F/X TV Shows The Thread

Vendetta

Honestly, the only F/X show I care about is Always Sunny. I don't know why I didn't start watching it sooner. One of my roommates borrowed the first and second season on DVD and we were hooked, just in time for the first season. Unfortunately, we've completely missed Season 3. I'm sure we'll catch up on it, though.

Plus, if someone can get me an animated gif of the two turds rolling together and being struck by lightning to become one so I can use it as my avatar, I'll love you forever.

Motherfuck, that episode of The Shield was intense. I was literally shaking once Shane took off... however they end this, it's going to be huge.

I'm thinking Vic kills Shane. At this point, it has to happen. However, I can also see Shane's evidence against the strike team getting into someone's hands, maybe Acavada, and sending Vic and Ronnie to jail, or something like that.

Yesterday's Sunny was also pretty funny. Simbad stole the show.

I agree with IDM though. I found SoA to be... I don't know lacking is a good word I guess. I mean, I was very torn. I was into the premise, biker gangs, bad ass, ya know. But I just felt like it was being to much more then it was. Or it wasn't coming off very well. I think I need to watch it again, but I really just was not into it, and I'm a huge fan of all television. I was very disappointed.

But yes, lets not forget about It's Always Sunny. I fucking LOVE that show. It's classic. Hilarious shit. I was on PSD the other day and they have mini-clips in thread. One was where they get the cop car and act like cops, while Charlie plays the undercover Al Pacino (I believe from Heat). Also the one where Charlie gets kicked out of the band and he starts huffing paint. Dennis finds him in the dark and then they come up with the ever spectacular "Day Man" (fighter of the Night Man). Another classic clip, Charlies working as a dress-making sweat shop lady. Great stuff.

My shit though is Rescue Me. I love that show too, very great show.

Sorry, I just read through the thread and was compelled to tell you it was Serpico, not Heat.

• 4 weeks later...

So, next week it's the final episode of The Shield, and it's shaping up to be awesome. But holy shit, how awesome was last night's episode? This season has been fantastic, especially last night's episode.

I only wish Acavada could have been there when Vic confessed his many crimes, especially the Crowley murder.

And what's going to happen to Ronnie? Vic's confessions leads Ronnie to jail time, but I can't see that happening. Maybe he tips off Ronnie or something, or Ronnie ends up dying?

Looks like Shane will turn himself in as well.

Shield thoughts:

I don't know where they're going with it, but it's making me a nervous wreck. Vic may have legal immunity, but I don't know if he's just going to ride off into the sunset. Is he going to find out that Corrine was playing him? Finding out his wife was trying to put him in jail and keep him away from his children forever could make any man do some crazy things. Will Vic redeem himself or will he pay for his sins? These last few episodes have been a total rollercoaster, so I have no idea what's in store for the finale.

I never got into the Sheild but I'm thinking after it's done I'll watch season one and see if it catches on with me. With F/X's other shows I really liked The Riches and was sad to hear that it was canceled. I'm a big "Sunny" fan and I too wish I started watching it sooner. I ended up watching the first few season all right in a row to catch up for the current season. Son's of Anarchy is good but I haven't seen the last three episodes. I'll have to catch up at some point. It'll probably get canceled though.

Shield thoughts:

I don't know where they're going with it, but it's making me a nervous wreck. Vic may have legal immunity, but I don't know if he's just going to ride off into the sunset. Is he going to find out that Corrine was playing him? Finding out his wife was trying to put him in jail and keep him away from his children forever could make any man do some crazy things. Will Vic redeem himself or will he pay for his sins? These last few episodes have been a total rollercoaster, so I have no idea what's in store for the finale.

I think Vic ends up dying. If Ronnie is going down, I can see him getting pissed at Vic and killing him. Or Shane ends up killing Vic.

And something has got to happen between Acavada and Vic as well, now that Vic admitted to killing Crowley.

Jesus. What a brilliant show, second only to The Wire in terms of being the best police show of all time.

Claudette reading Shane's suicide note to Vic and showing him pictures of the bodies of Shane, Jackson, and Mara, followed by promptly arresting Ronnie right in front of Vic so he got to find out what Vic did to him while Vic was helpless to do anything about it, was absolutely brilliant revenge. And Vic getting the Marlo Stanfield ending is brilliant, and far better than him dying or being imprisoned for the rest of his life.

Jesus. What a brilliant show, second only to The Wire in terms of being the best police show of all time.

Claudette reading Shane's suicide note to Vic and showing him pictures of the bodies of Shane, Jackson, and Mara, followed by promptly arresting Ronnie right in front of Vic so he got to find out what Vic did to him while Vic was helpless to do anything about it, was absolutely brilliant revenge. And Vic getting the Marlo Stanfield ending is brilliant, and far better than him dying or being imprisoned for the rest of his life.

