Download Festival 2009

GA!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in this moment blew. hard. she was terrible.

In This Moment are only good if you can get close enough for a perve. :shifty: They have a few good songs, "Forever" especially is a cracking tune, but nah, not that big on them, were my least favourite act on the Give It A Name Introduces tour earlier in the year.

I don't get why Limp bizkit have to be a guilty pleasure. Sure, Durst is a dickhole, but so are lots of frontmen. Significant oter is a quality album, 3 dollar Bill was alright too, and sure Chocolate Starfish was a little more aimed at the mainstream, but you can't deny it's catchy as fuck, and everyone sings along to My Generation or Rollin'.

I don't get why Limp bizkit have to be a guilty pleasure. Sure, Durst is a dickhole, but so are lots of frontmen. Significant oter is a quality album, 3 dollar Bill was alright too, and sure Chocolate Starfish was a little more aimed at the mainstream, but you can't deny it's catchy as fuck, and everyone sings along to My Generation or Rollin'.

It isn't like I'm embarassed by it, but I guess 'guilty pleasure' will be thrown out due to the fact that practically everything else they did sucked balls (Chocolate Starfish had its moments, but its no Significant Other), Fred Durst is a knob jockey and they haven't really been that relavent for ages. I was truly surprised that they were as good as they seemed to be at Download, irrelevant of the actual songs themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched a few of the bands on stream when it happened.

Staind was the band that was on when I first checked out the site. A little boring.

Came back for Limp Bizkit. AMAZING. That guy he got on the stage was awesome too, as was the middle part of "Take a Look Around" (the Mission: Impossible theme) with the extra long breakdown and everyone sitting down when Durst told them too.

Came back for Faith No More. Loved the opening song and wish they actually cover Pokerface for real as I hate the song, but if I ever hear it I can be reminded of the FNM version. Chariots of Fire was funny too. I enjoyed it, but it just seemed to go on for too long.

Missed all of Saturday, couldn't be bothered with any of the bands except Chris Cornell, except he was on second stage and thus not streaming.

On Sunday I saw Tesla, who were a bit pants. Black Stone Cherry were awesome except the slow, ballad "Things your Father Said". "Lonely Train" was immense as was their cover of "Voodoo Child" at the end of their set with the drummer playing the bass like a drum.

Saw Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'/Anyway You Want It" medley on YouTube. Epic. And saw the first two songs of Def Leppard which is all they allowed us. Seemed decent.

Came back for Limp Bizkit. AMAZING. That guy he got on the stage was awesome too, as was the middle part of "Take a Look Around" (the Mission: Impossible theme) with the extra long breakdown and everyone sitting down when Durst told them too.

Not strictly true. It was good though. Fred was all "Hey, everybody, don't you ever feel like slowing things down, taking a break?" and he sits down. I understood what he was implying, but the morons at the front started a circle pit. Fred repeated himself like threee times, and eventually he said "Why not take a seat?" and then everyone started to get down. It was cool because it extended the breakdown, but because the circle pit guys fucked it up, there wasn't room for anyone past like three rows to sit/crouch/kneel.

Not strictly true. It was good though. Fred was all "Hey, everybody, don't you ever feel like slowing things down, taking a break?" and he sits down. I understood what he was implying, but the morons at the front started a circle pit. Fred repeated himself like threee times, and eventually he said "Why not take a seat?" and then everyone started to get down. It was cool because it extended the breakdown, but because the circle pit guys fucked it up, there wasn't room for anyone past like three rows to sit/crouch/kneel.

Well, you know what I mean. ¬¬

Yeah, circle pits are for retards. Twice during Killswitch and three times during Limp Bizkit, I almost got caught up in one. What's the point of doing anything other than jumping up and down or just standing there. Why kick the shit out of each other when a band is playing?