Mirrors Edge

NotoriousGTT

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In theory, iit shouldn't work, with it being first person, but I'm convinced. The demo is all kinds awesome and it's definately on my christmas list.

Agreed. The first person platforming is done so well. It works because it's momentum based platforming like Prince of Persia; you're always moving, jumping onto pipes and ladders or making huge jumps and landing on long platforms. The controls seem awkward when you hear about them, but when playing the game, they work flawlessly.

I love the fact that you're more athletically able than the police chasing you but you're not as strong meaning that you can't stand around and fight...You just gotta keep running.....

Also, demo ending moment...

Jumping onto a helicopter from a rooftop! Mark out.
Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Apart from the one bit where you jump really high and have to roll when you land, which refused to work for me until I six-axis'd it the demo was pretty impressive.

I think this game may mark the first time in history I've wished a game would be delayed. Not enough time >_>

Apart from the one bit where you jump really high and have to roll when you land, which refused to work for me until I six-axis'd it the demo was pretty impressive.

I think this game may mark the first time in history I've wished a game would be delayed. Not enough time >_>

Yeah, I had a similar problem, although eventually when I did it at other sections the L1 (or whichever button) worked fine for it, weirdly enough.

I've got a similar problem, with Fallout 3 in the bag, LittleBigPlanet on the horizon, Valkyria Chronicles, Bioshock and Far Cry 2 all potential purchases, along with maybe Raw vs Smackdown, I have little time and even less money.

Mmmm.

Just got Little Big Planet, still playing through Afrika, Fallout 3 is in the post (whoooo), Mirror's Edge is a requirement and has been since I first heard about it last year, Smachdown vs Raw has impressed me enough to buy a WWE game for the first time since Just Bring It...And Bioshock is a definite purchase.

I'm gonna be skint....And probably divorced. Boo.

My only hope is that there is a small lull after christmas, so at least I can go about picking up the others I fancy.

At least with the games that are basically all about single player, it doesn't matter so much. With that, the game is gonna be there no matter when you pick it up, so might as well wait and pick it up cheaper. Multiplayer games, or games that rely on it (like LittleBigPlanet) are ones worth getting in on early, so you don't miss out.

So, I forgot to download this last night before going to bed, then I forgot to start downloading it before leaving for work. Now I've gotta download it tonight, and not be able to play until tomorrow night after work again anyway. Silly me.

Anyway, I will agree with the general conensus of "It looks rad and I wanna buy it, but I'm gonna be so poor."

I think I may be the only one who has not been completely bowled over by this. I mean, I could run about all over the place on Assasin's Creed but outside of that, that game ran out of ideas pretty quickly. For me, this didn't have much indication of some bontiful realm of gameplay possibilities beyond the demo section.