Download Festival 2009

GA!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Bizkit played and then split up straight afterwards, I would be happy. Only because Wes Borland is apparently back with the band despite how he's been doing much better things with Black Light Burns.

I pray that Limp Bizkit play, just because I know at least three people who'd go to Download who wouldn't otherwise. I want to go to a music festival again this year, but I'm not a part of the Leeds crowd anymore - IE: I'm not a pretentious teenage prick who pretends to be anarchic between using the hairdressing and showering facilities - so here's hoping.

Plus as a WWF fan circa 2001, I'm was/am a fan of Limp Bizkit anyway.

i want to, last year i did three camping fests and two non camping, i don't think i'll beat that this year, but i so want to.

I wanna do Glasto, Download, Gatecrasher, Camden Crawl and some little indie fests

The main stage was alright, I liked the slope down and the sort of criss cross pathways so you could cut through the crowd a bit higher up, I'm not sure about the open D barrier though. I have mixed emotions. Had great fun in it during lostprophets though.

The third stage was the same as always, I loved it though, great to just chill and watch some nobodies if you've been a bit heavy on the beveraging.

Second stage however, fucking awful. Avoided it as much as I could. The sound leaked away into nothing, there was no slope, concrete floor, no screens, absolutely atrocious. Hated the second stage. Saw maybe three bands there all weekend.

From Classic Rock

Download Festival Organzier Andy Copping has shot down rumours that a Metallica-fronted festival could be happening on the same weekend as Download but didn’t rule out a summer performance from the metal titans.

Check out our beginners guide to Metallica!

Speaking out about the swirling rumours that Download and a Metallica-fronted festival could take place on the same weekend in June, Copping said: “Metallica are (touring) around Download. They’re not playing Download and they’re not around that weekend to play so if they’re not doing Download, they’re certainly not doing anything else.”

“I know that they’re looking at doing something but it’s not Download weekend, no.”

Metallica have recently been confirmed as inductees to this year’s Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and the band themselves have been speaking out about the honour. There has also been a release date announced for the band’s Guitar Hero adventure.

In other Download rumours, Copping also said that Van Halen are not likely to play on British shores any time soon while, contrary to rumours, Heaven And Hell are not yet confirmed for this year’s festival.

Metal Hammer report that reunited Faith No More and Limp Bizkit’s could play Download and there’s also speculation about Manowar, Def Leppard and Motley Crue hitting Donington.

This is one of the reasons why I hate living in Germany.I'd love to go the Download festival,but can't afford to travel so far -_-

Anyways,I always liked the lineups for the festival and I think this is going to be great too (Y)

Meh, not a fan of Limp Bizkit. Korn I'm starting to get into. Dream Theatre and Dragon Force I wouldn't want to listen to for an extended period of time. What I've heard of Def Leppard and Manowar, I can dig. No Metallica either.

Based on that list, a day ticket may not be out of the question depending how they line up, but I don't think I'll be camping.

Oh, fuck yeah for Def Leppard, Prodigy and Limp Bizkit. That's my ticket bought already.

I'm torn on Motley Crue. It'd be awesome to see them again, purely because they're my favourite band, but I'd probably get radged because of how shit they've become recently.

Heh, my girlfriend will want to see them anyway. Seeing Crue at least twice in a life time can't be bad.