's second album earlier today, I'm inclined to say them. By all accounts the first album is meant to be just as good if not better, and was praised by critics, just neither album caught on for some reason. I liked it very much. And some of you will also agree with me as they broke up to form Alter Bridge. :shifty: Although I do like them too.

I think Alter Bridge is one of few bands who have lived up to or are living up to there potential.

Of being a rubbish band... I think you are on to something there <_<.

A band I am gonna put out there is Hundred Reasons, I found Ideas Above Our Station to be a great album, some cracking singles and sing-a-longs, the follow up Shatterproof Is Not A Challenge was just so meh, then I heard nothing for ages and then I heard the third and fourth albums fairly recently and was very happy and suprised with the quality on offer, but just like Hell is for Heroes I just feel they have lost my interest as a band.

And prior to the Alchemy Indicies I had a bad feeling about Thrice following Vheissu, but the four recent volumes are an amazingly put together release and show how talented the band are through the diversity of song writing and sounds on offer.

It's because you all treat them like the fucking second coming of Jesus. Where, at best, they're a mediocre alt-rock band.

And Ollie...Yeti!!! I downloaded that album purely on name, and then found out it was ex-'tines. Great release.

And I love Andrew WK. He's doing a tour as a motivational speaker now. :shifty:

And whoever said Babyshambles can fucking die. "Down In Albion" is fucking awesome. "Shotter's Nation" is really fucking good too. And all the songs in their session work and EP's a top notch too. I don't know what else you can ask from a band.

And Ollie...Yeti!!! I downloaded that album purely on name, and then found out it was ex-'tines. Great release.

There's a couple of old Libertines demos on that album. I can't remember which ones though. It'll come to me...

Is that out yet or are you lot 'procuring' it as usual? Does it have Never Lose Your Sense of Wonder on it? I heard that soon after the Libs split and heard nothing after. My brother saw them at Middlesbrough Music Live and he got in a huff when someone through a cardboard cup at him...

Interestingly, Petes solo tour takes in Boro next month and DPTs play 2 days after. I'd say coincidence but last time Pete did a low key solo show in the Boro was the start of 2004 and turned out to be a full blown Libs gig around the time the split rumours started and not long before they actually did. You never know...

I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one that didn't like In Nothing We Trust. Cities on Fire, Blood, Bunny, Larkhall, Agony/Agatha and Deadly Lethal Ninja Assault were decent songs but they just weren't the Reuben I fell in love with.