I think that whole sequence with Ronnie getting busted was intended to really push any Vic sympathizers away finally, it sure made me dislike him. But ultimately it seemed to me that Vic's final actions made that statement that he'll never be broken. I thought for sure in those last few seconds, right after the lights went out he's break down, but no. He grabs his gun and seemed to smirk, he might be caged but he's not broken. Brilliant.

I think that whole sequence with Ronnie getting busted was intended to really push any Vic sympathizers away finally, it sure made me dislike him. But ultimately it seemed to me that Vic's final actions made that statement that he'll never be broken. I thought for sure in those last few seconds, right after the lights went out he's break down, but no. He grabs his gun and seemed to smirk, he might be caged but he's not broken. Brilliant.

I agree that there's no way anyone can sympathize with Vic after all of that, even if he did lose his family. Hell, the guy sold out Ronnie. :angry: Did anyone else notice that he had a picture on his desk of him and Lem together without Shane or Ronnie? That was a nice little touch.

I agree with GoGo, Claudette's revenge was so great. I thought for sure Ronnie would have pulled a gun and tried to shoot Vic, or something like that. And holy shit, did anyone see Shane committing a murder/suicide? I was thinking he'd kill himself, but not Mara and Jackson. But Vic did seem like he felt a little bad about Shane.

I didn't like the stuff with the black dude who wanted to be Mayor, it was kinda boring to be honest. But Acavada taking all the credit for the drug bust was so great.

Awesome ending to the show.

I had a feeling Vic was somehow going to get away with it as Shawn Ryan alluded to it before the beginning of Season Six, but they way they pulled it off was brilliant. He got away, but he lost everything in the process and has been reduced to a paper pusher... for three years. That look at the end just gave off the "fuck it," vibe that he wasn't going to let them take his pride and he's still the same twisted, egomaniac that he's always been. Obviously Vic's one weakness is his kids, but at his core, it's always been self-preservation above all else.

Shane's ending was absolutely heartbreaking and I never would have even expected it until I saw the notepad and then when the cops busted in, all I could keep thinking was "oh God, no." Sadly, my fears were confirmed. A tragic end for a tragic character.

I will miss The Shield greatly, and I firmly believe it's the best show to ever be put on television.

Over at TSM a couple people called Shane taking Jackson and Mara with him, but Jesus that was brutal to watch. I think someone called Vic getting the Marlo Stanfield ending, too, which was 10000% the right way to end it, and really one of my favorite ways to see a character like that get what they deserve; I loved it when it happened to Marlo on The Wire, and it was even better watching Vic in that horrible office suit.

While The Wire is still my favorite TV drama of all time, I think The Shield is officially a strong #2, with The Sopranos bumped down to #3. But dear god, the final demise of the Strike Team, complete with Claudette punking out Vic and Dutch punking out Ronnie ("For what?" "The last three years!"), was a thing of beauty.

On another sad, understated note, I loved that Lem's picture is the only picture of the Strike Team guys that Vic brought with him. He's really the only one that Vic can look back at with anything resembling fond feelings as he's directly responsible for Ronnie's present, doomed state and Shane's suicide note exists solely as a fuck you to Vic for making Shane the monster he became.

Jesus sodding Christ, that was pretty much perfect.

Shane's suicide was heavy stuff and damn, I got chills when they went into the room and showed Mara and Jackson - I think it was the flowers/toy car that just topped it off.

And yeah, Claudette's ultimate revenge was amazingly well done and did a great job of reminding you that Vic wasn't a hero in this. In fact, you could say he was the lead villain throughout, as it's pretty much his fault things turned out the way they did.

Gutted for Ronnie, his final realisation that Vic had stabbed him in the back was brilliant. And I'm glad they did it, as it showed that Vic, no matter how much he cared for someone, always let them down/put himself first.

I liked the subplot with the preacher, as well as Dutch/Killer confrontation(s).

I think that may be the best series finale I've seen, even more so than Life on Mars (which I previously regarded as the best).

Wow.

Amazing piece of television. It has to be the only show I watch that can pull on so many strings. It's heartbreaking, it's tense, it's exciting, it's amazing and now it's gone :( I don't think there'll ever be a television show quite like The Shield. I would always argue for The Shield over The Sopranos while Sopranos was still around and this last season has just sealed it for me, it covered everything that had to be covered and did it in a way were I cared about every little facet of every one of the characters used in the finale.

I need to give the Wire a shot but, I don't think it can be nearly as good as what the Shield was for 7 seasons.