Download Festival 2009

GA!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurm. I have no interest in any of the headliners, would be a little in Trivium and Dream Theater, might be interested in Cornell based of my love of Soundgarden, would go to see ZZ Top just to say I had and would probably be dragged to Pendulum regardless of how I felt. All in all, not enough to warrant paying about £200.

My friend's cousin is in You Me At Six. It's a shame that they're shit. I could use that claim to fame more often if they were good. <_<

Think of the emo fanny you could get. :o

You Meat Six are fucking terrible. They have absolutely nothing about them. It's The Starting Line/Sugarcult effect...where I guess on paper their tunes are 'catchy', but they just sound so dull. And unlike The Starting Line they don't have a badass J-Lo cover, and unlike Sugarcult they aren't surprisingly fucking amazing live.

I know Download isn't really my kind of thing, and I know lots of people seem somewhat underwhelmed by the line-up, but this is probably the 'best' Download line-up (for me) that I've seen at this stage. Opeth, Dream Theater, Prodigy, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Pendulum, Billy Talent, Architects, Killswitch Engage, Papa Roach and even Korn would all be fun to see live.

However, I will say one thing, if I went to a festival where motherfucking Def Leppard was the final act on the bill, I'd hope I'd have been timewarped back to the fucking 80's.

But then again, I'm a bit of a hypocrite as after the news that one of the '2nd headliners' at Leeds/Reading cost "a LOT of money" I'm sitting here fingers crossed for The Cure...so I guess, to each their own.

But I will say again, You Meat Six are shit. :shifty:

And now, I'm going. Ordered tix for me and a mate a few minutes ago.

• 2 weeks later...

The Answer, Fightstar, Bring Me The Horizon, Stone Gods, Static-X, Shinedown, Volbeat, Facecage, Staind, Auger Bane, Sevendust, Go: Audio added.

12 New Bands Announced:

THE ANSWER

FIGHTSTAR

BRING ME THE HORIZON

STONE GODS

STAIND

FACECAGE

GO:AUDIO

SHINEDOWN

STATIC-X

AUGER BANE

VOLBEAT

SEVENDUST

Not a bad set of bands, Staind will be good just to hear "It's Been A While" and I like Go:Audio and Sevendust so for me it's not bad, whats everyone's thoughts?

I saw Stone Gods last year at DL and as well as supporting Airbourne recently - they are in the good-to-very-good region and I'd look forward to seeing them again.

The rest is... well... just there.

And Bring Me The Horizon are shit.

Edited by DFF/WFS

Stone Gods were awesome last year, but why again? They haven't done anything of note. I'd much sooner have Hot Leg play this year instead. Natalie will make me go see Bring Me The Horizon, and I fucking hate them, but their new song is pretty cool. I'm proper chuffed about The Answer. Missed them in '07 :(

Stone Gods were awesome last year, but why again? They haven't done anything of note. I'd much sooner have Hot Leg play this year instead. Natalie will make me go see Bring Me The Horizon, and I fucking hate them, but their new song is pretty cool. I'm proper chuffed about The Answer. Missed them in '07 :(

A mate of mine saw Hot Leg on tour last year supporting someone and said they were dreadful. I'm not complaining about SG coming again - maybe they'll put them in either a slightly higher slot on the second stage (and thus play literally an extra song or two from the album), or they could easily be an early on the main stage band.

I saw The Answer support Alter Bridge four years ago and were very unimpressed by them. Have they improved over the years?

They've got a kickass cover of Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith.

I may have heard that. Was it put out on a Kerrang covers CD or something?

Hot Leg supported Alter Bridge on tour last year in October/November-ish time and I saw them and yea... they were dreadful, I don't know if it was just because of how out of place it seemed inbetween Alter Bridge and Logan, but I really didn't enjoy them, but you know, each to their own.

Hot Leg supported Alter Bridge on tour last year in October/November-ish time and I saw them and yea... they were dreadful, I don't know if it was just because of how out of place it seemed inbetween Alter Bridge and Logan, but I really didn't enjoy them, but you know, each to their own.

Logan!? :w00t:

They were the other supports for Alter Bridge in '05. They were pretty good and had buckets of potential. What are they like now?

Awww shit, Cornell!? Bizkit!? Faith No More!? Shinedown!? Black Stone Cherry!? Journey!? (yeah I know two songs :shifty:)

I only hope for Cornell's sake at last he keeps most of the Scream stuff away (maybe play one or two, as some are pretty damn good) as so he won't get on by thousands of people. Or we get a suprise Soundgarden reformation. (LINK) Shinedown should be huge and seem to be getting there, and a few of their tracks should go down well at Download. Same with Black Stone Cherry.

And Five Finger Death Punch have a pretty cool cover of FNM's "From Out of Nowhere" too.