Download Festival 2009

GA!

Oh, and the stage runs have been done for the bands prior to that announcement. I'm gutted that KoRn and gonna clash with Opeth. :(

Oh, and that classic rock Sunday looks epic. Stone Gods, Tesa, Skin, Journey, Black Stone Cherry, Dream Theater, ZZ Top, Whitesnake, Def Leppard.

For those who that's not to your taste, the final run on stage 2 is Shinedown, Clutch, Buckcherry, Papa Roach and Trivium.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
18 more bands confirmed to play Download 2009

On 05.05.2009

With just over 5 weeks to go until the UK’s premier rock festival, THE DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL AT DONINGTON PARK opens its doors to tens of thousands of die-hard rock fans, we’re pleased to announce a brand new set of bands confirmed to perform at this year’s event.

Sunset Strip glam-rockers STEEL PANTHER, death metallers TRIGGER THE BLOODSHED (who played Download in 2008), Iron Maiden offspring LAUREN HARRIS (who has played Download twice before) and British punk rockers HEXES (who include Radio 1 Rock Show host Daniel P.Carter in their line up) will be joined by HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD, HUNTING THE MINOTAUR, JAPANESE VOYEURS, WHITE MAN KAMIKAZE, LOVERMAN, BLACK SPIDERS, GENERAL FIASCO, SACRED MOTHER TONGUE, 69 EYES, DEAR SUPERSTAR, PULLED APART FROM HORSES, VIOLENT SOHO and BRIDES.

These acts join headliners FAITH NO MORE, SLIPKNOT and DEF LEPPARD in Download’s 7th year in celebrating the true diversity of rock music with all sub-genres catered for, whether you’re into thrash metal, classic rock, prog-metal or nu-metal!

A limited amount of day and guest area tickets have recently been put on sale for all three days – these can be purchased through www.downloadfestival.co.uk alongside weekend and RIP tickets and packages.

Go to news list

Source: Download Festival Website

Steel Panther are fucking awesome, so I'll be catching them if I can. I couldn't really give a fuck about anyone else. I like Hollywood Undead, but I'm sick of hearing that UNDEAD~! song, even if there are lots of titties in the video. I made a joke yesterday that since Download promised us some 'sleaze' in this announcement we'd probably get Dear Superstar. Oh, looky. Dear Superstar have been announced. Bad times. 69 Eyes would be alright to check out if there was nothing else on, and Trigger the Bloodshed aren't completely awful. Lauren Harris can fuck off though. I've been forced through two of your gigs now, bitch, why make it three!?

For those interested, from Billy Gould's Twitter:

“Okay, kids, you knew it was gonna happen, and now I’m happy to confirm it: June 10, Brixton Academy!! Brixton Academy Pre-sale to Download ticket holders on May 6 and 7. Tickets go on sale to the general public May 8.”

Tickets will be £32.50.

Dunno if I can afford that expense. Especially on the Thursday of Download. Doubt my girlfriend would enjoy spending the first part of Download with people she's only met once, lugging my shit around.

• 2 weeks later...

For those interested, here's the list of bands added: BLEED FROM WITHIN; SLEEPERCURVE; BLACKHOLE; NEW DEVICE; OUTCRY COLLECTIVE; TRIPSWITCH; THE INSTIGATORS; IN CASE OF FIRE; HARDCORE SUPERSTAR; SYMPHONY CULT; THE CRAVE; BILLY BOY ON POISON; THE GHOST OF A THOUSAND; PEOPLE IN PLANES; THE AUTEUR; 13 RIOTS; FOREVER NEVER; THE COMPUTERS; SERPICO; SABBAT; SUICIDE SILENCE; FLOOD OF RED; ATTACK! ATTACK!; LOGAN; FEI COMODO; JETT BLACK; MILLION$ RELOAD and RAUCOUS JAYS.

I'll be honest, I've not heard of many of them, but I've seen Logan before (supporting Alter Bridge a few years back) and they were pretty good.

Times are announced on Friday, and the two secret bands the following Monday, which kinda defeats the object of them being secret bands really, doesn't it? The two aren't likely to be Sonisphere / Reading bands, as otherwise legality issues would stop them being announced ahead of time, so it's gotta be someone big to warrant 'secrecy,' hasn't it?