Download Festival 2009

GA!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s been a crazy week for Download rumours with Faith No More, Manowar and Limp Bizkit all being heavily rumoured for this year’s festival but who told ‘Hammer they were playing Download just yesterday?

God Forbid have confirmed to Metal Hammer that they will be playing this year’s Download Festival. Speaking to lead guitarist Dallas Coyle, the shredder told us: “”Yes, we’re playing Download as well as a few other European festivals. (I) can’t wait to rock out at Download!”

In other Download news, Classic Rock confirm that Metallica will not be at this year’s festival and neither will Van Halen.

Lamb Of God appear to have self-confirmed (you can also get a track-by-track to their new album, ‘Wrath’) and The Prodigy have also been heavily linked to a slot at this year’s festival. You can also get exclusive news about a new site for the festival at Donington Park.

So no Metallica or Van Halen, and Lamb of God... Yeah I'm definitely passing.

Borland is back with LB? Since when? Last I heard, he was doing tracks for the new BLB album and playing guitar with Manson. I haven't heard shit about he rejoining Limp Bizkit. If so, that's fucking stupid. That band has been dead for years now.

Borland is back with LB? Since when? Last I heard, he was doing tracks for the new BLB album and playing guitar with Manson. I haven't heard shit about he rejoining Limp Bizkit. If so, that's fucking stupid. That band has been dead for years now.

http://www.limpbizkit.com/ - That's Wes with his crazy moustache on the right. I'm guessing that as BLB are without a label now, he needs the money.

For all those going, you should be lucky about Korn...

Not because they're good, but because their current drummer Terry Bozzio is the best in the world.

I hate statements like this. Bozzio is good, but there's people just as good. Bozzio in Korn won't be anything special, as the majority of Korn's drumming is simple metal stuff, nothing too technical or complex.

It'd be like Michael Angelo or Joe Satriani joining Metallica and saying "you'll be lucky to see them, as he's the best in the world".

They won't be adding much if anything to the mix, just playing the songs.

And boo to Borland rejoining LB, he'll be gone again in about 6 months and replaced with a guitarist from some mediocre nu metal midcard band.

Edited by fourstarfizzle

Rumours at the moment, for anyone interested.

Self Confirmations

God Forbid

Lamb of God

Other Strong Rumours

Aiden

Finch

Heaven and Hell

HORSE the Band

Protest the Hero

Slipknot

Rumours

Anthrax

Biffy Clyro

Billy Talent

Black Tide

Bring Me The Horizon

Def Leppard

Devildriver

Dir En Grey

Dragonforce

Epica

Every Time I Die

Faith No More

Filter

Gallows

In Case of Fire

Isis

Killswitch Engage

KoRn

KMFDM

Less Than Jake

Machine Head

Manowar

Mastodon

Megadeth

Methods of Mayhem

Mindless Self Indulgence

Motley Crue

Nine Inch Nails

Ozzy Osbourne

Papa Roach

Parkway Drive

Placebo

The Prodigy - can only do the saturday

Rammstein

Sacred Reich

Sevendust

Slayer

Staind

The Subways

Trivium

Volbeat

Wolves in the Throne Room

W.A.S.P

ZZ Top

Why do people even bother keeping track of if Borland's in the band or not? Whichever side he's on this week will be different the next.

Fuck you, come home. :@

Yeah, imagine what Mrs. Summ would do to me if I came home for your birthday after missing hers?

You know those chicken nuggets she bakes you while your playing COD? How about McGazz nuggets?

Small people scare me :unsure:

Oh shit. Wolves In The Throneroom might just sell me on this, regardless of who else is playing.

I highly doubt they'll play Download, neither Kerrang or Metal Hammer knows who they are :P

And with this being a 'fan focused' festival, I just can't see it happening.

Yeah, imagine what Mrs. Summ would do to me if I came home for your birthday after missing hers?

You know those chicken nuggets she bakes you while your playing COD? How about McGazz nuggets?

She works too often to cook for me while I war these days.

When are you due back? We got some drinkin' to do.

She works too often to cook for me while I war these days.

When are you due back? We got some drinkin' to do.

October.

Just not sure which year yet...