The Inevitable January Transfer Market Topic

Crybaby Bunting

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MediaSet, a relatively reliable Italian news source, are saying that the Kaka deal is going to happen within 48 hours. They say an agreement's been reached in principle and the next couple of days will see the paperwork being sorted out. Hardly conclusive of course.

Apologies for the double post.

From the BBC live text:

2206: Breaking news: The prime minister of Italy, Silvio Berlusconi, who is also the owner of AC Milan, has told Italian television that Kaka is staying at the club. Repeat, Kaka will not be joining Manchester City.
Edited by TheArsenal

That's a terrible day for them. Kaka apparently not coming now and instead they get Bellamy. So much money yet such small brains. That Bellamy switch is still puzzling me, because I just don't understand why a club with so much money and wanting to really turn themselves into a top team and they buy that pile of shit. I've never believed the hype around Bellamy. He's an average player who has a really good game in every ten or so matches. He's got good speed/pace, but I just don't rate him one bit.

To confirm....

Italian Prime Minister and Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has claimed Kaka has rejected Manchester City, while the Premier League club have counter-claimed that it is they that they ceased discussions.

Berlusconi met with Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani earlier on Monday to discuss City's world-record fee for the Brazilian, before being interviewed on Italian television.

City offered over £100million for the 26-year-old, who has in the past indicated a desire to stay in Italy. Now Berlusconi has stated his intention to keep the player at the San Siro.

Berlusconi said: "Kaka is staying with Milan. For Kaka, money isn't everything.

"When I heard him say that he prefers to stay, that he doesn't feel like he has lost the opportunity to earn a higher salary and that he feels privileged to wear the shirt, he values the closeness and the friendships, the heat and affection that all the fans have shown him even in these last two days, I said 'hallelujah' and we hugged."

However, Sky Sports News understands that City never engaged in discussions with the player and that Berlusconi is wrong to suggest Kaka rejected an Eastlands switch.

More to follow...

I find it hilarious that after coming out and saying they would pay over £100m and offer wages of £500k a week, that City then turn around and say it was them who have cancelled the deal.

Guest ChrisSteeleAteMyPoo

Jermaine Jenas is worse than a dog being raped. If you told me they found a cure for AIDS today, it would still not be a good day, as Jenas plays for Spurs. Jenas should go and join the IRA and fist himself with a bomb on a bus, at least then he'll be doing it for a worthy cause and paving the way to freedom for the good lads, it's time to end the troubles.

To confirm....

Italian Prime Minister and Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has claimed Kaka has rejected Manchester City, while the Premier League club have counter-claimed that it is they that they ceased discussions.

Berlusconi met with Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani earlier on Monday to discuss City's world-record fee for the Brazilian, before being interviewed on Italian television.

City offered over £100million for the 26-year-old, who has in the past indicated a desire to stay in Italy. Now Berlusconi has stated his intention to keep the player at the San Siro.

"When I heard him say that he prefers to stay, that he doesn't feel like he has lost the opportunity to earn a higher salary and that he feels privileged to wear the shirt, he values the closeness and the friendships, the heat and affection that all the fans have shown him even in these last two days, I said 'hallelujah' and we hugged."

However, Sky Sports News understands that City never engaged in discussions with the player and that Berlusconi is wrong to suggest Kaka rejected an Eastlands switch.

More to follow...

I find it hilarious that after coming out and saying they would pay over £100m and offer wages of £500k a week, that City then turn around and say it was them who have cancelled the deal.

Show me an actual quote where anyone from City's brass literally said that they'd pay him 500k a week. That was all bigged up media bullshit.

To confirm....

More to follow...

Show me an actual quote where anyone from City's brass literally said that they'd pay him 500k a week. That was all bigged up media bullshit.

"We'll definitely pay him at least 500k a week. Without doubt. Because he's worth it to us."

- Mark Hughes, Manchester City manager.

Burn~!!

So now that's done with. Robinho, eh? If he demands a transfer maybe the Sheiks will see that all the money they've spent or tried to spend so far isn't getting them anywhere...