Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

I think just about everyone "talks" to their games, thats the appeal for me, going into another world where I can be whatever I want.

The compute I am currently on struggles to run FM09 so I purchased a laptop. Has anyone noticed how much they beefed up Marcos Senna's stats? he must be the best Defensive Mid in the game.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think just about everyone "talks" to their games, thats the appeal for me, going into another world where I can be whatever I want.

Oh no, I talk and shout at the game. I'm always telling the guy on the ball where to pass it and for my strikers to shoot. I do it for more games, like you say. I just don't get why people would randomly click the mouse everywhere, the sound of it would drive me nuts.

EDIT: And according to the FM HMV blog, they'll be releasing a patch for the demo soon once they're sure they've ironed out all the graphics card issues.

Edited by Scott McFly

That's good, cos Im still really psyched for this game, and Im one of those with the graphics card error.

On the subject of shouting at the screen or whatever, I also do that, but does anyone else do their own running commentary of games!? I do it all the time, and have no idea why.

:shifty:

:D

I guess SI wouldn't actually put swearwords into a game, huh? :(

Edit: Wait, does that mean you can enter your own text? I still haven't got round to installing the demo yet. >_>

Edited by stokeriño

Clearly no one paid attention to my awesome Joe Kinnear impression a few pages back. :shifty:

But yeah, when in a press conference you can put in your own text. I don't think the game understands what you're saying but it does remember it and may quote it back to you at a later date.

Although going by Baddar's screenshot it seems to recognise swear words as it said the manager launched into a stream of expletives and cursed.

But yeah, in a press conference you can pretty much add a comment at any stage either if you're answering a question or storming out. The text itself won't do anything gameplay wise, but is quite nice to read in a news report later.

Although going by Baddar's screenshot it seems to recognise swear words as it said the manager launched into a stream of expletives and cursed.

But yeah, in a press conference you can pretty much add a comment at any stage either if you're answering a question or storming out. The text itself won't do anything gameplay wise, but is quite nice to read in a news report later.

Well yes, there is that. I meant more in the sense that, say, before a match with Bolton you make a comment calling Fergie a fat Scottish windbag. Not sure if the game would have him reply to that.

Oh no, obviously not. You'd have to tick the option that insults him or whatever for the game to recognise you're doing so - the text itself doesn't make a difference. I was just mentioning they seem to have thought that people would use the custom text to swear and have it recognise those words. So there may be other keywords it's looking out for.

i like the additional comments i remember starting an Inter Milan game and they were asking what my tactics was and just said I ain't given my tactics away so teams know how i'm going to play and the journalist asked the same question and typing a bunch of swear words in

About the Joe F*ckin Kinnear impression you'd need like 49 f*cks in there lol to come close to him

Maaan, just when I thought "right, 2008 is going to be my last FM game", they come out with this :(

Loads of cool shit, and I haven't even got to an actual match to see the 3D engine yet. Especially loving the press conferences and the 'Loan Availability Report', among many, many other sweet goodies.