Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

I hate late equalizers.. especially when they almost always seem to come from teams like West Brom. -.-

And why the fuck doesn't anyone want to loan my players? Such as Rochina. Who is quite awesome btw if you need a striker.

Edited by Syrjis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate late equalizers.. especially when they almost always seem to come from teams like West Brom. -.-

And why the fuck doesn't anyone want to loan my players? Such as Rochina. Who is quite awesome btw if you need a striker.

It's one of those things I want to see fixed badly. At the start of a new game you can loan and sell the shittiest players but the further you get the harder it gets to loan out players even though they are awesome and would strengthen most sides under you.

Isn't the problem more because the player reputation for a regen is no-where as good as the reputation for a reserve player that was in the game? Which meant that no matter how good the player was, if no-one had heard of them, they won't want him.

I think the only fix was to get a feeder club and send them there until their reputation goes up... but most of my players already hit the reputation where they think they're better than feeder clubs. So they're stuck in reputation limbo where the only thing I can do is wait a bit until they're ready for my first-team squad.

Isn't the problem more because the player reputation for a regen is no-where as good as the reputation for a reserve player that was in the game? Which meant that no matter how good the player was, if no-one had heard of them, they won't want him.

I can get my regens (atleast most of them) loaned out, that's not the problem. The problem are the "almost good enough to start but not quite" -type of young-ish players who nobody wants to loan for some reason even though they would be better than their players.

And fuck Man Utd board. First they let me decide a feeder club and after few weeks of thinking about it, they decide it would be harmful for the club (was Eintracht Frankfurt from 2. Bundesliga) so they just cancel the link and I'll have to wait for 6 months (or so) before I can ask them again. And yet, I have some shitty feeder clubs who I can't even send players to (Newcastle Town etc.).

How many feeder clubs can you have anyways?

Getting transferlisted players also irks me. If you can't afford the asking price (or near it) don't bother sending me an offer! Cunts.

Also, I hate De Sanctis now (my backup gk). He's cost me couple of games with his piss-poor clearances from outside of the box when he goes after the ball and then "clears" the ball IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING PITCH and straight to the opposition , who then always sends the ball into the empty net when my players back off instead of going at him (closing down set to "Whole Pitch"). How hard it is to just kick it into the stands? And he's bitching about not getting enough first-team chances. I'll rather play Asenjo every game (unless the opponent is something shitty like Yeovil Town -.-), atleast he won't do things like that.

How the fuck do you win away from home.. Especially against lesser opponents.. Or atleast prevent them NOT coming back from two goals behind in four minutes in the last 10 minutes. Was leading against dead last Ipswich (how had 7 points in 28 games), 78. minutes to go they score. Ok, no problem there right? Think again. Four minutes later, they equalize because of guys playing like shit. Two guys going after one guy, closing down whole pitch and OI set to tackle the guy hard. And what do they? They play pocket billiard or some shit and let the guy cross inside the box and say hello to draw number 11!

Edited by Syrjis

Started a random game as Chelsea last night, with the intention of only buying English players. Hence:

Players Out

Claudio Pizarro (£4.1m, Aston Villa)

Ricardo Carvalho (£16m, Juventus)

For some reason Real Madrid always come knocking for Carvalho in FM09, and he therefore always immediately wants to leave. Juventus were willing to pay more though, and his absence will only mean Ivanovic gets more games - which is a good thing, because I mark for Ivanovic.

Players In

Daniel Sturridge (£10m, Manchester City)

David Beckham (£5m, LA Galaxy)

Yeah. I bought Beckham for a laugh.

First two results:

Chelsea 4 - 0 Portsmouth

Stoke City 1 - 1 Chelsea

Naturally, that was an 86th minute equaliser from Stoke, but that actually seems pretty realistic considering how they played at the Britannia Stadium last season, so I'll not begrudge the game engine for it. :shifty:

I've been tempted to start up a Chelsea game again. From what I remember, Jack Cork and someone else is good enough to go straight into the team as it is, and Mancienne becomes really good if you start playing him against weaker teams like early rounds of the FA Cup.

But I always used to cheat and buy Guardino (or however you spell the Mexican) ruining the future careers of any reserves who attack ¬_¬

Jack Cork? Really?

There aren't many in the reserves who I'd rate as being that good. Obviously Mancienne, and also di Santo tends to start the game in the reserves I think. There are a couple of other possibilities like Ben Sahar, but a lot of them start out on loan and I've generally bought better young players by the time they return. Even Kakuta (:shifty:) or players like Miroslav Stoch or Sam Hutchinson (who have played for the senior squad IRL) aren't at all impressive, stats-wise.

I'm sure it's Jack Cork who also plays as a defender, therefore allowing him to become a solid player through experience... without having to cripple your creative midfield. I remember playing as Real Madrid and jokingly making a bid for him, only for my assistant manager to pick him ahead of anyone else.

The only problem is that upon loading up my game I've just discovered he's at Watford with no chance of being recalled :(

The Chelsea youth team turns out decent. For me, Jack Cork was in the first team for England within a couple of years although he struggled to get into the team at Chelsea. I sold him for about £20 million or so. Kakuta I've sold for about £10 million before. Mancienne has never amounted to much for me though.

Oh and I was offered £28 million for Carvalho right at the start of my Chelsea game which I (stupidly) rejected. It took him about three seasons to lose his "wants a new challenge" thing.

Started up at Real Madrid for fun and in the first season I really made some poor decisions, I did bring in Karim Benzema as my "big" signing but after a great start he went on a huge goal drought(36 hours without a goal).

I also bought in Mamamdou Sakho,Tim Cahill and Naldo, I won the Champions League and Spanish Cup but I did piss poor in the league and barely managed to grab a Champions League spot on the last day.

With vast improvement needed(since I got lucky in the Champions League..getting easy draws until the final against Arsenal). I shipped out several players and then Valencia offered Silva and Villa to everyone. An enormous bidding war erupted and David Villa snubbed Manchester City and Inter to sign for Real...I missed out on Silva as he chose to go to United.

I wasn't done, with the Silva transfer done I noticed that Ronaldo had started to throw hissy fits at United and grown upset, I put in a 80 million bid plus several clauses and in he came

Top of the league now. My defense refuses to concede and Ronaldo has 8 goals in 11 games, looking good!

I got this player i want to sign. His contract endet, he is constantly refuseing to resign with his old club but still i cannot sign him on a free transfer. - He is in the ukrain at Vorskla Poltava. His Nationalety is Albanian.

I am with a 2ed league team in Germany.

Why would i pay 3 million on a player that has no contract? And why do i have to?