WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

JoeMimic

The presentation of the game looks incredibly well done. That Rumble was much better than anything I've seen in ANY Smackdown game.

Yeah, it's definitely the most realistic rumble match I've ever seen. I love the minor details put into it as well. For example Howard Finkel announces "It's now time for the royal rumble match". I also love the close ups on some of the wrestlers when they are eliminated from the ring. Little details like that add realism to the game. Looking forward to the weekend. :w00t:

EDIT~ This screenshot is just awesome!

Edited by destroyed

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome that Rumble, but could do without the thousands of eliminations by kick.

I've always wanted them to find a way to implement some of the little quirks of the Rumble. Everybody ganging up on the monster, or some superstar running in and hitting his finisher on everyone. Would be awesome if someone of a certain level was given a random "hot streak" which allows them like ten-fifteen seconds of carnage.

Looks awesome that Rumble, but could do without the thousands of eliminations by kick.

I've always wanted them to find a way to implement some of the little quirks of the Rumble. Everybody ganging up on the monster, or some superstar running in and hitting his finisher on everyone. Would be awesome if someone of a certain level was given a random "hot streak" which allows them like ten-fifteen seconds of carnage.

I think that could of really been worked into this game actually, shame it isn't. They've got the little chain linking of pressing buttons to do certain things in matches, so why not do the same in the Rumble? Certain guy enters, comes charging in and has the hot streak like you mentioned. Then you simply have to press the buttons correctly to clear house on the entire ring, hit a finisher or two or something and so on. Shame they haven't worked a little something like that into this.

I've always hated that part of the SD Rumble's. They've had years to really advance on it and I cant believe they haven't thrown things like this into there.

I'd like them to go back to having 8 players in the ring at one time too. A more realistic Rumble experience and we've got the 8-man MITB matches in real life now so it would be good. What was the reason for them reducing it back to six anyway? I thought of the hud being too big but surely there's ways to limit the size of those.

I don't remember any THQ games with more than six people in the ring at once? I'm sure the reason they don't do it now is to avoid slowdown since polygon counts keep getting higher or some other technical limitation I'm not smart enough to know. Or they're just lazy... which is a hallmark of THQ/Yukes wrestling game development.

I'd hope that 8 is something they'd work on for the next addition of the game this year.

Actually I'm still wondering if they'll one day manage to work a way around having the Rumble match for online, although having 30 people in an online match like that could cause all sorts of mayhem and havoc, so I cant see it happening any time soon.

One game had8, but all those people in the ring slowed game play down noticeably. For me at least. With todays games having better graphics, I cant see 8 people onscreen NOT slowing game play down still.

Six... Eight... Not that big of a difference. Id rather have less with faster gameplay than more with slow game play.

Suhweet, just picked it up today as some stores here are selling it early. :D

Edit: Well, seems with importing Smackdown wrestlers you're more so unlocking them. They're already on the disc, you just have to have a save from the game on your hard drive.

Edited by The Notorious J.O.H.N.

Now I have a better feel for the controls, I'm enjoying it much more. I could do without GIANT QTE ICON FLASHYTIME VARIETY HOUR, especially seeing as they've clearly gone to a lot of effort to make the game look authentic, but it's a minor gripe. Lots of fun, and I love watching the videos and then recreating the matches, good stuff. Also, it's nice just to have a change of pace from Smackdown, although a greater variety in the movesets, or I guess greater control over what moves you do would be nice.

For those who haven't kept up with watching the videos:

Match Types:

Single

Steel Cage

Ladder

Hell in a Cell

Ironman

Submission

Tag Team

Triple Threat

Battle Royal

Handicap

Royal Rumble

Tag Teams:

Bret/Bulldog

Shiek/Volkoff

Megamaniacs

4 Horsemen

Duggan/Slaughter

Koko/JYD

Heenan Family (Perfect/Rude)

DX

Dream Team

Rhythm & Blues

Hart Foundation

Road Warriors (not named LOD)

Open Slots to create your own.

Released here today and I rented it... it's alright.

There's a real lack of the Relive matches...you get through them waaaay too quickly and then the only thing left to do is Legend Killer mode with your forcibly sub-par legend. For finishing moves you can select...the finishers of the other legends... >_<

So if you create say Diesel... no powerbomb... Razor Ramon... no Razor's Edge (and they actually have his attire in game)... Its a bit shitty, really.

I'm real glad I didn't buy it, I would've been really pissed off if I did.

I enjoy the controls and arcadey feel to it, its quite fun but yeah... really lacking.

There's a real lack of the Relive matches...you get through them waaaay too quickly and then the only thing left to do is Legend Killer mode with your forcibly sub-par legend. For finishing moves you can select...the finishers of the other legends... >_<

So if you create say Diesel... no powerbomb... Razor Ramon... no Razor's Edge (and they actually have his attire in game)... Its a bit shitty, really.

I enjoy the controls and arcadey feel to it, its quite fun but yeah... really lacking.

How's importing of SvR superstars been done?

I've just had a quick blast. It's like the demo, but slightly more polished gameplay. Quicktime presses for finishers can be a bit annoying, but aren't bad.

Rumbles are a mixed bag, but are comfortably better than on Smackdown, as the added thought into the new features really help. They are let down by a VERY poor Irish whip system (9/10 times it'll shove them rather than whip which isn't useful at all) and by the elimination of grapples from that mode for no reason at all. Also, sometimes when the you get thrown onto the ropes, or throw someone onto them, rather than the struggle system, the game randomly decides on a quicktime event, which is both pointless and hard as the CPU never fails them in this mode. It does occasionally feel like you'll survive or not on the whim of the CPU, which is annoying, but the new touches to the mode and the slower emptying meter elevate it miles about the SD versions.

Also, not having 6 man tags when the game supports 6 on screen is a mild annoyance for me, but thats just cos I love me some 6 man tags.

Basically, it's as expected. Shallow, slightly flawed and with a few gameplay traits that need sorting out, but with a lot of "pick-up-and-play ability", some good ideas, excellent presentation, and an awesome roster.

Does anyone fail to see how this can be a yearly franchise though? They can add new matches and legends one or maybe twice sure, but that's it. And, where can career mode go, we can't relive the same classic mania moments for ever. The only way would be to disregard "Wrestlemania" classic moments, and just do a general WWF/E classic moments career mode. Anyway, just a thought.

Edited by timmidian

How's importing of SvR superstars been done?

(This is on 360 mind you) You just need a SvR09 save on your console and then you hit the import button on the menu screen and they are unlocked. There are a few exceptions for released people (like Paul London, yet oddly not Snitsky or Boogeyman).

I tried a Rumble today...it was fun...to watch...kinda. It seems like if you start off at #1 or 2 you have no chance in hell... the computer's ring out bars go down waaaay slower than your's and yeah its a bit of a gip. It was better than SvR's, though.

What is slighly annoying is it seems that the reverse/counter button works when it wants too, and because one button does a lot of stuff half the time it doesn't do what you want.

I did the first three re-write challenges. Hogan vs. Bundy was fairly simple, and I fucking squashed Andre as Hogan in little over a minute. Playing as Warrior vs. Hogan was slighly harder, I lost the first time, and when I won the second, I didn't earn enough points to get a medal.