Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got this player i want to sign. His contract endet, he is constantly refuseing to resign with his old club but still i cannot sign him on a free transfer. - He is in the ukrain at Vorskla Poltava. His Nationalety is Albanian.

I am with a 2ed league team in Germany.

Why would i pay 3 million on a player that has no contract? And why do i have to?

If he's under 24 years of age and his contract is running out and you'll want to sign him, you'll have to pay compensation to his team. There should a mention about it (on the offer screen) when you offer him a contract.

Christ, it's been so long since I played this game (as opposed to FM08), that I forgot how fucking retarded players can be when the try to cross the ball.

Oh yes, and all the usual complaints about away matches being fucking ridiculous as well.

Ono, I've got a game where I'm in 2018 but I'm curious about how your game has gone. Any surprise champions/champions league/europa league winners or participants?

Leeds were in the Champions League final two years in a row, but got relegated the year after their last appearance.

Cardiff won the Premiership in 2016.

Porto and Valencia only really surprise packages winning the Champions League. My Newcastle side has won it 4 times, including 3 in a row.

Leverkusen got back into the CL and made a final appearance. Zaragoza are a top European side with one appearance two years ago.

Spurs won the Uefa Cup in 2015. Cardiff in 2018. Getafe 2020 and 2023. Charlton made the final in 2022 but were beaten by Chelsea.

I got this player i want to sign. His contract endet, he is constantly refuseing to resign with his old club but still i cannot sign him on a free transfer. - He is in the ukrain at Vorskla Poltava. His Nationalety is Albanian.

I am with a 2ed league team in Germany.

Why would i pay 3 million on a player that has no contract? And why do i have to?

If he's under 24 years of age and his contract is running out and you'll want to sign him, you'll have to pay compensation to his team. There should a mention about it (on the offer screen) when you offer him a contract.

I can´t offer him a contract without "buying" him first.

Since getting my new laptop I've pretty much done nothing except playing FM. Got a nice wee Hull City game going. First season finished 12th, second season finished 17th, third season finished 18th and got relegated. Now sitting top of the Championship after 13 games so look on course to return to the Premiership.

Right yeah im beginning to get really fucked off with the home advantage in this game, this is my teams home and away records so far after 17 games

Home: Played 8, Won 8, Drawn 0, Lost 0

Away: Played 9, Won 1, Drawn 4, Lost 4

Its just absolutely impossible to win away from home, anyone got any suggestions to improve it even just a bit?

My away record last year was 8-4-7 with a home record of 13-2-4. Ended up 6th with that (would've got 3rd with the same amount of points the year before <_<). Year before that was 5-5-9 with a home record of 12-5-2, and the year before that was 5-6-8 with a home record of 10-6-3. Had the best away record in 2015/16 with 11-4-4 (home record was the same), and the two years after that were similar (H)

So it's just your tactics really >_>

Yeah I haven't found this away from home thing at all. I lose away from home because I was Hull and wasn't expecting to win away from home in the Premiership. My one season in the Championship though I was fine. Home record was 23 wins, 0 draws and 0 losses. Away form was 13 wins, 7 draws and 3 losses (to Burnley who finished 6th, QPR who were 3rd and Watford who were 4th).

Ugh. Still can't buy a win away from home. Lost to Hull 2-0. Ljajic got sent off at 56. min, Hull used the corner cheat with Mattock in the 71. min and my CB played piss poor on the second goal.

Atleast I'm not giving away a shit amount of long shots anymore! Fiddled around with the mentality settings so yeah.

PS. Does anyone have a good new update after the transfer market? FMWeegie is down.