Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

Fuck Brad Friedel. Ben Foster gets injured for a fortnight and now I have to deal with Friedel letting in the most ridiculous soft goals you ever did see. And not just a couple of them either - ELEVEN goals in the two games so far.

I hope Foster's fit again by the Carling Cup match against Chelsea. :(

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How is your new supercomputer handiling it? I trust it processes to the next day in a split second despite the fact you have every possible league selected?

You are correct, sir. I am so used to amusing myself with other things while playing FM (i.e. waiting for it to DO ANYTHING) that it's been quite an adjustment. I should also point out that I can play FM, listen to iTunes, download stuff, chat on MSN and browse online all at the same time. It's been...amazing. *wipes tear* I've already got Dundela back up to 3rd place with four games left (I'm 4 points behind Lurgan Celtic who are 1st)! It's bizarre playing at such speed.

I should also say didn't go all-out. I activated all British and Irish leagues, and I have the top leagues from all other playable nations active. I might start with ALL leagues active next time. I'm pretty sure it could take it.

Started a game as Australia, been doing quite well so far. Taking control of the first team, under 21s and under 23s (for Olympics) and I've only had one defeat so far (1-0 away to Croatia which is still not bad, considering our under 21s are pretty ordinary to say the least). Drew with Croatia 1-1 and beat South Africa 2-1 with the first team, and my under 23s are into the final at the Olympics, having drawn with Serbia 0-0, Argentina 1-1 (they had two players sent off and I only scored right at the end tbf, but their goal did come from a free kick. Valeri and Jedinak dominated Messi in centre midfield and forced him off with poor condition they bashed him up so much (H)) and then Ivory Coast 3-1 (they didn't have a proper keeper in the squad tbf, but they did also beat both Serbia and Argentina). I then beat the Dutch 1-0 in the quarters and the Ivory Coast again in the semi, 2-1 in extra time. Have Italy in the final which will be a bit harder, but I have faith :)

Mighty Bruce Djite, a striker with 8 for finishing and 10 for composure, has 5 goals in 5 games so far. Legend :D