The Inevitable January Transfer Market Topic

Crybaby Bunting

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Defoe to go he looks lack-luster now and all i say give us 13.5 mill and he's yours I can't believe Redknapp is trying it on he said it himself were in financial difficulty give us our asking price then u .............. it will be nameless but yeah 13.5 isn't much to ask he has improved since he's been with Pompey so come on Spurs cough up

According to Argentinian radio, Tevez has gone and said that Man Utd haven't spoke to him about a permanent deal to Manchester United, and that he's willing to speak to any club on equal footing. Meaning he'd look at a deal with Madrid as much as he would with a new deal at United.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_4750627,00.html

Although technically couldn't Man United have made an offer to whoever it is who own Tevez and just because it hasn't been a shifty deal for once he (or his agent) doesn't know about it?

Isn't a deal already in place with the people that 'own' him though? I know when we signed Mascherano it was an 18-month loan deal with a set fee we could sign him for should we choose to, provided we could agree personal terms with him.

The fee was never set. And since it's only a loan deal that he has with you he has no permanent contract with anyone other than the third party organisation. Which pretty much means he's free to talk to any club anytime he likes.

I'd like to see the third party people recall him from loan at United and loan him to someone else. :lol: Everton could do with a striker.

Edited by TheArsenal

Well, other than the fact Macherano is permanently contracted to Liverpool and has no third party dealings whatsoever anymore.

Tevez is still under MSI contract though I believe. But I figure the next team he goes to will buy him out from that. (Be it Man Utd permanently or another team)

Edited by IAceI

He is on loan from MSI. I understand Utd have been having doubts over whether to turn it into a complete transfer, which isn't surprising really, he has hardly lit up Old Trafford enough to warrant a £30m asking fee.

Well, other than the fact Macherano is permanently contracted to Liverpool and has no third party dealings whatsoever anymore.

Tevez is still under MSI contract though I believe. But I figure the next team he goes to will buy him out from that. (Be it Man Utd permanently or another team)

MSI. I couldn't remember the name of them.

Yeah, the FA said basically that they will not allow any form of third party ownership after the whole West Ham mess. So after this loan period Tevez's registration will have to be held and owned by the club he plays for, not MSI. Whether this ruling will apply abroad, I don't know...

Yeah, the FA said basically that they will not allow any form of third party ownership after the whole West Ham mess. So after this loan period Tevez's registration will have to be held and owned by the club he plays for, not MSI. Whether this ruling will apply abroad, I don't know...

It's not going to be a major concern to Kia Joorabchian, or anyone else involved with MSI, given that they made £18m when Mascherano was sold and will make £30m odd (if they are lucky) when Tevez is sold.

It's not going to be a major concern to Kia Joorabchian, or anyone else involved with MSI, given that they made £18m when Mascherano was sold and will make £30m odd (if they are lucky) when Tevez is sold.

I know. And the fact they can pick up more players like this in Brazil and sell them to British teams and keep the profit. I was just commenting that there's actually nothing keeping Tevez at United, since the only real agreement between them is Tevez's wages. Any further agreement (duration, etc.) is with MSI - which they, possibly, could end early much like other loan deals should a decent offer for Tevez come in.

I'm almost positive that the contract doesn't allow Tevez to leave United until the end of it. The fact that they paid for it doesn't instantly, legally prevent them from having a recall clause, it's just that a club would have to be chumps to agree to it. Loans are just temporary transfers - Tevez is, legally, a United player, but they have a contract with MSI that they'll return his registration to them at the end of their contract. The difference with his West Ham contract was that it was not a temporary transfer (though it was superficially a loan) it was permanent, with MSI having certain 'recall' options.

He'd be better staying at the sinking ship of Portsmouth? They clearly don't want him there, they need the money and he's the most valuable asset. I even suspect that Adams left him out against Arsenal - to make it clear he wasn't uppermost in his plans and he might as well leave.

They're maybe not the best, but where else is better? None of the Big 4 could possibly be expected to pay £15m for him. Villa are unlikely to want him either when they have pace and incisiveness already (you're more likely to go for a big guy to fulfil Carew's role if he gets injured/sulky/old, right?) At City he's just as likely to get benched when they buy someone with a bigger name down the line. Everton don't have the money. Newcastle are a bombsite. I can't see who he can go to that have better prospects, particularly when he has a higher likelihood of playing better at a club he's already been at with a manager who he gets on well with.

I don't want him, and yes Villa's plans lie elsewhere rightfully so.

Defoe going back, to me, pretty much is his way of saying "Yeah, Berbs & Keane were miles ahead of me.. they've gone..Spurs, I'm coming home!"

Sadly, Adams doesn't want him.. nor does any of the other teams who could afford him.