Download Festival 2009

GA!

Blink headlining would be a fucking party. They have so many songs that everyone knows the words to, whether they'll admit to liking them or not. They certainly can't be any worse than Lostprophets (who were actually better than I expected) or Guns n Roses (ahahahahahahahahaha).

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blink headlining would be a fucking party. They have so many songs that everyone knows the words to, whether they'll admit to liking them or not. They certainly can't be any worse than Lostprophets (who were actually better than I expected) or Guns n Roses (ahahahahahahahahaha).

I'd take Guns (any line-up) over Blink any day of the week, to be perfectly honest with you.

I'm hoping for something a little left-field from Live Nation.

I take it you didn't see GnR when they headlined the other year then? Dreadful.

I remember the set fondly -because I'd made a bet Axl would be a cunt - and it was good to hear some of their songs. However.. dreadful is right.

Blink would be superb. Different for Download, and like you said, a real party.

I didn't go to Download that year - '07 was my first.

I did see them on that same tour and they were really good at their Sheffield show, playing a fantastic 2hr 40+ set.

They played that festival?

I never saw em, just saw some tribute band far too high up the bill :P

But to be fair, they were horrendous, and Sebastian Bach owned Rose on stage.

Blink would be good for Download, but I can't see it happening, depends when the new album is out, they might be able to pull it off though.

I shall possibly be making a trip from Spain to go.. 'cause I got a lot of mates back in the UK who are going and I got other things to see and do in the summer months anyway

ZZ Top, Killswitch Engage and Marilyn Manson added. None seem to be the 3rd headliner.