Most violent football/soccer players

Like the topic says, what are the most violent players you know? The ones that you just knew were out to hurt their opponents?

At the moment, the one that comes to mind is Bruno Alves, this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IBNhxbf2lM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMeCGVOBI3M

These are just some of his aggressions (and the funny thing is it's rarely foul and I don't remember him ever getting a red card, and only rarely getting a yellow... but I digress).

So, what are your displays of brutality?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jKf6VzL8Zo

Sorry about the woeful commentary. You can actually hear the crack as he connects. Scumbag.

Michael Brown's a dirtbag as well. I actually train for tennis with a cousin of his and never miss an opportunity when he's mentioned to tell him what a dirty player he is.

Ouch, yeah, I remember that one, it ha a lot of impact here, since Pedro Mendes is Portuguese. Hurts to watch, honestly >_<

EDIT: Oh well, I just found a new video that shows Porto players' impunity around these parts (this is a compilation of aggressions that weren't considered foul or weren't even a yellow card):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liI4Mz6DQsc

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

Haha Julian Dicks. I saw the other day he's just taken over as manager at some really random club. Was awesome to see.

Can't remember who, but 5 divisions below the Conference, IIRC. Bit of a change from a man whose spent the last decade playing golf in Spain.

EDIT: And fuck off, Kevin Davies is awesome >_> But yeah, he has been the biggest fouler statistically in the Prem for the past few years...although last year, he was also the most fouled player. I like his rough and tumble approach.

Edited by rvdwannabe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jKf6VzL8Zo

Sorry about the woeful commentary. You can actually hear the crack as he connects. Scumbag.

Michael Brown's a dirtbag as well. I actually train for tennis with a cousin of his and never miss an opportunity when he's mentioned to tell him what a dirty player he is.

Hartlepool's finest :w00t:

Roy Keane was a scumbag.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eVAbO47LMwM

Also on a tangent the worst injury I ever saw was the David Busst one.

It happened right in front of Schmeichel who staggered away to throw up afterwards.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Oh fucking hell, the David Busst injury. I wondered if anyone would mention that. Yucky. Gary Charles' 180 degree rotating foot was another unpleasant moment I remember from that period. Haven't seen the Eduardo leg-break... papers seem to be getting better at not sticking massive photos of these incidents on their back pages.

Edited by Emperor Fuckshit

papers seem to be getting better at not sticking massive photos of these incidents on their back pages.

I hate that. The worst I remember was when they blew up the Luc Nilis (of Villa, collided I believe with Richard Wright) injury into a huge photo, sickening.

Oh fucking hell, the David Busst injury. I wondered if anyone would mention that. Yucky. Gary Charles' 180 degree rotating foot was another unpleasant moment I remember from that period. Haven't seen the Eduardo leg-break... papers seem to be getting better at not sticking massive photos of these incidents on their back pages.

You mean this one?

***Disclaimer: You may find these images disturbing.

eduardoinjuredAI_450x300.jpg

from the Metro

BreakPA_468x303.jpg

from the Mail

I remember reading at the time that Eduardo was incredibly lucky in that tackle for two reasons.

1) The speed that the Arsenal physio got to him. Had it been a player in a Sunday league match (who would have had to wait for an ambulance) it is likely the damage caused to the surrounding tissues and blood vessels would mean his foot would have had to be amputated.

2) Apparently, according to several reports and doctors statements at the time, the power in the tackle was so great only thing thing that kept his foot attached to his leg was his sock. :o

I'm not going to click that spoiler tab; but I'm guessing that it disproves my theory. I think what it actually is is that the Eduardo incident happened when I was at University, and I only read the odd 'Morning Star' up here. Whereas in my yoof, any leg-breakings, foot-removals and other assorted lovelies would be all over the next morning's Mirror as I tucked into my toast.

I'm not going to click that spoiler tab; but I'm guessing that it disproves my theory. I think what it actually is is that the Eduardo incident happened when I was at University, and I only read the odd 'Morning Star' up here. Whereas in my yoof, any leg-breakings, foot-removals and other assorted lovelies would be all over the next morning's Mirror as I tucked into my toast.

It was everywhere. Most papers had it. To be honest, it's not too bad, it's just a leg wth a few extra corners.....