Download Festival 2009

GA!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll call Nerf/Summers/whoever it was again and speak to you all on the Friday night >_>

No, you won't. :(

It appears I may be going to this. Cool.

Fuhserial?

:crying:

Edited by Dan Le Sac's No.1 Fan

I'm just curious but it seems odd ZZ Top WON'T be headlining? I'm very partial to Motley Crue, but there is no question in my mind that ZZ Top is the biggest legend on the bill.

Being old doesn't make you a legend. They have a few good songs, but they are certainly not orgasm-worthy.

@ Summ:

Fuhserial.

Prodigy tickets for NIA/NEC/Whatever seem to be non-existant, anywhere, now. So Download seems to be the next best idea. Plus Emma's going to be away for a month/all summer, so I need something to keep myself preoccupied. >_>

Edited by TSSTB

3rd headliner to be announced on Monday 2nd March. There's a big countdown clock on DL's front page for it, making it look like it's going to be something big. I'm leaning towards it being Blink, though there's the odd rumour on the forums that it even may be Queen + Paul Rogers... which would be awesome but random as fuck.

I'm hoping for a swerve and it be Muse or something.

Plus they played last year and haven't done anything of note since then.

I've never seen anybody as interested in a festival that they aren't attending as BuddyAwesome.

Or me :P I have a strong feeling Blink might be the headliners now after what they've mentioned about playing a 'big event' in the summer. Faith No More will most likely play Sonisphere as it tours Europe, which is kinda what they wanted to make it worth their while.

Rumours are getting a bit out of hand on DL's forum with people going as far as suggestion The Sex Pistols.

Edited by Winter-F'n-Sun!

It depends really. Either it shows that they don't have someone concrete in place as it stands, or they are going for the 'SUPER SECRET GUEST that is so awesome you can't fail by buying tickets, as you'll love it no matter what' kinda stunt.

Although I'm guessing with the former, or an underwhelming latter.

I'm guessing they honestly think they have a big enough name that tickets will fly once they announce the 3rd headliner.

I'm still hoping for someone ridiculously too big for DL... like Bon Jovi. That would be immense.