Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think so. There's probably scores of changes and many of them are so little you'd probably only appreciate them by playing the game itself. The SI Games forums are the place to check for such a thing I would imagine.

EDIT: 87%, Steam is flying for me so I'd recommend that.

Edited by Scott McFly

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Doesn't need to be exhaustive, I've just realized the only thing I know that's new for 09 is the 3D match engine, which doesn't mean much to me.

EDIT: But thanks Scott, I should have clued in that SI's site was a good idea. :)

Edited by Mr. Potato Head

you can find out your graphics card by going to control panel > device manager.

I have 256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO. does anyone know if thats good enough??

I started downloading torrent and its going around 50kb/s. it reached a high of 100 and something. so i downloaded and installed steam. took 5 minutes to install and is going at about 500kb/s. 20% done.

Edited by betterguy

I think most graphics cards should be good enough because the 3D graphics will be really basic.

Also, yeah, Steam is at 20% for me, and the speed is ever rising. My torrent (that I'm about to give up on now) has only got to 12% despite being running for about 10 minutes longer and the speed is getting slower all the time because some cunts aren't seeding!

you can find out your graphics card by going to control panel > device manager.

I have 256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO. does anyone know if thats good enough??

I started downloading torrent and its going around 50kb/s. it reached a high of 100 and something. so i downloaded and installed steam. took 5 minutes to install and is going at about 500kb/s. 20% done.

It needs to be better I'm afraid. :shifty:

Just started around a minute ago and it's going really fast, I think my peak was around 1MB/s on last glance

Naturally around the 90% mark it's going to slow to 2kb/s after everyone realises the demo's out <_<

1MB/S? Woah! What speed is your Internet? I thought I had a good connection and I'm getting 300+ kb/s.

Just started around a minute ago and it's going really fast, I think my peak was around 1MB/s on last glance

Naturally around the 90% mark it's going to slow to 2kb/s after everyone realises the demo's out <_<

1MB/S? Woah! What speed is your Internet? I thought I had a good connection and I'm getting 300+ kb/s.

My internet speed is 8MB yet I've never seen it go any higher than 1.1MB/s

and it seems to be averaging 700kb/s now, should be done in no time at all.

My internet speed is 8MB yet I've never seen it go any higher than 1.1MB/s

and it seems to be averaging 700kb/s now, should be done in no time at all.

That's about right. Your d/l speed is usually between 7 and 10 times less than your internet connection speed.

Played a game against my reserves. I have to be honest - I don't like the 3D match engine. If you have absolutely no imagination and need to see your players actually doing the actions, then I guess you'll like it. But the graphics are so basic and the animations are pretty crude. There's a new 2D view with some textures on it that looks like it'll be more my thing. The 3D might grow on me when I play some proper games with it, but first impressions are that there's far better gameplay improvements. I didn't play 2008, but I enjoyed the press conference that I got when I accepted the job if that's new.

EDIT: Widescreen support is very much appreciated.

EDIT 2: For those wondering, Joey Barton is listed as "unavailable for club football until 28.7.08" as well as having a 6 game ban.

EDIT 3: Most valuable players: Messi (35.5m), Kaka (34.5m), Ronaldo (34m), Robinho (32.5m), Buffon (31.5m).

EDIT 4: The big thing this year seems to be getting more feedback from everyone about everything to give a better rounded impression of how you're doing in the fictional gameworld.

And the arrows have now changed in the tactics to the Football Manager Live way - they represent forward runs (often for forward arrow, mixed for no arrow, rarely for back arrow). You can't do them diagonally.

EDIT 5: I'll assume everyone's playing the game. I'm off to bed. :P

Edited by Scott McFly

Am I the only one who can't get 3D to work? I just can't click it, it's selected to be on in my preferences, so I don't understand. Oh well, sure I'll figure it out tomorrow when I give the game a proper go.

Also, fuck off at Leeds having 100k budget and all the players being utterly shite (even by L1 standard) and Aiden White isn't even in the game.

How are Becchio, Delph and Howson rated on it? I reckon Howson will be highest rated of the three when should be Delph, although if they actually get Delphs position right this year its a step up.

To be fair White never signed a professional contract until start of September, so all stats may only be up til end of transfer window but rectified on release.

Whats the press conferences like? Strangley that seems to be the thing I'm most interested, and I don't want to download the demo as it'll only make me want the release even more