Create A Character

PkmnTrainerJ

While making people from one of my favourite fighting games (Evil Zone) on Soul Calibur IV, it made me wonder if people consider the character creation feature in games such as Soul Calibur, Smackdown etc. good or bad. Do you make a character of yourself? Or just use designs you find on the net? It's never a selling point for me, though it is a nice feature.

When I still bought the SmackDown! games I made a 'Dragon' character each time, keeping some traits such as his very long hair, but changing a lot of things

Soul Calibur IV has a J, some random things, Harley Quinn (which I found somewhere and she's fucking awesome) and now most of the Evil Zone cast (though some are incomplete and look poor, such as Danzaiver)

I usually don't create characters over and over as I like to expand, but my dad, however, always makes a guy named TJ in SVR games. First he was black, then he was a white british guy, and now he is a tan chinese dude with a ponytail. I don't know where he gets these ideas from...

:rolleyes:

I use Create A Character more than the actual game, sometimes. Case in point, Soul Calibur IV. I've hardly played the game but I've made at least 10 characters, all original creations. I rarely ever use templates off the Internet. The only one I ever used was a Matt Hardy CAW for SvR2006. If I make a pre-existing character or actual person, I'll do it from memory. Most of the time, I'll scroll through the options until I find one that triggers my creativity and I suddenly make a new character around it.

Let's see if I can remember all my SCIV creations off the top of my head:

Togashi Takumi - My character from the Legend of the Five Rings role-playing game. If you've seen the movie Azumi, think Bijomaru, only less gay, yet with pink hair. Mitsurugi's moveset.

Trixie - A cute blonde schoolgirl with Rock's moveset.

Evexia - A hot female pirate with Talim's moveset.

Demento - A big guy with Maxi's haircut and Yoshimitsu's mask, Zasalamel's moveset.

Black Wizard - A black guy in wizard clothes, using Lizardman's moveset with the Meat On The Bone weapon (his sword was a giant chicken leg, hence why I made him Black Wizard).

Mega-Connery - A roided up version of Sean Connery using Cervantes' moveset. Following in the traditions of my SCIII creations, Mega-Hitler and Mega-Lincoln.

Mad Butcher - A demented serial killer type, using Taki's moveset.

FAGGOT! - A guy in a blue miniskirt using Setsuka's moveset.

BAMF - A Bad Ass MoFo with an afro using Cassandra's moveset.

I'm sure I'm missing a few there. We also made characters exploiting the traits, or "Whores", outfitting each one with nothing but the highest in the stats of Power, Impact, Gauge, Boost and Special. I just finished Gauge Whore and Impact Whore today.

I used to have a roster of guys I created in the Smackdown games but I haven't really played any extensively since Here Comes The Pain. From JBI to HCTP me and my friend always created the same few guys, my favourite one off the top of my head being a guy named Seith Ghost. He was a small guy who wore white tights, white boots and white facepaint.

There was some move he used.. I can't remember what exactly it was, but like, whenever you used it it looked like he ducked a clothesline, rolled through and he'd wind up behind the opponent. It was my favourite move to do with him because I could duck the clothesline, roll through and dropkick the other guy endlessly. Eventually that move was 'banned' because it fucking annoyed everyone I played against.

Always create people on wrestling games, usually at least one of the same guys, although he changes a bit from game to game...created a worryingly accurate version of myself on Mortal Kombat Armageddon, and insisted that my moveset be representative of my own fighting style, so it's just lunging, flailing and awkward uppercuts, and it's nigh-on impossible to win a fight as him. Usually make a few comedy guys, especially on wrestling games, because it makes it much more fun when you're playing with mates.

Last night on Lego Batman I created "The Brigadier", who's the best superhero ever. He's a Victorian adventurer fighting crime in Gotham City, with a big fucking gun and an eskimo sidekick.