FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you can as there isn't an American Samoa team in the game is there?

But beforehand they say: "get called up for your national team" etc etc, so they hype it up. You are able to choose nationalities like American Samoa, Iraq and shit, but then suddenly you don't get that feature? Seems strange.

Edit: Never mind, when you click on for example Indonesia it says; this team doesn't have a national team. :pervert:

Edited by Quasi Fernandez

So, Manager Mode with Tottenham, things start brilliantly with wins over Portsmouth (4-0), Hull (3-2) and Boro (2-1) before Bent, who was on fire with 5 goals in those 3, gets injured for 2-3 games and things go tits up. We lose 1-0 to the Arse, 3-1 to EXETER in the League Cup (B-ish side to be fair) and 2-1 to a 10-man West Ham (was leading 1-0 with ten to go as well) before a 0-0 draw with Everton. Spose it's better than Spurs in real life, but that Exeter performance was rubbish <_<

What difficulty does everyone play on? I started on professional, kicked so much ass in the first season of Manager Mode that I turned it up to World Class and I've only lost once this season (to newly promoted Reading, shush) but my team has improved rather quickly, we're rated five stars now and the worst player in my starting 11 is 82-rated Gareth Bale with King & Woodgate both over 90.

Currently doing World Class with Hull. Only signed was Johann Djorou rating 74, best player is Cousin at 76. Only been beaten twice Sunderland 2-1 after losing two goals in the last 15 minutes and by Blackburn in the cup but I was playing my reserves which consist of Dean Windass and Caleb Folan who are horrible in game.

Hoping to sign up a good few players in the summer for depth aswell as better players and hopefully put the difficulty up again.

I just had Andy Gray commenting on the away team's style of play in a game I was playing, he said they were like Arsenal in the way they passed the ball around, which isn't surprising really considering the away team was actually Arsenal >_>

Plus, first 5 shots against Blackburn all goals, 5-0 up at half-time (that was final score, too) Heskey got four :D

Anybody interested in an EWB league (360)?

Edited by AD

I just had Andy Gray commenting on the away team's style of play in a game I was playing, he said they were like Arsenal in the way they passed the ball around, which isn't surprising really considering the away team was actually Arsenal >_>

Plus, first 5 shots against Blackburn all goals, 5-0 up at half-time (that was final score, too) Heskey got four :D

Anybody interested in an EWB league (360)?

Yesh. Eircom League please <.<. Who else started their Be a Pro season in some obscure competition?

So I tried both the FIFA and Pro Evo demos, there's bits I like about both.

Liked the stats screen on FIFA at HT/FT with all the locations for goals, shots, tackles etc.

Pro Evo had nothing like that, was it just left out for the demo?

Graphic-wise I thought the animations were better on FIFA, but Pro Evo had a very smooth framerate while FIFA jittered slightly.

I preferred Pro Evo's overall clean presentation. FIFA did have more info on the screens but the whole in-your-face "EA Sport"-ness of it all got right on my tits.

FIFA did do a better job of explaining everything which was nice for a first time player, but I can see it just getting annoying once you've learned everything.

Pro Evo sort of just threw you in and some things weren't really obvious as to what they meant.

So at the end of it I don't really prefer one over the other. Maybe when the reviews start coming out for Pro Evo it might swing me one way or another.

Nah, Pro Evolution gets playschooled by FIFa presentation-wise, yeah the EA Sports in-game screens and menus have gotten a distinct (read: identical) style as of late, but who cares? As long as they don't hinder me setting up the game in any way, I don't care.

I have touted PES over FIFA since my days at Uni, but in all honesty the present-gen versions have been utter shite, and I think this is the year everyone will finally agree that EA has come up with a better game (presuming the PES demo is indicative of the final product). May not be the most realistic, and the lakc of space/claustrophobic nature at times can get annoying compared with the apparent acres you have to roam around in in PES, but it's way more fun.

Oh, and don't judge games' presentation by their demo. Lots of them have commentary, stat pop-ups etc. removed to keep the download size minimal.

So I just had two matches scheduled on the same day in Manager Mode. Beat Liverpool in the F.A. Cup and now have to play Man Utd in the league with a tired team. There's no rest either, I have mid-week games against Bolton in the League Cup semi-final two weeks in a row as well as weekend games in the league. Guess I should spend some of my available budget to upgrade the team fitness coach :/

Was trying to get the 'Giant Killer' achievement...beat Chelsea 3-0 with Shrewsbury and didnt get it. I checked the star ratings of both teams, and they fit the criteria for the achievement. What gives?

Maybe sometimes it doesn't recognise the achievements. I saved a penalty in a game against my bro, no achievement. Ten minutes later in the same game my brother saves a penalty and he gets it :/