Spider-Man 3 news

MalaCloudy Black

Some possible spoilers, maybe even...though most is speculation.

Latest updates on Spiderman 3

Spiderman 3 Updated :

Monday 21st June 2004: Spider-Man 3 Update:

The third Spider-Man film has already been given a release date of May 4, 2007.

Thursday 25th March 2004: Spider-Man 3 Update:

Sony have revealed that the release date for Spider-Man 3 has been set as 4th May 2007. There had been discussion of when they would release part 3 but it now looks like Sony are more confident of a May 2007 release date.

Thursday 4th March 2004: Spider-Man 3 Update:

Part 2 isn't even out yet, but Sony/Marvel are feeling rather confident about the Spider-Man franchise with the news that Spider-Man 3 has been greenlit. They are looking at a 2007 release date, but might even look at a 2006 release date. Marvel honcho Avi Arad had this to say about the news "it is a big movie, and we would rather play it safe and talk about 2007 at this point."

Monday 16th February 2004: Spider-Man 3 Update:

Eliza Dushku has been rumoured as Sam Raimi's ideal choice to play The Black Cat in Spider-Man 3.

Monday 13th October 2003: Spider-Man 3 Update:

Director Sam Raimi has revealed that he’s committed to a third Spider-Man

film, even though no official announcement has yet been made. Raimi is also

reported to have said that he'd love to do a fourth Evil Dead film.

Wednesday 11th December 2002: Spiderman 3 Update:

Marvel Studios executive vice president Kevin Feige has been talking about the rumours circulating on possible casting for the in development Spiderman 3 and he rubbished them. "We have a good chuckle at all of those rumors," Feige said. However Feige assures us that these rumors are false.

Monday 2nd December 2002: Spiderman 3 Update:

Casting rumours already for Spiderman 3 with tittle tattle circultating that Venom and Carnage will be the main villains, well Marvel comics are promoting that these villains will take centre stage. The casting rumours revolve around Vin Diesel and The Rock as Eddie Brock and Sam Rockwell/ Christian Bale as Cletus Kassady.

Guest Angry Baboon

I don't care if he pisses off hardcore fans by changing the storyline somewhat, I want Venom in SM3. Even if the Green Goblin II's in there. Ya know?

Sony dos not own the rights to venom and marvel dos only sell the character to a studio that gives it an own movie (wich MGM and new line cinema already bought but gave back i think, annyway, sinc spider-man was written as a trilogy this pritty muich clears up that there will be no venom)

and if you see jameson jr. in the movie as an sign for venom you got a bunch of other villant signes in there to.

Dushku should get a chin before she every trys to get in my sight again.

Guest Takayamanofear

If they are going build up Venom then they are going have to build up the Brock - Parker realationship. I think they should show in the 3rd movie Parker becoming succesful with Jameson and Brock dropping down the ladder. Thus causing Brocks hatered for Parker. You can't build the up in one movie right with all the other stuff that they have already said. They need to bring in Brock has a on screen character before they bring in Venom.

If they are going build up Venom then they are going have to build up the Brock - Parker realationship. I think they should show in the 3rd movie Parker becoming succesful with Jameson and Brock dropping down the ladder. Thus causing Brocks hatered for Parker. You can't build the up in one movie right with all the other stuff that they have already said. They need to bring in Brock has a on screen character before they bring in Venom.

Yeah, but I'm not sure they know how much longer the "Spider-Man Train" will be in service. Dunst doesn't seem to be game for any films past the 3rd and Maguire's "back problems" that almost kept him from #2 could arise again...who knows? It takes time to make these movies as well, other things might happen too.

Well in Wizard #154 there is a page on Spiderman 3 talking about the rumour with Venom but they also have quaotes from Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi on how they both really enjoy Sandman. Raimi also says he enjoys the Kingpin but that it was already used in Daredevil... and Raimi also likes Electro and Vulture.

So who knows who it could be I personally think it will be Harry as the Green Goblin and then have it end with some kind of cliff hanger like say a the rock from space in a test lab at night and then the symbiote coming to life.

Guest Cereal Killer

I have a feeling Venom and Carnage will not be in SpiderMan 3, even though it would be great but I think they'll hold off until the 4th one. As for playing Carnage, I'd love to see it be Harry Connick Jr. He has the look from the comics/cartoon and showed he could be a good hick/bad guy in Copycat.