Download Festival 2009

GA!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna try and get to both Download and Bloodstock this year. The latter simply depends on whether any of my mates can actually go.

As for the change of layout, they've moved the stages, etc. to the southern side of the track. Camping and village are were they were before thus the walk is ever so slightly less, and you have to go through the village to get to it. Oh, and it seems its all grass this year. (One of the organisers posted a rudimentary pic on the DL forums).

As for bands, I would LOVE to see Dream Theater again. Only got to see a couple of songs when they played in 07 as we waned to get a none-shit spot for Maiden. Limp Bizkit would be fun, but I wouldn't go just because of them. Manowar are meant to have an entertaining live show, so they would be cool. KoRn were amazing in 07, as Davies was awesome in 08, so I'd love KoRn back - maybe as a main stage headliner this time?

Oh, and Def Leppard would be damned good too.

Manowar will most likely play as they're headlining Hellfest. But the on the whole, Download looks gash as per usual. Bizkit were god awful when they broke up, and won't be much better reformed without Borland. And Korn, well, they've been horrendous for years.

Was looking forward to Wacken this year, but line up is looking horrendous as well with crap like Dragonforce and BFMV on it. Only decent band on there is GWAR.

But it's Hellfest in France for me, it's possibly the greatest line up I've seen in a few years, already 35 bands I want to see, still 40 to be announced. And maybe at Bloodstock this year too, as my band might be playing it :P

For anyone interested on the Hellfest line up so far, here you go:

* Aborted

* Adagio

* All Shall Perish

* Amebix

* Amon Amarth

* Anthrax

* August Burns Red

* Aura Noir

* Backyard Babies

* Betrayed

* Black Dahlia Murder

* Blockheads

* Bloodclot

* Bonded By Blood

* Bring Me The Horizon

* Cathedral

* Coalesce

* Dagoba

* Deicide

* Despised Icon

* Destruction

* DevilDriver

* Electric Wizard

* Enslaved

* Entombed

* Epica

* Eyehategod

* Forged in Flame

* Friar Rush

* Gama Bomb

* Girlschool

* God Forbid

* Gojira

* Gorgoroth

* Grand Magus

* Heaven and Hell

* Heaven Shall Burn

* Holyhell

* Jarboe

* Kataklysm

* Keep of Kalessin

* Kickback

* Kingdom of Sorrow

* Kylesa

* Mad Sin

* Manowar

* Melechesh

* Misery Index

* Misfits

* Moonsorrow

* Motley Crue

* Nachtmystium

* Napalm Death

* Obituary

* Orakle

* Orange Goblin

* Outlaw Order

* Parkway Drive

* Pentagram

* Sacred Reich

* Slapshot

* Soilent Green

* Stratovarius

* Suicide Silence

* Taake

* Terror

* The Business

* Torche

* Ufomammut

* Vision of Disorder

* Volbeat

* W.A.S.P.

* Whitechapel

* Wolves in the Throne Room

Edited by fourstarfizzle

There's a whole lotta bands on that hellfest list i'd wanna see, but i reckon that's a bit heavy for me nowadays. few years ago maybe.

Yeh, it's acquiring to my taste perfectly. Wacken is far too power metally this year (mainly because it started as one and it's the 20th anniversary), and Download is just shit festival wise now, both musically and experience/money wise.

Main reason for Hellfest is Manowar & Electric Wizard, as neither tours that much for me too see.

The Hellfest line-up is fantastic; Wolves In The Throneroom are one of the best new metal bands in years, and the best American black metal band ever, and couple that with Electric Wizard, Orange Goblin, Napalm Death, Cathedral, Gojira, Gorgoroth and The Misfits, and it should be absolutely phenomenal. I'm really wanting to go, but I don't know if I'll be able to afford it or get the time off work, especially as I'm already considering Whitby Goth Weekend, All Tomorrow's Parties three times, BLOC Weekend, La Route Du Rock and Glastonbury. Would love it, though.

Yeh, WITTR are a band I definately want to see live, they're gig in Manchester has sold out, theres 10 tickets on the door though on Feb 2nd, so I'm gonna try to go. I also wanna see Nachtmystium live too, another ace black/death/dirty jazz metal band.

Oh fuck, Faith No More would be epic.

Never going to happen. I don't care what Metal Hammer have to say, I will cut off my right hand if FNM play Download.

Well, yeah, that's why it'd be epic >_>

I'm thinking Reading/Leeds is more likely this year, as the people I know around here would be more likely to be up for it. It'd be a shame to miss out on Download as I've been every year except the first, but the last couple really haven't felt like I was getting my money's worth in terms of bands that I actually really wanted to see.

but the last couple really haven't felt like I was getting my money's worth in terms of bands that I actually really wanted to see.

exactly what i thought last year, 2008 was rather shit. and if they're doing this 'fan forum' for choosing the bands at the festival now, it's basically going to be what metal hammer or kerrang tells the kids is cool.

Limp Bizkit AND Faith No More reuniting? Even though it's 99% probably I won't be going, that'd be epic.

Newalbumsnowpleasthankxbye.

Anyone heard any Soundgarden & proper line-up Nirvana reunion rumours lately? :shifty:

Manowar will most likely play as they're headlining Hellfest. But the on the whole, Download looks gash as per usual. Bizkit were god awful when they broke up, and won't be much better reformed without Borland. And Korn, well, they've been horrendous for years.

Borland's back in Limp Bizkit apparently. He'll be gone again by next Tuesday probably.

One of my work mates is still holding on for Metallica at Download. He's going regardless, but is a big fan. Shall be there again myself anyways.

Metallica are definitely not playing Download. One of the Download organisers said they're doing their own Knebworth (or something on that scale) show instead.

You are all forced to celebrate with my birthday with me.

All of you.

No choice.

I will, if you actually meet up with me this year :P

It’s been a crazy week for Download rumours with Faith No More, Manowar and Limp Bizkit all being heavily rumoured for this year’s festival but who told ‘Hammer they were playing Download just yesterday?

God Forbid have confirmed to Metal Hammer that they will be playing this year’s Download Festival. Speaking to lead guitarist Dallas Coyle, the shredder told us: “”Yes, we’re playing Download as well as a few other European festivals. (I) can’t wait to rock out at Download!”

In other Download news, Classic Rock confirm that Metallica will not be at this year’s festival and neither will Van Halen.

Lamb Of God appear to have self-confirmed (you can also get a track-by-track to their new album, ‘Wrath’) and The Prodigy have also been heavily linked to a slot at this year’s festival. You can also get exclusive news about a new site for the festival at Donington Park.