Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I worked it out in the end. I'd moved it to D instead of C. Gotta admit though after playing the game for a while, I don't like it. The skin is absolutely awful, I don't like the way it seems stretched. The 3D match engine is shocking and the 2D & 2D Classic don't seem right either. But the most annoying thing is that I can make people cut inside from the wings anymore with arrows :angry:

I do like the press interviews :)

I think your problem Silent Bob is that you're deleting the fake.lnc file from the original database rather than any updates you're using. So as A says, you want to find the folder with whatever update you're using (910, 920) and delete the files from there and putting that new one in. And I also just read your post clearly - it'll only take effect either at the start of a new game or when new squads are announced, it won't change straight away on a save game.

Anderson - yeah I didn't like the skin at first either, but it's grown on me. As for the arrows, they reworked them because apparently they weren't doing what the player thought they were doing in the first place. So now they represent forward runs just as you'd set it in individual player instructions. To tell someone to cut inside you want to change the team instructions to play narrower or go to individual player interaction and there may be something in there that tells him to do that.

That only works if you have the correct resolution, so it's unlikely it will work if you have a laptop for example. In those circumstances you can try this:

right click on the FM link on your desktop

then click properties

in the target box write this "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2005\fm2005.exe" -windowed -small_screen

apply the new settings

start the game

go the game options

click the option to play in the windowed mode

Can someone tell me why my chairman feels the need to go over my head and accept a transfer offer for a player because it was 'too good to refuse', when the offer was around 15 million (player is valued at 13mil) and I'm the richest club on the planet? We don't need the money, we've got a bank balance of £200 million! Bizarre, and unbelievably annoying.

Just started up a proper journeyman game(Leagues from every continent loaded too!).

Found myself a job in the Swedish Fourth Division with Holvikens...engrossed in a relegation battle when I took over but with only 6 games to go I guided them to safety. Next season and I set my aspirations high and told the board I am going to win promotion, bought in some quality Asian and African players(North Korea and Reunion FTW.

Hopefully my career ends up with me managing a giant team like United or Madrid.

Grrr... I'll tell you what is annoying. The lack of good coaches on whichever update it is I'm playing in my City game. I'm on really shite form and I'm pretty sure it's because for some roles I can't get coaches with better ratings than 3 or 4 *s. That and my defence is shite.