Marvel and DC Animated Films/Television Shows

Benji

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've never been hugely into DC stuff apart from the movies/Arrow/Flash but my girlfriend got me to watch Batman: Under the Red Hood the other day and it was awesome.

I know I'm a little late to the party, but for the same reason I just started watching Young Justice. I'm only 3/4 episodes in but its pretty great so far :)

Under the Red Hood and Young Justice are the two best entry points, I'd say.

My suggestion would be to now watch Flashpoint Paradox, followed by Justice League: War.

The only other one I really enjoyed was Son of Batman, but a lot of people disliked that. I think it might have helped that I like the storyline and I'm a big Damien Wayne fan. I enjoyed Justice League: Doom well enough too.

Those are the main ones, anyway. I've always felt the rest of the DCAU isn't as strong as the ones listed. There are some with similar quality levels, but not liking the stories they're based on kind of sours me on them. (Dark Knight Returns, Year One) I also haven't seen a fair few of the earlier ones, like Public Enemies and Doomsday, so I can't comment on those.

Under the Red Hood and Young Justice are the two best entry points, I'd say.

My suggestion would be to now watch Flashpoint Paradox, followed by Justice League: War.

The only other one I really enjoyed was Son of Batman, but a lot of people disliked that. I think it might have helped that I like the storyline and I'm a big Damien Wayne fan. I enjoyed Justice League: Doom well enough too.

Those are the main ones, anyway. I've always felt the rest of the DCAU isn't as strong as the ones listed. There are some with similar quality levels, but not liking the stories they're based on kind of sours me on them. (Dark Knight Returns, Year One) I also haven't seen a fair few of the earlier ones, like Public Enemies and Doomsday, so I can't comment on those.

Thanks for the recommendations, good chance she probably has most of them on DVD so I'll find out. If not, I know which ones to track down first :(Y):

Edit: I've actually seen Dark Knight Returns a while ago, it was good but I found it kinda weird.

Dark Knight Returns is kinda' meh, actually. Part 1 was waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Part 2.

Best ones are JL: Flashpoint Paradox, JL: Doom, Batman: Assault on Arkham (Suicide Squad!), JL: The New Frontier (done old school style and it's really, really great the way they do it), JL: War (which you kinda' need to watch for the next one coming out next year), All-Star Superman and Batman: Year One. Assault on Arkham took me by surprise on how good it was, as did All-Star Superman, had no idea I would like that one. If you're looking for anything else Superman though the rest are all pretty mediocre, Superman/Doomsday had a really good fight sequence, though.

Everything else is fine, but nothing extraordinary. It's way better than anything DC have put out, with the obvious exception of TDK Trilogy.

• Like 1

Public Enemies and Doomsday are straight up animated versions of two stories from the previous Superman/Batman comic. They're even drawn in the same style. They cut out some details though.

I was watching Static Shock clips today andI think I found an issue in the old DCAU continuity.

future_static_s__static_shock__by_dlee12

These are both future Static in the Batman Beyond time with Terry as a Teenager. On the left is when Static went to the future and saw himself. On the right is when a couple JL members went and saw what was left of the JL. There looks to be a big age difference even though at most there would be only like 3 years since in both trips you see Terry with his teenage build.

Edited by Kirkland

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know there are a lot of Young Justice fans here...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/02/24/young-justiceteen-titan-go-cross-lets-get-serious-airs-thursday/

Here are the two preview clips DC has put out.

• 2 months later...

FYI, every episode of X-Men Evolution is available on Marvel's YouTube channel.

• Like 2