Download Festival 2009

GA!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a list from a Limp Bizkit fan site about who could be playing, which includes everyone announced so far minus Pendulum.

** THIS LIST BE NOT OFFICIAL, IT BE RUMOUR **

Def Leppard

Devildriver

Dragonforce

God Forbid

Korn

Lamb of God

Limp Bizkit

Marilyn Manson

Motley Crue

Slipknot

The Prodigy

Whitesnake

It all that is true, I presume Def Leppard and Whitesnake will headline Friday in the style of Kiss/Judas Priest. Manson under Slipknot, and Korn under Limp Bizkit (though to be honest, having Limp Bizkit headline is very risky due to their track record of canceling shows... including Download 03). Then the second stage will have Prodigy headlining with Pendulum straight before it.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Prodigy have gigs either side of the Saturday so they'd have to play that (can't be arsed to check right now). Going on that pattern, though, and the general consensus at to which slot Slipknot have, I could see there being a clash between Pendulum/Prodigy and KoRn/Slipknot.

Saying that, though, whilst they paired Priest and KISS together last year, they do split similar genre bands over different days so there is something for everyone. Maybe Pendulum will headline stage 2 on night 1 or 3?

As it stands, I'm happy - KoRn, Slipknot and Dragonforce are defos for me. Bar clashes, I'll go and check out Devil Driver to see if they can top their '07 pit. Couldn't care less about Crue. At all.

Edited by Winter-F'n-Sun!

First confirmed bands:

Slipknot

The Prodigy

Motley Crue

Korn

Pendulum

Dragonforce

Devildriver

Boring as sin, can Download not get new bands on? They just seem to rotate every 3 years.

Meh. New bands are shit. :P

Nope, Download is. I'd say Knebworth will be a refreshing change, but £160 for 2 days, it's more like the metal V Festival.

First confirmed bands:

Slipknot

The Prodigy

Motley Crue

Korn

Pendulum

Dragonforce

Devildriver

Boring as sin, can Download not get new bands on? They just seem to rotate every 3 years.

Meh. New bands are shit. :P

Nope, Download is. I'd say Knebworth will be a refreshing change, but £160 for 2 days, it's more like the metal V Festival.

It's more like getting mugged. :shifty:

Who cares about new bands when you could have Faith No More and Limp Bizkit reuniting... speaking of which, anymore news on the FNM front? I know they were apparently willing but were in need of another few euro festivals to justify coming over to do it.

I won't be going but for the simple fact that I want FNM back I want them to play Download.

Also, if Limp Bizkit and/or Faith No More reunite > Blink 182's reformation. Easily. <_<

I'd take Slipknot, Prodigy and Crue as headliners (and I only really like Motley Crue out of those three) any day. I'm all for seeing Limp Bizkit, but not as a headliner. One, they're unreliable, and two, Slipknot AND Limp Bizkit is fucking nu-metal overkill. There needs to be some fucking variety.

Who cares about new bands when you could have Faith No More and Limp Bizkit reuniting... speaking of which, anymore news on the FNM front? I know they were apparently willing but were in need of another few euro festivals to justify coming over to do it.

I won't be going but for the simple fact that I want FNM back I want them to play Download.

Also, if Limp Bizkit and/or Faith No More reunite > Blink 182's reformation. Easily. <_<

My housemate, who keeps up to date with these things, believe they're more likely to play the Knebworth one, because its in 6 or so other European countries.

I'd take Slipknot, Prodigy and Crue as headliners (and I only really like Motley Crue out of those three) any day. I'm all for seeing Limp Bizkit, but not as a headliner. One, they're unreliable, and two, Slipknot AND Limp Bizkit is fucking nu-metal overkill. There needs to be some fucking variety.

AND Korn.

LB reunion doesn't interest me, I saw em at MEN with Godsmack as support, and they were horrendous live, Godsmack where fair decent. I also think LB have gotten more and more mundance since the Chocolate Starfish era, it's a hard genre to keep fresh considering it was done to death and is now dead and buried.

As for FNM, I have a feeling it'll be Knebworth of Leeds & Reading for them if anything, and definately worth seeing as I've seen almost every Patton band other than this one :P

And when I said new bands, I meant establish bands who've never played Download, not as in new new bands, there's so many big bands they could get in to jazz it up a bit, Kiss was great, they need more like that, theres having establish bands coming back every few years or so, but when you've got a stable of bands you having playing almost every year, it's boring.

In theory, they could put Limp Bizkit and Korn under Slipknot, and have a nu-metal day. But considering how much Slipknot and Limp Bizkit hate each other, I doubt it. Even though I would love to see all three bands (in Korn's case, see them again) - I find it really odd that they're bringing out the nu-metal bands eight years after the fad peaked.

All we need now is for Spineshank to be rumoured... Oh wait.

In theory, they could put Limp Bizkit and Korn under Slipknot, and have a nu-metal day. But considering how much Slipknot and Limp Bizkit hate each other, I doubt it. Even though I would love to see all three bands (in Korn's case, see them again) - I find it really odd that they're bringing out the nu-metal bands eight years after the fad peaked.

All we need now is for Spineshank to be rumoured... Oh wait.

I could see it now...

Slipknot

Limp Bizkit

Korn

Disturbed

Papa Roach

Saliva

Kittie/Otep

Spineshank

Sevendust

All in one day, mind you, thats from bands still around.

£160 for Download as well, prices keep going up, line-ups don't get any better :/

Yup, to be fair, I've lost hope over UK festivals in the last few years, it's far more fun going abroad for me. I thoroughly enjoyed Wacken last year, and I'm stoked for Hellfest this year. It's overall better value for money too.

Yeh, it cost me just over £100 for Hellfest, Wacken last year was £80 for a weekend ticket and the flight was about £80 return from Hamburg.

Been looking at flights for Hellfest and it's looking to be a pain, I can Ryanair it from Liverpool to Nantes for £10, but the next flight back aint till tuesday, and the festival finishes monday, more importantly I'm back in work on the Tuesday. :/