Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

I have a run down on my site, but because I'm in a nice mood:

The videos have finally been released and you can find them on our forums or at the link below:

SI Games Youtube

Below are the features we have found within the videos:

Video 1:

There is a isometric 3d pitch view!!

The old 2d style view is still there, however it looks revamped

It looks like tactics have been given a graphical revamp, however it is not possible to tell at first glance whether they have been changed under the hood.

Video 2:

November 14th is the release date

Football Manager 2009 handheld:

You can now add multiple leagues during the game ie start with one and add a maximum of 3 more as you go along.

Two new skins - light and dark

Brand new 2d match engine - full match view (ala fm08 on pc) or a special zoomed in view

Football Manager 2009 pc:

Assistant Manager feedback - during the match the assistant will give you feedback on a players motivation and general feedback on tactics (whether they are working, how the opposition is exploiting the tactic etc)

Expanded media module - transfer rumours (made up and accurate) - PRESS CONFERANCES (before and after matches, when you first get the job, journalist relationships)

Training - ppms (manager can ask player to learn a ppm)

Can now play as a female manager

Board confidence - new areas added (squad harmony, club stature)

51 leagues and 350,000+ players and staff

Finances are now more correct based on the league

Widescreen support is added - no more small window 'cheat'

Transfer system has been totally revamped, the old code is gone - shortlists are now more efficient and accurate

The tactics changes will be talked about in a later blog

3d match engine is made using the Sega Japan virtua striker motion capture team

2d is still there and is optional

New time bar, taken from fml, which lets you rewind the match

New tv view which allows full screen viewing of the match, and you can choose widgets to display on it (ie latest scores etc)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To answer Scott Mcflys question the 2-D will be included and I am glad of that as I agree with Ellis that I will probs not use the 3-d model every match

I know the 2D will be included, I was wondering if you can use the widgets for player ratings, match stats etc. over the 2D as well as it was only shown over the 3D in the video.

EDIT: And the player ratings in tenths is something from Football Manager Live, it only shows like that in-game but when it stores and shows it as part of their form it rounds it up or down to the nearest whole number. A nice idea, but that means someone on a 6.6 and a 7.4 both end up with a 7 and obviously one is far better than the other.

Edited by Scott McFly

Well, I reckon messing around with it would be beneficial, and of course you need it to convert players positions (which I never fully got. If I had a player who could play say right back reasonably in his preferred positions part of his profile and I played him for a while at right back, wouldn't that be likely to help his development in that position more than training?)

There's always training schedules available to download anyway.

Whenever I used to use them they ended up quickly draining my players stats, don't know if it was a bug or what, but it was one of many reasons I stopped with the game, training just overcomplicated things for me, I'm a business manager, not a tracksuit manager :shifty:

Pfft, downloading training and tactics is cheating. [/thomas]

:lol: - I actually made sure the training I was downloading wasn't some sort of "cheat".

What I wouldn't do though is download a tactic. I'd much rather create my own and watch it work, rather than download one that "Steve" made and play the game the way he does.

Pfft, downloading training and tactics is cheating. [/thomas]

:lol: - I actually made sure the training I was downloading wasn't some sort of "cheat".

What I wouldn't do though is download a tactic. I'd much rather create my own and watch it work, rather than download one that "Steve" made and play the game the way he does.

Yeah, that's the fun for me, testing, tampering, seeing what works where and who works well together.

Buying and selling players and devising tactics is the big appeal for me. As it is most of us I guess.

Benji, when you reach a cup final do you wear a suit specially for the game? :shifty:

I always wear a suit, but for cup finals I pull out something special, I'm thinking something in a pinstripe suit :shifty:

The problem is, I know someone who did 2/3rd of that, and the SI board is full of that type. I remember a thread with stories like that. Someone had the national anthem play before kick-off with the england flag flying. :shifty:

EDIT - Benji, I recommend a Liverpool 1996 effort.

E28C2424-C673-ED21-42362A634547AB04.jpg

Edited by 9 to 5

Buying and selling players and devising tactics is the big appeal for me. As it is most of us I guess.

Benji, when you reach a cup final do you wear a suit specially for the game? :shifty:

You asked Benji but fuck it...

I don't. I spend most of the game thinking "I'm not gonna win this". I'd say around 90% of the time I'm right. :(