FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I tried uploading a video to ea sports world a couple of time but it never shows up on my page. When I'm on XBL it all goes fine and well and it says the video was succesfully uploaded. I even got the director in the making achievement but it just won't show up!

Anyone had this problem and might know how to fix it?

I've finally worked out how to upload videos.

Now the whole world can see how much of a cunt one of my players is when it comes to team safety

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/2296279

Or see a recreation of the infamous '66 goal as Villa

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/2186007

Now I can see them again I've just realised how much i fucked up the others, I must have pressed L1 or something because i've just got a player walking around doing nothing then looking glum >_<

Ok, not sure what is wrong with the Live Season thing. I used my free trial for one league, then purchased the bundle for the rest. I have it saved on the hard drive, but it doesn't show up. It only accesses the free league. The only thing I did was download the the Spanish commentary. Have deleted that since, and the Live Season still doesn't update past the one free league.

It's not just you having problems with it. A lot of people are. It seems they're paying for updates, but stats aren't updating.

I knew from the beginning that I was never going to buy into any of this shit. I haven't even used the trial, because frankly, I think Live Season sucks balls.

I just don't really like the idea of "team plays shit one weekend so now they're shit in game," especially as I like to use smaller teams (or none of the "big 4" anyway) when doing MM's or playing online. I'd rather build my own player's stats up, not go by what the people who do Live Season think.

A week or so ago, the update had Spurs as a 5-star team. I mean, what the fuck? They're 4.5 stars to begin with, suck arse until the middle of October and are not really touched stats wise. A string of wins and all of a sudden they're up there with Chelsea, Utd etc.? If they're going to do it, at least do it properly.

Now granted, just because Spurs weren't winning, it doesn't mean players' stats should diminish massively, but likewise, they shouldn't be made a lot higher just because they win.

I personally would prefer it if updates were for some of the lesser known players, updating their abilities. Like some of the Arsenal youngsters being ungraded from the mid-50's after good performances in the Carling Cup. Because for me, one good game for an already awesome Ronaldo shouldn't mean an increase in stats.

Edited by B

Plus if your favourite team is one that's set for relegation... why would you want your stats updated when you know they're only going to go downhill? Had Spurs continued their run of poor form you'd get a bunch of pissed Spurs fans complaining that it's impossible to play.

It's a nice idea but not enough is really being updated. I wanted it to cover new sponsors (like the removal of XL) or changing the faces of players who actually look nothing like they do. All it really does is say "lets just give the teams that won this week a boost in stats, those who lost a decline, and those who drew a decline"

So the update is finally out so yay I can start a tournament while controlling 8 teams, altough the screen still says you can select 4 you can actually select 8, I tried.

I also downloaded the Brazilian commentary which is great fun just because of the "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL GOOOLLLLLL GOOOOLLLLL GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

I also played CGI13 who got lucky since I was on the attack all match and he managed to get two in on the counter. You just can't trust those sneaky Americans to just loose when they're supposed to :P

It's unconfirmed, but the patch might be out for the 360 at least. Many over at the EA Forums claim to have it (as does CQ above) but there's no word from EA confirming that it's been released yet. There was definitely a 360 FIFA update today, but it's not clear whether it's definitely the "patch".

One thing I do know though, is that the update hasn't been released on PS3 yet. :(

Live Season is a glorified roster update, they should really be giving them out for free like they do with Madden and NHL. I don't mind it, but I wouldn't pay for any of the extra leagues. The thing that really annoys me about it, though, is that whenever I start the game up and go to the main menu it comes up 'NEW ADIDAS LIVE SEASON FORM AVAILABLE', so I go to download but then it tells me I have the latest one already :@

I seem to have a knack of losing to small clubs in the FA and Carling Cup.

Three seasons in a row I have been knocked out on penalties by Crystal Palace,Bristol and QPR. I have Crew next in the FA Cup and I am going to unleash my first team on them just so I can have a decent cup run for once.

Oh. That's odd. Haven't really paid attention to the ticker. I believe it's every Wednesday they are supposed to update, though right?

Supposed to yeah, but I haven't seen an update for a few weeks. Unless my data is somehow screwed up and it recognises it as the latest one each time :/

The Patch update is now out on PS3 as well as 360. :)

It apparently fixed stuff like the "crabwalk," which occured when playing balls over the top or into open space. I have to say, after playing one game and purposely play-testing it, all seems to have been fixed.

I upped this video to show the fix. Shocking 'keeping, although it was pissing down with rain...

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/2327127

Ball played over the top and run onto no problem. Before, the player attacking the ball would turn and run like a crab until the defender caught up.

As for the advantage bug, it might've been fixed for goals, but not in normal play, as I was in acres of space and it still got brought back for a free-kick. There was another occasion though where I got the advantage and the ref let me have it for once, so it might've part fixed some other advantage stuff.

All in all, just glad to get the patch. Should soon be time to start a diary on it.