Your Greatest Music Artist Off All Time?

I haven't started this topic for a full scale riot but just for peoples opinions. Yes opinions, this is not facts, this is all about opinion. Meaning someone can come in here and say that Ricky Martin is the greatest artist of all time if they like :shifty:

For me its Michael Jackson. Put aside what all you guys think about him over all the rumours and stuff, music wise there's not really anyone who can match him if you ask me, maybe Elvis. The thing is, I haven't heard a single bad Michael Jackson song to be honest. He may be classed as a pop artist, but that doesn't mean a thing. Just look around now and realise how many people try to be like the guy, music wise. That shows how talented he really was and still is. He's had what, 6 or 7 classic songs now(Billie Jean, Thriller, Bad, Beat It, Earth Song, Smooth Criminal and way more actually). His voice was super and lets not forget his dancing. God they say Elvis could move great, but this guy is like the greatest. He is loved by literally everyone, minus the people who seemed to have turned on him over his out of music life. Before any of the child crap was mentioned, when one of his songs came on(i.e Billy Jean) I think nearly anyone would start to move a little to it, yes even bloddy hard rock fans because the beats are so great. I mean if your a normal person and can admit to someone being great even if you don't like them, then surely you can admit to how talented the guy was. There's not much more to say about this to be honest, maybe loads of you disagree with me about it but I cant change my opinion on this. When this court crap is all finally over and he walks free, which I'm sure he will, then I really hope he brings out one more album to show he still has what it takes.

Don't forget this is opinion based so none of you hard rock fans come in here flaming me to death :shifty:

For me, the all time best is Ozzy Osbourne.

He started off with Black Sabbath and had all those great songs, and then even after being kicked out, he had the even MORE successful solo run, which produced some really, really great songs. Not only that, he still has the yearly Ozzfest, keeping himself known, and though he doesn't have the best stage performance because of his age, just because he is up on stage you and everyone around you is up and dancing and jumping around to his music. And I believe his popularity actually is getting bigger now because of the main stream success of his TV show, and so more and more people are realizing just how great Ozzy really is.

Joe Strummer

Dennis Lyxen

Jim Morrison

All three had immense effects on mainstream music (Dennis to a lesser extent, but still he has had effect on it).

Prince.

He covers all bases...rock, pop, funk, old-school soul, even some whacked-out psychedelia shit (1985's Around the World in a Day album), with the occasional gospel side-trip. I can't think of anyone else who's ranged that wide.

Prince.

He covers all bases...rock, pop, funk, old-school soul, even some whacked-out psychedelia shit (1985's Around the World in a Day album), with the occasional gospel side-trip.  I can't think of anyone else who's ranged that wide.

Yeah I'd give him an honourable mention actually. Along with Elvis too. Female wise I totally forgot about Madonna. By far the greatest female woman to ever live for me, that'll own best female music artist.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Guest Angry Baboon

Strongest over all? Wow. That's hard. It would probably come between Beck, Frank Black and Bjork.

I'm going to have to go for Bjork. Sexiest voice ever, Best pop music of the past ten years, Best techno of the past ten years, Best song writer of the past ten years.

I know I'm repeating one but definitely Ozzy Osbourne. He was great with Sabbath and of course even better without them. In terms of bands, Metallica pre-St. Anger was great. I still think their self-titled album is the best album ever.