King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3D match engine?

I was saying to my mate that I might not buy it if this feature is added. My thinking was that I'd probably need a super graphics card to use it (does anyone know if what graphical power you have would really affect it?), but now that I know you can still view in 2D if you want to, that's great.

Roll on November 14.

3D Match Engine is a brilliant idea. Interesting that they've completely changed the transfer code.

It is, because the 9.0.1 patch will no doubt have silly little fixes to it, because of stupid things happening as far as transfers go, even though the "new code" is intended to stop it.

Awesome, Virtua Striker is being used for the engine. I hope it retains the commentator going "GOOOAAALLLL!" everytime you score. That and scoring from the half way line from kick off. :D

I'll probably stick with 2D and maybe throw on 3D for a big game like a final or something.

Edited by King eLLis

Despite it looking awesome does anyone else agree that the speaker was possibly the worst choice guy to advertise the game? every second word was erm and his voice was irritating as hell

I remember the time when Miles Jacobson was just a dude who made a database editor for CM2.

...I think I just came.

The match engine is obviously going to be the big talking point (and they've done well to keep it under wraps for 3 years!), but everything mentioned just sounds amazing. Widescreen support will benefit those with laptops like me, and those little widgets you can add to hover over the top are pretty nifty - anyone know if those are just for the 3D match engine as shown in the video, or can you use those over the 2D engine too? Transfer rumours sound great, the teaching of preferred moves does too, and probably countless things I can't remember off the top of my head. Basically everything sounds great!

Although the one thing I'm a bit wary of is the press conferences. Not sure what it's like in FM08, but they always pissed me right off in FM07 as they seemed like you were just walking on eggshells the whole way and saying anything other than "no comment" was just going to upset one or more of your players. I mean, I've upset players to the point of them having to leave by saying one thing at one conference and upsetting them, then thinking "oh he doesn't like pressure, ok", so I reply the other way the next time and he's moaning that he doesn't get enough praise or whatever.

But it all sounds good, really good. I just hope I don't get addicted like I have before. Screw drugs or alcohol, this game is far more addictive than anything like that.

Screenshots are meant to be here but with the total bumrush on the SI site they're not loading (for me at least).

Did find these two on the forums.

Press conference

Press conference news item

Preferred moves

Match day 1

Match day 2

Match day 3

Match day 4

Match day 5

Match day 7

Transfer rumours

Trial day

Board confidence

I like the number of journalists present tally. With that particular one only have one guy there I get this image of a big room set out with lots of chairs but just one guy sat in the middle. :lol:

I can't wait for diaries on this. I predict we'll see a lot of bat shit crazy managers taking part in these press conferences.

"So, you're 19 years old, barely out of short pants and find yourself manager at Manchester United. Who exactly did you blackmail to find yourself in this position?"

"Go fuck yourself."

*Storms out*

Edited by King eLLis

The whole thing looked great I am really looking forward to the improvements to the media as really I start to get annoyed when every match its "X looks like they are gonn ahave a tough game against Y today" then you have a possible 5 answers, the increased depth is a good move.

To answer Scott Mcflys question the 2-D will be included and I am glad of that as I agree with Ellis that I will probs not use the 3-d model every match, however I don't thing the engine will take up too much ram, hell if it only looks as good as early ps2 FIFA and PES games I will be happy as larry I am looking forward to all the new dimensions added in to the game. roll on November as fas as I am concerned, this, the new PES and Force Unleashed are about the only games that are interesting me at the minute