Need a new Action/Drama TV Show to watch.

K

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burn Notice should have gotten more love in this thread, powering through Season One at the moment.

Burn Notice is fucking awesome. Season 2 restarts next month! :wub:

Plus it has Lovejoy, clearly a sure sign of it's awsomeness.

Speaking of catching up on TV shows, anyone know if the run of 30 Rock starting tonight on Five is from the beginning? I assume it is, one of those 'let's crank out a repeat of a whole season over Christmas' things, they look to be doing the same with Prison Break Season 2, god knows why.

Edited by We Three Kings of Ellis

The Unit is all kind of awesome... I'm only half way through Season 2 but its a great show... it also fits in with your other enjoyment of CSI type TV shows as there is no real character development and or continued stories, its just one show after the other. Special Forces army unit and their families story.

Heroes is a given only if you are into Sci-Fi, but its supposed to be about thegradual build up of a storyline... season 1 was the best, if you enjoy and want the show to get better, watch season 2 and 3 ready for what the next chapter will bring us with new writers.

Chuck is fantastic for the comedy value. Store Worker ends up working for the Goverment as a spy type thing.

Dexter is amazing too for the twist and plot development, but again, slow gradual build up. Serial Killer that works for the police. (not so much gore, but dead body parts)

Californication looks good (only a few episodes in) but plenty of sex thats for sure... and there is a French Bulldog! Writter who currently can't write and his story in LA of trying to win back his long term partner and child.

Life on Mars US seems like a decent reworking of the UK version, but a little to closee to the original to keep me watching. Police office ran over, goes back to 1970s and his story there.

30 Rock Alec Baldwin at his best, never liked the guy before to the point that I would switch him over.. but he is fantastic in this role and I will happily watch a decent show for 1 fantastic character. Comedy about a Saturday Night Live type skit show and what goes on behind the scenes.

Edited by BiggN

Might as well give Sons of Anarchy a shot, its FX's new hour long drama/action series, and they usually put out quality stuff (The Shield, Nip/Tuck, etc) From what I've seen its pretty good

oh fuck this rules

I'm giving heroes a bash, i'm about four episodes in.. it hasn't really grabbed me yet... does it pick up?

No, it´s getting realy shitty. I actualy liked season one somewhat... season 2 and so on turn into a big mess.

Dexter is shit, much potential lost in flat characters and predictabel storylines.

I found much love for Californication, Fox Mulder is Dead, long live Hank Moody! It´s not action, just comedy drama... lot´s of sex and great dialoges. Season 2 just finished in the US.

Pepsi can. I think.

All I know is that it's got boobs. Anna Paquin's boobs. Lizzy Caplan's boobs. But.. Anna Paquin's boobs. Also, sex scenes.

Wikipedia sez

Thanks to a Japanese scientist's invention of synthetic blood, vampires have progressed from legendary monsters to fellow citizens overnight. And while humans have supposedly been removed from the menu, many remain apprehensive about these creatures "coming out of the coffin." Religious leaders and government officials around the world have chosen their sides, but in the small Louisiana town of Bon Temps, the jury is still out.

Can anyone tell me about True Blood?

It´s ok, but nothing like i expected it to be. (i expected some big picture political thing wen i heared about the theme, not how a smal redneck town is dealing with it, so i´s different, but strange... i can´t hte it, i don´love it) The clifhangers at the end of each episode are lame. Anna Paquin(s bodyduble?) gets topless. >_>

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Coming up to the end of Prison Break series 2, Michael Schofield just can't catch a break.

I think i'ma swing onto the Sarah Conner Chronicles next then come back to PB for season 3.

God I watch a lot of serialised television shows.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd say Dexter. Worth the watch really and keeps you gripped to the action.

Chuck wasn't all that bad, but I never really got into it.

I will also pimp out The Deadzone to some people who want a good show to watch. If you don't want to watch the TV shows, you can always watch the film with Christopher Walken. It's based on the novel by Stephen King.

[The Deadzone]

Johnny Smith has been leading an idyllic small-town life. Employed as a science teacher, Johnny takes great pleasure in showing his young students the wonders of the natural world. He is also newly-engaged to a loving fiancée named Sarah, a fellow teacher he's known since childhood, and is a good son to his widowed mother, who lives nearby. Johnny's life is nearly perfect - until the day his life is interrupted by a near-fatal car crash that leaves him in a deep coma. Six years later, Johnny finally regains consciousness and discovers that life as he once knew it has completely changed. His mother has passed away, and Sarah has gone on to marry someone else - and now has a son. But Johnny himself is also not the same person he once was: he now finds himself in possession of amazing psychic powers which allow him to see into the lives of anyone he touches. Now, as Johnny attempts to reacquaint himself with a life he has been away from for six long years, he must also begin a quest to come to terms with his new abilities - abilities that may turn out to be both a blessing and a curse. Helping Johnny make a fresh start are his physical trainer Bruce, who also becomes a close friend; his mother's priest, Gene Purdy, who sets up a trust fund for Johnny but may not be looking out for Johnny's best interests; and Sarah, who must find a way to make Johnny a part of her life again without risking her relationship with her husband and son.