Bender's Game

MalaCloudy Black

Anyone else seen it yet? I thought it was a pretty good installment in the series, and I loved the nod to Gary Gygax (The Geysers of Gygax). Also, finding out that (spoilers!)

Igner's father in Farnsworth.

Was something I wasn't really expecting.

It was a pretty good film. I like that the first movie was pretty much a nice nostalgic trip in that it really went back to the tv series with some things, the second movie I thought was okay as a sequel to the first, and the third is a nice little movie on it's own. I love that it's pretty much just a long episode of Futurama and that it still has got the characters down.

Igner being the son of Farnsworth was a shock, though I figured that's the way they were going when he was hiding and overhearing what Mom and the other two were talking about (although, for some reason I DID think of Fry being the father in some way). The scene with Nibbler was great as well.

All in all, I think the first movie is best, the third is second, and the second comes in third. I really can't wait for the fourth movie to come out, and even though I REALLY don't want it to happen, at the same time I want Futurama to return for at least one more tv season. Reason I dont want it to happen is because I dont want it to suffer Family Guy syndrome, i.e. love it now but get tired of it with new episodes.

I don't know why anyone is ragging on Family Guy. I've been consistently entertained since its' return.

The Futurama movies have been great. Bender's Game was a lot of fun to watch, and I'd almost rather they just continue to produce the movies, which are more like 90 minute episodes than feature films. But if they do decide to bring the show back, I'd be all for it.

I don't know why anyone is ragging on Family Guy. I've been consistently entertained since its' return.

The Futurama movies have been great. Bender's Game was a lot of fun to watch, and I'd almost rather they just continue to produce the movies, which are more like 90 minute episodes than feature films. But if they do decide to bring the show back, I'd be all for it.

The only real problem I've had with Family Guy is the "long" jokes and how long some of the fucking awful songs are, I'm finding more and more that the songs are either brilliant or god awful.

I actually wouldnt mind that, but I wouldnt want TOO many movies to be made. I'd probably be happy with a total of 6 movies be made, as long as I get my Futurama fix.

I actually wouldnt mind that, but I wouldnt want TOO many movies to be made. I'd probably be happy with a total of 6 movies be made, as long as I get my Futurama fix.

I figure that after this last of the original four planned films... if they released one every year, that would be great. I don't think they'd need to stop at a certain number, because there's still so much life left in the series. If it gets to a point where the quality of the films is sub-standard, then they could wait a bit longer than a year and release one final film, wrapping up all the loose ends and giving the series a proper sendoff... but until then, I see no reason why they can't release one a year.

I probably wouldn't mind one film a year, I just wouldnt want to risk the decline in quality with each passing film is all. I'm all for more Futurama, especially 90 minute episodes with good plots. I'd also probably prefer just normal 30 minute episodes, though, just because then the writers dont have to try and make one plot last a full 90 minutes and all (not that they havent done a great job thus far).

Point: More Futurama.

I thought they had two more movies to make... I know the next movie had a trailer on the Bender's Game disc which looked pretty good as well. But as for Bender's Game, I loved it. As a big D&D nerd, the whole part where they start the acutally adventure part just made me smile and laugh the whole way through.

Nah, only one more. Total of 4 movies total to make up the "5th season" (16 tv episodes). Maybe the creators will see that people still want Futurama and make more, though.

...God's most humble creation, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

This. The Scary Door sequences are always some of the funniest bits on the show, and this one was right up there with "It turns out it was man!"

This one didn't have the heart or the rapping Hanukkah Zombie of Bender's Big Score, but it was a hell of a lot better than Beast with a Billion Backs. It might just be the fact that I've been hurting for a new story involving Mom (and ROBOT MAD HATTER!), though. It's a couple of years too late for Lord of the Rings jokes to be entirely relevant, and the notion that the most powerful die in the world is a D12 is laughable at best (Wow, I'm a barbarian's hit dice and I'm used to calculate greataxe damage. whooooooo.), but it was a hell of a fun ride anyway with some fantastic jokes throughout that surpass the best stuff of either of the first two movies.