Bands You'd Love To See Reunite

RKOIsmail

I always wanted to see The Beatles one more time but we all know that will never ever happen, maybe in heaven or something but not in this life time. The kick ass Metallica from the 80's-90's, I miss that great music. It sounds more pop to me then rock tbh. Last one I think should be Guns N' Roses because they were the last Rock n' Roll band and they wrote some amazing stuff. The new Guns is meh but I would perfer the old line up. Oldl line up for Motorhead because they rocked.

Anything else?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many things wrong with this post.

You acknowledge that the Beatles can't reunite, but apparently Metallica from the 80's can?

Secondly, you didn't name a single band that doesn't actually exist in some form today, besides the Beatles, who as you mentioned, can't exist anymore.

There are so many things wrong with this post.

You acknowledge that the Beatles can't reunite, but apparently Metallica from the 80's can?

Secondly, you didn't name a single band that doesn't actually exist in some form today, besides the Beatles, who as you mentioned, can't exist anymore.

You would acknowledge the fact that I said that a reunion you want could be possible or impossible, it does not matter. This thread is entitled "Bands That Are Very Likely To Reunite With The Original Line Up".

Take a closer look, bands that you would like to see reunite. All the members could be dead but you could still name the band, it doesn't matter.

Edited by RKOIsmail

You would acknowledge the fact that I said that a reunion you want could be possible or impossible, it does not matter. This thread is entitled "Bands That Are Very Likely To Reunite With The Original Line Up".

No it's not... "Bands You'd Love To See Reunite, Impossible or Possible it doesn't matter"

Where's "With The Original Line Up" part in that?

No it's not... "Bands You'd Love To See Reunite, Impossible or Possible it doesn't matter"

Where's "With The Original Line Up" part in that?

Okay.. here is what I'm trying to explain.

Bands like Metallica and Guns N Roses who are still around but with different members. When I was talking about reuniting, I was talking about the old line up. Sorry if I didn't really point that out.

Limp Bizkit! :shifty:

Faith No More (maybe sooner than we think), Nirvana, Alice in Chains w/Staley, Blind Melon w/Hoon and of course Soundgarden.

Or y'know, every other band that I like that have disbanded at some point, whether due to death or not. <_<

Its Bands you'd like to see reunite. You named one band that doesn't exist today in some form or another. Thats not really saying much if those are the bands you'd like to see reunite, when you can still today see Metallica with all but one of the members from the era you like.

This whole thing comes off as "Bands I'd like to see go back to playing music like they used to"

I mean I'll give you Guns N Roses too, but really, listing Metallica as a band you'd like to see reunite is just strange.

Anyways, on the topic of bands I''d like to see reunite...The Refused and The Replacements.

On the topic of bands who's original lineups I'd like to see return, The Misfits with Danzig.

Edited by Montana Maxx

This whole thing comes off as "Bands I'd like to see go back to playing music like they used to"

That's more of a complex topic.

Anyhow I mentioned Beatles which would not happen because 2 members are dead. However I would love to see them reunite, however this is NOT possible. I'd like to see Guns N Roses reunite with Izzy, Duff, Steven, Axl, and Slash, and this is POSSIBLE.

I wasn't too specific about the topic title but I was guessing people would catch the flow. If I caused confusion then I'm sorry for doing so but it's pretty obvious what I'm trying to ask to people on here.

KoRn would be a nice band to see reunite but it's highly unlikely. [thanks davis]

Edited by RKOIsmail

Yeah but I was expecting at least one band thats actually broken up and doesn't exist anymore, but still could reunite. Got any of those?

Yes I understand that.

Anyhow, I've always rooted for a Pink Floyd reunion and then it happened but to be honest it was not what I expected it to be. Though it was amazing seeing all those guys still rocking out there. That's my concern for bands that reunite. It was nice seeing Led Zep reunite and they actually sounded decent. Only if Johnny was alive, it would've been way more epic.

Public Image Limited, if only because I'm convinced they could still make fantastic and challenging music, rather than the holiday camp nostalgia act that the Pistols turned into.

Other than that I can't think of any, reunion shows annoy me.

Just out of curiosity, what would you consider the "old line-up" for Motorhead? The current line-up is about as constant as the band has ever been, and other than Lemmy I couldn't think of any one member that would define a specific sound for them - except possibly Philthy Animal Taylor - I don't see any benefit in them playing with one line-up over another, to be honest.

As for a Pink Floyd reunion, what did you expect?

Just out of curiosity, what would you consider the "old line-up" for Motorhead? The current line-up is about as constant as the band has ever been, and other than Lemmy I couldn't think of any one member that would define a specific sound for them - except possibly Philthy Animal Taylor - I don't see any benefit in them playing with one line-up over another, to be honest.

Read the whole thread looking for this, cheers skum.

I spose he means Fast Eddie, Phil Taylor and Lemmy tbf, but the current iteration of the band has been around since, what 92? And are fucking quality.

I'd like to have seen G.G. Allin when he was with the Jabbers or Scumfucs for various reasons. Firstly, he was at his best creatively with these two bands, and second, you'd be less likely to get shit thrown in your direction during those time periods.

On the topic of trash rockers, I'd have loved to seen the Mentors at their peak. If El Duce hadn't been smashed by a train we could still be seeing them touring a filthy sewer near you.

The Dead Boys are another that could still be around, but are not due to the lead singer getting hit by transportation (in Stiv Bators case, it was a car in France). I think if he were still around, they'd definitely still be able to play a rocking good show even at an age that is beyond 40. The funny thing is that Stiv Bators could have survived getting hit by the car, but did not seek medical attention. The story is, is that he was hit by the car, but due to years of abusing himself on stage (ala Iggy Pop) he figured he could walk it off. A tough bastard, but it cost him.

Seeing Johnny Thunders would be great, specifically with the Heartbreakers, but the Dolls reunion last year would have been nice if he was on guitar (and unfortunately that Dolls reunion only had Sylvain Sylvain and David Johansen left due to Thunders, Nolan, and Kane all being dead). Fuck, I'd take seeing him doing his solo work after the Heartbreakers, So Alone was a great album.

I'd also be nice to see the MC5 in their original form, but with Rob Tyner and Fred Smith dead, it'd never be the same. Apparently they did have a reunion in 2003 that saw Lemmy take on the vocal duties, which would have been awesome. I guess if you're going to replace your dead lead singer, might as well use Lemmy.

And yeah I know that I said I'd like to have seen bands at their peak, rather than specifically mentioning a reunion. I mean the same thing, so blow me.