Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

You've not fully experienced Football Manager until you've played the Champions League theme before a CL game.

I am so doing this from now on. And doing national anthems before international games. You made my day with this comment. :lol:

When else is music played before games? Cup finals?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who was the player who, for some reason, memorised the lyrics to the Champions League anthem so he could be the only one to sing them before a match? I think it might have been a Rangers player...

I don't know, but after hearing about that, I want to meet the guy. Legend.

EDIT: Who else has the CL theme on their MP3? Just me? Ok then. :blush:

Edited by Baddartov

Heard some Podcast thing they done and they unveiled some new features on it. Nothing major...

• Player match ratings now decimal, so a player can get 6.7 out of 10 as opposed to either a 6 or 7
  • Injury time goals show as 90+2 as opposed to 90
  • Some MLS stuff about drafts and trades. People who follow those leagues would understand it far better than I did

Heard some Podcast thing they done and they unveiled some new features on it. Nothing major...

• Player match ratings now decimal, so a player can get 6.7 out of 10 as opposed to either a 6 or 7
  • Injury time goals show as 90+2 as opposed to 90
  • Some MLS stuff about drafts and trades. People who follow those leagues would understand it far better than I did

Do you have a link, please? Would like to give it a listen.

Think you can only listen on ITunes. If you have it its on the iTunes store and search for Football Manager 2009. They do talk about the Internationals last week as well, and the Podcast is an hour long

By the way, just remembered other teams can take players on trial too. Again nothing too much

Edited by Jam

Another nice new feature mentioned that is also in the Football Manager Live Beta is a player position indicator next to a player's shirt icon in the tactics screen. Basically this is a coloured indicator that shows you how well a player plays in the position you've got him in. If it's a natural position it's a bright green (so a left winger could play DL, WBL or ML naturally perhaps), if it's a secondary position it'll be a darker green (so this left winger could play further up as an AML, but not as well), and then there's yellow, orange and red. A nice, quick way to see if everyone's playing where they should and if anyone's out of position.

My friend read the manual and apparently hard tackling doesn't mean he'll go harder into the tackle. Just that he'll make more of them. Nothing major, just thought I'd mention it.

I also read the manual and it says hard tackiling is a way to scare any players with low bravery.

The more you know.

I had no clue about that. Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...

More features announced;

1. Distance tracker- shows how much your player's have run and how hard are they working. (In kilometers or miles)

2. Improved team reports- Your assistant manager will prepare detailed team reports and will higlight the weakness in the squad and suggest player's you may buy to strengthen.

3. Changes in team Awards- overall history of team awards will be available.

4. More options while going on holidays regarding job applications( Top half, bottom half clubs etc...)

5. Player Ratings- players playing for less than 10 minutes on coming on as substitutues DO NOT get rated so that their average ratings do not go down.

6. Feeder Clubs- Once you have gained the trust of your Boardroom you can ask the board for a SPECIFIC feeder club/parent club!

7. Ability to Loan players will be improved. Specific details can be sent to clubs asking them to loan players.

8. Stadium Expansion will now begin at the END of a season so that the stadium with improved capacity is ready by the time the season kicks off.

9. In countries like Spain where clubs have their own "B" teams, these teams will not be regarded as feeder clubs anymore but shall be seen as affiliated clubs.

Might appear gay due to direct c+p from MSN.

And number 5 might just be my favourite.

Credit goes to "Bluebirds," who makes cameo appearances here on EWB now and then.

Edited by baddarboy

Woohoo! More improvements. I like the ability to hand-select feeder teams. I usually get good options, but I find it massively annoying when the board suggest three ridiculous options. I usually have to just decline because I know none of my players would be seen dead playing non-league.

I wonder if specific means suggesting which clubs? I mean specific could technically only just be asking for a Championship side or a club nearby when the sort of specific I'm after is whether I can choose Nottingham Forest or Brighton & Hove etc.

Also if you had the opinion to choose specific clubs it'd be awesome if a club approached your club asking to be linked.

I wonder if specific means suggesting which clubs? I mean specific could technically only just be asking for a Championship side or a club nearby when the sort of specific I'm after is whether I can choose Nottingham Forest or Brighton & Hove etc.

Also if you had the opinion to choose specific clubs it'd be awesome if a club approached your club asking to be linked.

You can ask for specific clubs if your status within the club is high enough, yes.

• 1 month later...

"The wait is almost over. The Football Manager 2009 demo for the PC and MAC is set for release later this week from the early hours of Sunday 2nd November. "

Just got an Email of Sega than saying the demo is available from midnight on Sunday 2nd November.

The Strawberry version got player pictures etc etc and quick start top leagues, Vanilla just got English and Scottish leagues and you gotta download that from News of the World website.

Can't wait!!!